Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Call To Arms!

Options
  • 15-04-2013 3:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

My name is Ciarain, I graduated from film school about 8 months ago and have been trying to get my foot in the door anywhere I can to no avail. I'm tired of being overlooked on internship applications and jobs to those who know the right people, I have an itch, a need to work on a project, I'm sure I am not the only one in this situation. There is an untapped reservoir of incredible talent in this country going to waste. What I want to do is organize a networking event, to have a room full of like-minded people who are looking to make a film. I am sick and tired of waiting around for someone else to organize an event like this, so feck it, I will. What I want is feedback. Is this relevant to you? Is this something you would be interested in? Am I talking a load of ****e? Please leave a comment. I've never done anything like this before so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Lots of filmmaking groups on Facebook that would suit your needs.

Where are you based?

Here's a few sites/groups you could check out.

www.Filmmakersnetwork.ie

Dublin Filmmakers:
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/101276936666431/

Film Network Ireland:
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/163147920376586/

• Registered Users Posts: 36 anonjoe555

Didn't know about dub filmmakers cheers, I've already posted on filmmakersnetwork.ie and filmnetworki.com. These are great sites but they are no substitute for a face to face meeting with a group of filmmakers. Hopefully if enough people are interested some good contacts could be made and maybe a few productions could come out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

There tend to be fairly frequent 'networking parties'. They're usually fundraisers for projects but you can get some good contacts at them if you schmooze about.

Just beware of irate boom operators.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 166 ✭✭peterk675

Im 16 and have little no none experience in the production line of things but im sure i could be of help, if a meeting or something along those lines in organised. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Might be tricky at 16. The irish Indie film scene is fairly pub orientated.

• Advertisement
Advertisement