Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Science- Coursework B

Options
  • 14-04-2013 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Anybody got any hints and tips for the conclusion for the physics and chemistry investigation ? oh yeah and the data analysis for the physics investigation :D:D any help is appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 eille123

anyone know what the graph/bar chart is meant to be like for the chemisty investigation?? our teachers not in and nobody in the class knows what to do. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭derb12

Not sure if this is too late but ...

For the physics I would think that the calculations/data analysis part should be along the lines of
    Let's say you are measuring distance from light source as one of your factors:
    1. as the distance increases, what happens to the output of the solar cell (does it increase or decrease)
    2. if it is a steady increase/decrease can you say e.g. for every 5cm added distance, the output goes up/down by some amount on average

Also think about what relevance any of these investgations might have for choice of fuel, positioning of solar panels, choice of Vit-C beverage.

For the chemistry, you are comparing different substances so you should probably use a bar chart to show your data.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 johnzer6889

Thanks, We finished it a couple of weeks ago, done basically what you said, for the chemistry experiment I done the temperature rise per gram of fuel used. I taught it was the easiest/most effective way of displaying the results :)

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭derb12

Sounds good! Great to have the blasted thing done!

Advertisement