Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vivi Fail!

Options
  • 15-04-2013 8:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭

Had a terrible evening with my vivi nova. A bit of Murphy's law thrown in - started when I decided to clean it out, change the coil head and juice. I went to unscrew it from the Vamo as normal, I was on the laptop at the time so not really looking. *Splash* - black juice all over the keys! [mint choc chip] WTF? Look to the Vamo to find the vivi nova hadn't screwed off, just the tank section. Ok ... tried to unscrew the connection point ... no go! It's locked tight.

Not wanting any hassle at the time, just wanting to vape, I go to change the coil, even though the post is stuck there. I get the screw driver to loosen the coil and the bloody thing breaks! I wasn't even forcing it. It cracked down one side, so now I can no longer use anything to unscrew it. Tried using a cloth - nope, thing is stuck on there. Cannot find my pliers anywhere! Have to go get one today. Atm there's a half-arsed vivi nova post wedged on my Vamo - it can't be used, I'm back to my egos. And very annoyed!

I had been all praise for the vivi up to this point, I even have another on the way. After seeing it fall apart so easily, I'm regretting that orer.

Anyone else have similar problems with them? That they just fall apart after a couple of week's use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Stefan_Cork

usually there grand, can be wearing out a bit over time.
    I only had issues when i tighten em too much with cross-threading.
    In general these have given me the most painless, straight forward vaping experience so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

only had that happen to me once but in fairness it was probably my own fault for over tightening it onto the device/not gripping the base cap properly. i used to screw on the tank to the bottom cap as tight as it'd go the first time i used a new vivi nova, and then never unscrew the tank again. no need to really, and less chance of the threads becoming worn over time. don't use mine very often now but i've found em pretty robust. hope yer keyboard survived!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I managed to get it off using a nut-cracker in the end :D [though went and bought a proper set of pliers today for future cock ups]

No way the coil is coming out of the post, it's jammed in, and since the top of it cracked, nothing to grip onto.

I have a new one on the way, just using the evods on the Vamo for now. Better than the ego at least. I think once you go VV/VW it's hard go back. I do have a twist, but that doesn't even compare.

I'll be more careful with the next one.

What would you recommend that would be as good as the vivi for vaping, but tougher, more robust?

Keyboard was fine, thankfully :) My laptop has the type with no holes down between the keys so easy to wipe down. I always have a cloth near by.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

the vapeonly bcc or the kanger protank maybe? i haven't used either of them though as i'm happy enough with what i have. have a look at pbusardo's review of the protank, he seemed to want to marry it he thought it was that good. not being able to use your own drip tip is kinda off putting for some though.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rattleshakes

I've never had an issue with the Vivi Vova build wise,although I purchased the STV version.

As artyeva suggested,you could try the Kanger Protank,which has received some good reviews,or maybe the Innokin iClear 30 which has received some really good reviews-16 wicks in this bad boy.

As far as I can remember the Protank comes with a 2.5ohm (think you get 2) and the iClear,a dual coil 2.0ohm.

Can purchase both here http://www.vaperus.ie/

I'll be getting them soon:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Never had a problem with the standard vivi nova's, easy to rebuild, dependable.

3x mini vivi nova's though, all of them have broken on me, (tank part has come away from the base, or they never line up right/leak). They went in the bin.

Also, these things just look ridiculous...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Haha, 8ml, the battery would run out before that's emptied!

My new Vivi nova arrived today. I'll be a little cautious about it, as that last one fell to bits a little too easily.

Will have a look into the other suggestions also, cheers ;)

Advertisement