Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming computer build. [€700-€830]

Options
  • 15-04-2013 4:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

1. What is your budget? [€700-€830 cannot go above this.]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming, hoping to emulate with pcsx2 and Dolphin and play modern games.]

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [No]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [No]

5. Do you need a monitor? [No]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [1680x1050 and 1440x900] [No]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [No]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Yes]

8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Credit Card/Laser]

9. When are you purchasing? [This week]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [Not needed.]

I came up with this earlier I'm not sure that I actually need an SSD, and I'm unsure about the PSU. I asked on another form and people had conflicting answers on whether the PSU was too much or too little.

I assume someone will just come up with a build that is completely different though.

The build: http://fuskbugg.se/file/LY7Uh8/latest.PNG
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Modified your build a little. My only concern with going for a 2500k is that it only supports Pcie2. Current top end cards are maxing the bandwidth of pcie2 so it may be a problem down the line by bottlenecking an updated graphics card. The 3570k supports pcie3.

I upgraded the graphics card and ram as well. Saved the money to do this with a different case, psu and a standard dvd drive.

Will you really be burning any cd's or dvd's?

Item|Price
    Intel Core i5-3570K Box, LGA1155|€209.08
    ASRock Z77 Pro3, Sockel 1155, ATX|€83.99
    8GB-Kit G.Skill RipJaws-X PC3-12800U CL9|€52.48
    Club 3D Radeon HD 7870 XT jokerCard, 2GB GDDR5, DVI, HDMI, 2x Mini DisplayPort|€209.88
    Seagate Barracuda 7200 1000GB, SATA 6Gb/s|€58.85
    Samsung SSD 840 120GB SATA 6Gb/s|€89.99
    Cooltek CT K5 3.0, ohne Netzteil|€38.71
    Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 450W|€46.35
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - Intel/AMD|€29.50
    Samsung SH-118AB schwarz|€12.89
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€850.71

• Registered Users Posts: 7 WoWplayer123

BloodBath wrote: »
    Modified your build a little. My only concern with going for a 2500k is that it only supports Pcie2. Current top end cards are maxing the bandwidth of pcie2 so it may be a problem down the line by bottlenecking an updated graphics card. The 3570k supports pcie3.

I upgraded the graphics card and ram as well. Saved the money to do this with a different case, psu and a standard dvd drive.

Will you really be burning any cd's or dvd's?

Not often but when I do need it it'd be handy to not have to use a different computer.

Do you think getting an SSD is really worth it? It'd get rid of the cost by quite a lot.

About the RAM, is that worth it? The other day someone told me the build I linked wouldn't even recognise the 1600mhz RAM.

Also, is the card really that better than the current one?

Is the PSU sufficient for everything?

Another thing, I'll be purchasing by 3v, so I assume I'll have to split my order in two.

How much will shipping cost, and will it end up costing more because of splitting the order into two?

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Another thing, I'll be purchasing by 3v, so I assume I'll have to split my order in two.

How much will shipping cost, and will it end up costing more because of splitting the order into two?

You'll have to pay shipping cost x2 and a paypal fee if that's how you pay through 3V, so yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Not often but when I do need it it'd be handy to not have to use a different computer.

Do you think getting an SSD is really worth it? It'd get rid of the cost by quite a lot.

About the RAM, is that worth it? The other day someone told me the build I linked wouldn't even recognise the 1600mhz RAM.

Also, is the card really that better than the current one?

Is the PSU sufficient for everything?

SSD's are worth it. It will make your windows experience much better. A 60gb one would do for windows and most of your programs though if you want to save some money.

The RAM is only €2 more so it's worth it imo for the heatsinks and faster speed. The default speed will be 1333mhz but you can just select 1600mhz in the BIOS. You could even overclock it higher if you wanted.

The 7870xt is a fair bit better than the 7850. It's 2 models of card up and it's only €20 more than the one you listed.

The psu is more than enough. That system overclocked will draw about 350w tops.

• Advertisement

Has anyone ever tried the cash-on-delivery from hardwareversand? http://www.hardwareversand.de/hv/img/versandkosten.jpg

can't really make out most of it, but it seems like it could save me money rather than having to use two 3v vouchers.

Advertisement