Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clermont vs Munster buildup thread **read post one

• 14-04-2013 11:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

**This thread is not for commenting on the POC, Dave Kearney incident. People ignoring this will be banned

As suggested in the other thread!

I'll do a writeup when the lineups are announced.

What say you? 240 votes

Clermont by more than 10
    0%
    Clermont by 1-10
    44%
    TrojanKulgantommycahirThe RoosterSuprSiNooptirrpc[Jackass]Phoneheadmelekalikimakaevil_seedRandolphEsqtolosencGordon Gekkokc66McCalvinfguinantoomevaraeyeball kidB0X 107 votes
    Munster by 1-10
    24%
    Big NellyEoinManAboutCouchrandomname2005Bits_n_BobsRoanmoreDave_The_SheepJelloProwetodrebel.ranter[Deleted User]Digifriendlymurphym7A-Traingerardk55sydthebeatcircoseoferrallmolloyjhRMD 59 votes
    Munster by more than 10
    29%
    IcebergCrowdedHouseKELTICKNIGHTTFeederwho_mebudhabobRiskymoveBenny CakeredvedjprenderEvil_ClownblegLeeroyJonesduckysauceomega666HazysDeankScrubsfanChristwinytwoDDC1990 71 votes
    John Hayes
    1%
    flynner5000NinjaKjjjd 3 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

Munster by 40

• Administrators Posts: 54,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Clermont by 1-10
    Good luck :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Munster by more than 10
    Thread needs a poll. Always interesting to see which way people vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Glass Prison 1214

Clermont by 1-10
    trouttrout wrote: »
    Munster by 40

Your Clermont bias is pretty obvious, Munster by 90 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

We're gonna get destroyed. Soz for the buzzkill.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Clermont by 1-10

Buzz Killington strikes again. Jeeez

jesus I ****ed up the poll and all :(

Munster by more than 10

Are you sure you are a Munster fan?

Are you sure you are a Munster fan?

Yes, but an extremely pessimistic one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Looks fine to me, anyone who was going to vote for Munster by more than 10 needs their head examined.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Clermont's reserves/third/fourth string players were very good earning a draw against a full strength Toulon side today. Delany looked very good considering he was a medical joker making his first start. I don't know if he's registered for the HC but he looked very assured and would be a better option than a half-fit Skrela. Nakatici also put his hand up to be in the matchday 23 for Munster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Munster by more than 10
    Munster it is for me. I'm biased as this game is bigger than any Lions match or Irish match this year as far as I'm concerned.

Clermont 17 - Munster 21.

yimrsg wrote: »
    Clermont's reserves/third/fourth string players were very good earning a draw against a full strength Toulon side today. Delany looked very good considering he was a medical joker making his first start. I don't know if he's registered for the HC but he looked very assured and would be a better option than a half-fit Skrela. Nakatici also put his hand up to be in the matchday 23 for Munster.

Delany is not registered, I don't think they can add anyone at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,297 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Bookies have it a two score game, Clermont (-11) 10/11, says it all really.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Fixed it for you there.

Any word on a POC citing?
    Going to have a huge bearing if missing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,477 ✭✭✭✭phog

I'm not confident but after our last two games I've more hope than I had 3 weeks ago. We need Paulie, we need Downey and Laulala at their best in defence and we need Earls and Dougie back.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

JRant wrote: »

50 hours from the kick off time for HEC games, I can't find anything for Pro12 that specifies a time limit.

phog wrote: »
    I'm not confident but after our last two games I've more hope than I had 3 weeks ago. We need Paulie, we need Downey and Laulala at their best in defence and we need Earls and Dougie back.

Downey, Laulala, Earls, Dougie and Zebo I assume you want then, who are you putting where in the back 3? I think the south of France would be well suited for Jones' style of play.

Clareman wrote: »
    Downey, Laulala, Earls, Dougie and Zebo I assume you want then, who are you putting where in the back 3? I think the south of France would be well suited for Jones' style of play.

I don't really care just we need the lads even if some sit on the bench. I'd drop Dineen and Hurley

• Advertisement

Earls at 13 if both he and Howlett are fit.

Munster by more than 10
    JRant wrote: »

I don't think POC will be cited. This is a report from the match referring to that incident:

There was an injury stoppage for Dave Kearney who was kicked in the head by O'Connell when the Munster captain made a clumsy attempt to fly-hack the ball.

Please let's not drag kickgate into this thread.

Munster by more than 10
    Please let's not drag kickgate into this thread.

There will be no escaping it!

Rightwing wrote: »
    I don't think POC will be cited. This is a report from the match referring to that incident:

There was an injury stoppage for Dave Kearney who was kicked in the head by O'Connell when the Munster captain made a clumsy attempt to fly-hack the ball.

Don't want to get into the rights and wrongs of the incident itself, just wondering when he might find out one way or another.

Having both POC and DOC out would be a terrible blow, this will be a 23 man game for sure. Clermont have good depth at lock with Hines, Cudmore and Pierre.

For the record, these are the locks in Munster's HEC squad:
    POC, Ryan, DOC, Holland, Foley

Worst case scenario is Ryan and Holland starting with Foley on the bench. Foley's last appearance was 20 minutes off the bench against Ospreys in the start of March. Holland has made 24 appearances this season.

Earls at 13 if both he and Howlett are fit.
    full team?

Lualala or Downey at 12?

Munster by more than 10
    Either way this game will bring the squad on. This is where you want to be plying your trade. Top end European rugby. We are back here again and will be all the better for the experience.

Munster by more than 10
    Having both POC and DOC out would be a terrible blow, this will be a 23 man game for sure. Clermont have good depth at lock with Hines, Cudmore and Pierre.

For the record, these are the locks in Munster's HEC squad:
    POC, Ryan, DOC, Holland, Foley

Worst case scenario is Ryan and Holland starting with Foley on the bench. Foley's last appearance was 20 minutes off the bench against Ospreys in the start of March.

Simply put, we'd be well finished before it started.

• Advertisement

Munster by more than 10
    Either way this game will bring the squad on. This is where you want to be plying your trade. Top end European rugby. We are back here again and will be all the better for the experience.

Exactly, we're in bonus territory now.I didn't think we'd back in H cup semi for a while, so hopefully we'll have our best team on show, v Clermont's best.

full team?

Lualala or Downey at 12?

Killer, Sherry, BJB, Ryan, POC*, POM, TOD, Coughlan;
    Murray, ROG, Zebo, Downey, Earls, Howlett, Jones

Bench: Varley, WDP, Archer, DOC*, Butler, Keatley, Laulala

*POC and DOC both doubts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

As a Leinster fan this is like watching your ugly sister play against that cousin you have strange feelings for. Whoever wins I'll be happy.

I'd still prefer the sibling to win though.

Simply put, we'd be well finished before it started.

Pretty much.

Today's game was a case in point, there's no way a second string Munster side would have gotten a draw today against a Toulon side full of quality. Munster cannot afford injuries, look at the difference POC has made since returning. The backline has looked headless without Zebo, Conor Murray... I could go on.

Teferi wrote: »
    As a Leinster fan this is like watching your ugly sister play against that cousin you have strange feelings for. Whoever wins I'll be happy.

jesus Rob, sit this one out!

If John Hayes doesn't win I'll be cross to be honest.

• Advertisement

If John Hayes doesn't win I'll be cross to be honest.

aaaah I can't decide....

Munster or John Hayes?

John Hayes or Munster?

Someone help!

Clermont by 1-10
    Killer, Sherry, BJB, Ryan, POC*, POM, TOD, Coughlan;
    Murray, ROG, Zebo, Downey, Earls, Howlett, Jones

Bench: Varley, WDP, Archer, DOC*, Butler, Keatley, Laulala

*POC and DOC both doubts.

I think Laulala has to play tbh; I'd drop Jones and stick either Zebo or Earls at FB before I'd drop Laulala.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Bit rich coming from a supporter with this guy in their team.

leo_cullen.jpg

:pac:

Otacon wrote: »

leo_cullen.jpg

All I see is a picture of sheer grace and natural beauty.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Clermont by 1-10

leo_cullen.jpg

they say if you stand infront of a mirror at exactly 3am and say Leo three times, he appears

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

I'm just hoping for a cracking game of rugby, and hopefully not a one-sided affair either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

leo_cullen.jpg

If they ever make a Leinster film I hope they get Boris Johnson to play Leo... with platforms on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Not sure there is too much wrong with DOC (having rewatched the bit of him going off). After getting some treatment for what looked like his knee, he played on for a few minutes more and was getting around the place, although he did look uncomfortable.

He walked off unaided. People maybe reading too much to him keeping his head down, but the fact that he sat on the sideline and no ice applied applied etc., maybe it was only precautionary?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Clermont by 1-10
    I certainly see signs that Munster are improving and the game could a lot tighter than people think. Anything could happen that could level the playing field somewhat-a sending off or sin-bin at a crucial time. But if Munster were to lose POC for this game I fear it would be catostrophic.

jm08 wrote: »
    Not sure there is too much wrong with DOC (having rewatched the bit of him going off). After getting some treatment for what looked like his knee, he played on for a few minutes more and was getting around the place, although he didn't look uncomfortable.

He walked off unaided. People maybe reading too much to him keeping his head down, but the fact that he sat on the sideline and no ice applied applied etc., maybe it was only precautionary?

I thought he was crying and there certainly was ice applied. I hope he'll be ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Seeing as POC should now be available for this, our chances have now jumped from annihilation to mere devastation.

Fantastic news for Munster tbh. He makes a massive difference.

Clermont by 1-10
    If the reports that POC is not to be cited turn out to be accurate, Munster will have been handed a massive and grossly unfair boost. I think I'm going to find myself cheering for Clermont.

Munster by more than 10
    Seeing as POC should now be available for this, our chances have now jumped from annihilation to mere devastation.

Many on boards were almost going hysterical over it. It was a clumsy challenge, nothing more.

Many on boards were almost going hysterical over it. It was a clumsy challenge, nothing more.

You ability to read only what you want to read is impressive.

Most people weren't arguing anything less than a clumsy challenge. This does not mean it wasn't reckless and showed a complete lack of his duty of care.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement