Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPad problem

• 15-04-2013 3:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭

Hi there I have an iPad3 and sometimes when I'm on sites such as boards.ie and I am scrolling down a page, the web page completely disappears and goes back to the home screen of the iPad with all the apps etc. I then have to select safari browser to go back into boards again after that.

What could be the problem?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Ok I'll be the first one to ask; did you try a reset/reboot (hold home+sleep button until iPad restarts itself)? No idea what causes it (could be flash, but unlikely on boards) but reboot solves many problems supposedly...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It's just a crash. It can happen, especially on bloated, poorly optimised websites. Try clearing Safari's cache, cookies, etc, and doing a hard reset as suggested above. But unless it's happening a lot, I wouldn't worry about it. Just avoid those websites.

I don't experience it with Boards, but it might be a problem with threads with a lot of images, etc.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I find Boards crashes on my iPad 3 from time to time as well.

Also, annoyingly, when I'm posting and tap and hold to bring up the magnifier, often the cursor doesn't appear at all so I have to hope I've aligned it in the right spot. Half the time then I type something and find the invisible cursor in in the wrong place. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭jsd1004

Dades wrote: »
    I find Boards crashes on my iPad 3 from time to time as well.

Also, annoyingly, when I'm posting and tap and hold to bring up the magnifier, often the cursor doesn't appear at all so I have to hope I've aligned it in the right spot. Half the time then I type something and find the invisible cursor in in the wrong place. :mad:

I have the new mini ipad and find its crap. A lot of crashing and the problem with the cursor and alignment, also no flash.. and numerous other niggles.have a nexus. 4 as well but I broke the screen and waiting on a new one otherwise the ipad would never be used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

I tried all the advice here and its working fine since so far. Fingers crossed :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement