Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can you go to feed ducks?

Options
  • 15-04-2013 8:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭Bards

Baby4 wrote: »

I know this is West Waterford but next to the Playground in Dungarvan there is a park with water that has ducks, Entrance from the Mcdonalds r/a

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Used to be always loads and loads of swans around Scotch Quay area in Waterford (specifically the river behind the tower hotel).

Its not a park but anytime I used to go down that area you'd see between 15-20 of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭blankAs

the lake in tramore has loads of ducks, swans and the added bonus of monster seagulls to feed. the car park on the prom seems to be the best place to feed them and they will come very close to the people with food.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Granted it might be a bit out, but there used to be loads of ducks at the slipway in Polerone, down the side of the church in Mooncoin. I haven't been there in a good while, so can't say for certain they are still there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Mr Tibbs

Baby4 wrote: »

There is a lake behind Havenwood Nursing Home out in Ballygunner with loads of ducks in it. I'm sure the owners would not object to anybody feeding the ducks so long as they left the place as they found it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Killure Bridge Nursing Home on the Airport Road has about fifteen ducks and two greedy geese. The geese love bread but the ducks are picky little b@stards though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

There's a place out in Ballybeg. It was on TV3 the other night. I think it was called The Estate and your man that owned the ducks was called Vincent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

The best spot is Jack Meades Pub. You park in the carpark and just go down the steps to the river and theres loads of ducks there. They're used to being fed so they follow the kids up and down the riverbank staring at them. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

Kildalton agricultural college in piltown has a nice lake with ducks... nice place for a small walk too walk.

they go mad for porridge oats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

Trotter wrote: »
    The best spot is Jack Meades Pub. You park in the carpark and just go down the steps to the river and theres loads of ducks there. They're used to being fed so they follow the kids up and down the riverbank staring at them. :D

Yeah it's a good spot and after feeding the ducks you can walk round the railed field that usually has horses and goats, you might be lucky and see hens in one corner of that field. They're not always there though. It's been a while since I took children out to see the ducks and animals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

John f kennedy park is also great if you have kids

Advertisement