Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cb antenna wanted

Options
  • 15-04-2013 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I am looking for a cheap option for an outside cb antenna and not a big thing either was thinking of sirio attic antenna or something not too conspicious, has anyone got one that might suit for a small budget,maybe a dv27 that i can mount to chimney pole,2nd hand would be fine or diapole option maybe possible based in limerick. can get loads on the net but postage brings up cost too much.
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

you can't mount a DV27 without a dirty great lump of steel as a groundplane....

like a car for instance.

a GP type silver rod can be had for £30 delivered

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bandit7388

have spotted a nice diapole for €28 delivered so might go with that,silver rod is a bit on the big side.
    have a plate that will take dv or magmount but think the diapole is the better option and can be moved around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

the plate needs to be at LEAST as big as a car roof.

don't believe the lies aboput folks working the US with a DV27 stuck on a biscuit tin!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Or 4 to 8 radial wires at least 1.5m long attached to outer of coax. Six wires from base of chimney mount clipped to gutters in an approximate star layout will allow a ground mount or car mount CB aerial to work and improve a "silver stick" etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bandit7388

just put my magmount on the steel water tank in attic,works great for local,will probably get a long wire antenna for outdoors.

• Advertisement
Advertisement