Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samantha Brick strikes again

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Looking at that picture of her, it made me laugh thinking back to that classic piece she did about how women hate her because she's so amazingly attractive. Personally I would consider her plain and average at best.
    Gotta hand it to her though if professional troll is her job description then she's pretty good at it.

But as regards IVF, every woman who goes down that road is made well aware of the risks, complications and also the chances of actually conceiving. My sister has twin boys now thanks to IVF, so for all the failures and disappointments there are success stories aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Stopped reading there.
    Looks like you need KittenBlock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭seenitall

HondaSami wrote: »
    The headline is to grab the audience and people fall for it every time, she is controversial, people will not actually read the article, what she is saying is what a lot of women feel at some time during IVF and when it fails.
    People are reading it the way they want to for their own agenda and a need to slag her off, gaining her more media attention in the process.

Agree with this.

At the end of the day, her pieces are a kind of emotional vomiting, just spewing out unfiltered feelings onto the (Daily Mail) pages, and that is what they should be regarded as.

She's lucky that she has, by accident or design, tapped into people's irritable spots and is making some money on the back of it.

I feel sorry for her, truly sorry - she is obviously an unhappy person, for all her boasting about French country life and her big fridge and her husband's "village sex god" status (yes, really!:D) - this is an obviously deeply deluded individual, and in my eyes there is no worse fate than irredeemable delusion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,452 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Funny how everyone derides the Daily Mail, yet their website is one of the most trafficked in its field. There are more people out there getting a guilty pleasure from salacious gossip and liberal bashing than would care to admit it.

Its hardly newsworthy that a Mail columnist has caused upset, why not just forget it and move on, the last thing they deserve is the publicity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Funny how everyone derides the Daily Mail, yet their website is one of the most trafficked in its field. There are more people out there getting a guilty pleasure from salacious gossip and liberal bashing than would care to admit it.

Its hardly newsworthy that a Mail columnist has caused upset, why not just forget it and move on, the last thing they deserve is the publicity.

The Daily Mail website is a riot of colour, photos and silly stories. It's no wonder that it's so popular. It's perfect chewing-gum internet.

The overall political/social slant of the Daily Mail and, in particular it's print version, is beside the point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

I'm not surprised her and her husband can't conceive naturally. I mean, I hardly blame the fella for not wanting to go within 10 foot of her.

Advertisement