Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poor throat hit

Options
  • 15-04-2013 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this, have been using the wingnuts range from e-smokeireland only, some of their flavours, gummy bears, swedish fish & tropical breeze I find have poor throat hit, others are very good like pear drops, mint sweeties & banoffie, why would this be?

The nic strengths are the same, using a kanger T2, no improvement if I change to a new coil unit

Thx

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

some juices just have weaker throathit compared to others. it can change depending on the device you're using but in general some juices are just mild on the inhale

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Indeed, some juices just have a stronger taste than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭banger01

PG% has an effect on throat hit too i belive. The higher the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Darkginger

I've read that the addition of a few drops of vodka to a juice will improve throathit. Not tried it myself (I have better things to do with vodka!).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

The higher % VG liquids can be hard to get good TH from. I've found that with some berry/fruit flavours - even 24mg. Where higher PG liquids from 12mg+ give a nice TH in general. Also, menthols give the impression of better TH at any strength, it's really the mint giving that extra whack, but still can be good :)

My fav juice currently is mint choc chip ice cream from the alchemist cupboard. At 24mg it gives a very nice TH, tastes lovely and moreish, and I find it hard to beat. My 2nd choice these days is Cigarrillos natural, which also gives a good hit. Try various menthol and cigar types.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

banger01 wrote: »
    PG% has an effect on throat hit too i belive. The higher the better.
    I assumed all their %'s were the same for all flavours unless you requested a different mix
    Darkginger wrote: »
    I've read that the addition of a few drops of vodka to a juice will improve throathit. Not tried it myself (I have better things to do with vodka!).
    Interesting
    Try various menthol and cigar types.
    Not mad about those flavours

Wingnuts are 60/40 PG/VG afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

Just a quick aside, if I use vodka and get breathalised will I fail for all the alcohol vapour in my breath? Maybe a stupid question but just occured to me driving the other day vaping 'cognac tobacco'. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Just a quick aside, if I use vodka and get breathalised will I fail for all the alcohol vapour in my breath? Maybe a stupid question but just occured to me driving the other day vaping 'cognac tobacco'. Thanks!

I was wondering the same thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

No. Think about the miniscule amount of vodka that would be in a 3ml tank @ a high of 10%.
    0.3ml = 1/100th of a shot, or 6-7 drops. That's what you'd have inhaled if you could manage to vape 3ml of juice in one pull.
    One pull is closer to 1/10,000th of a shot (probably less if there are more than 100 drags per 3ml tank - never counted, don't know).
    Presuming a 40% vodka that's 0.12ml of alcohol in the whole tank. About 2.5 drops.
    The legal limit for a newly qualified driver (20mg) would allow an 11st male to drink 1 shot of vodka, wait 45-50 minutes and you'd pass the test. If you managed to down the whole tank of juice in one drag your body would have it metabolised in 30 seconds to a minute.
    You'd probably get the spinners from the nic-rush though, the Garda might think you're on yokes or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

Cheers! Thought maybe the vapour from my lungs might have a high alcohol quantity (but not blood stream obviously).

I've had the nic-rush look a few times. Like a mad yoke on Abbey Street!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

So when the cops are putting the handcuffs on me, I will be screaming...."but....but......grindle said......shots...drops per ml.....vodka..yokes....HELP!!!!!" :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

grindle wrote: »
    No. Think about the miniscule amount of vodka that would be in a 3ml tank @ a high of 10%.
    0.3ml = 1/100th of a shot, or 6-7 drops. That's what you'd have inhaled if you could manage to vape 3ml of juice in one pull.
    One pull is closer to 1/10,000th of a shot (probably less if there are more than 100 drags per 3ml tank - never counted, don't know).
    Presuming a 40% vodka that's 0.12ml of alcohol in the whole tank. About 2.5 drops.
    The legal limit for a newly qualified driver (20mg) would allow an 11st male to drink 1 shot of vodka, wait 45-50 minutes and you'd pass the test. If you managed to down the whole tank of juice in one drag your body would have it metabolised in 30 seconds to a minute.
    You'd probably get the spinners from the nic-rush though, the Garda might think you're on yokes or something.

Wait, could one shot of vodka put me over the drink drive limit? If that's the case I'm probably constantly driving drunk.

jamie72 wrote: »
    Wait, could one shot of vodka put me over the drink drive limit? If that's the case I'm probably constantly driving drunk.

You might not even be driving.

Unfortunate serious answer: you'll be over the limit for L-plates about 10 mins after you take the shot, and you'll go back below ~20-25mins after that. Presuming you're an 11st male.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Darkginger wrote: »

I tried this, found it didn't work, actually lessend the throathit I found

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Darkginger

I tried this, found it didn't work, actually lessend the throathit I found

Good to know, before I waste any vodka!

Works for me though, get back to wasting that vodka.

Advertisement