Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season 3: Episode 3 * Have READ the books/SPOILERS

• 15-04-2013 11:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭

A nice progressing of the story lines so far. Plenty of welcomed humour from Pod, Bronn and Tyrion, Pod the lucky bástard. They are also showing the tension between Selmy and Jorah excellently, Jorah feels Selmy is stepping on his Turf on Selmy doesnt rate Jorahs honour.

They didnt seem to establish any tension in the Night Watch between Mormount and the men yet and that should errupt soon. Also an unexplained move for Melisandre to head from Dragonstone is off course for the books.

Best of all were Jaime and Brienne scenes, a weird relationship that is completely new to Jaime who only care for one woman and Brienne who initially despised him. The look on his face when Lock took off his hand is priceless, a hugh pause of shock before a blood curdling scream! Brilliant!

Finally Gary Lightbody from Snow Patrol singing the Bear and the Maiden Fair, a great little version too. Plus a member of Lockes guards he could well be a member of the Band at the RW. Nice touch!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

The ****ing credits music, what the hell? Dramatic moment where Jaime gets his hand lopped off, then immediately cut into some up-beat rock music. I couldn't stop laughing.

Good episode though

I am still waiting for the reveal that Dany has been able to understand the slaver the whole time :P

(they better not leave that out! :o)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

I am still waiting for the reveal that Dany has been able to understand the slaver the whole time :P

They definetly won't you can see little flitches in her facial expression that she knows what that bald lad is saying.

The music at the end was messed up alright. I actuallythought some pop up had opened on my laptop.

Do Jorah/Selmy know she can speak Valyrian (it is Valyrian right?) ? I can't remember!

Really want to reread Storm of Swords now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

A good episode with a decent pace. Still no sign of Beric which is a shame. I'm assuming the brotherhood are on their way to meet him now.

Dany's scene with the slaver was great. The tension between Selmy and Jorah is building nicely. It's good to see Dany put them in their place. She should make the purchase in the next episode (going by the trailer).

It's reveal to the audience in this episode when she translates Valar Morghulis to Missandei but I'll become obvious to Kraznys when she yells 'dracarys' next week.

Jamie's reaction to the loss of his hand was fantastic but the music really ruined it. People were asking for the 'bear and the maiden fair' to be included last week. Well we finally get it from the Boltons which was great but then absolutely ruined it with a punk rock outro. It completely ruined the immersion.

Theon's story has been very rushed. I know they haven't said it but is the guy who let Theon go Ramsey? Taking him back now for more torture, complete the Reek story? If not then we're already at the end of ADWD for Theon.

• Advertisement

Shazbot wrote: »
    A good episode with a decent pace. Still no sign of Beric which is a shame. I'm assuming the brotherhood are on their way to meet him now.

Dany's scene with the slaver was great. The tension between Selmy and Jorah is building nicely. It's good to see Dany put them in their place. She should make the purchase in the next episode (going by the trailer).

It's reveal to the audience in this episode when she translates Valar Morghulis to Missandei but I'll become obvious to Kraznys when she yells 'dracarys' next week.

Jamie's reaction to the loss of his hand was fantastic but the music really ruined it. People were asking for the 'bear and the maiden fair' to be included last week. Well we finally get it from the Boltons which was great but then absolutely ruined it with a punk rock outro. It completely ruined the immersion.

Theon's story has been very rushed. I know they haven't said it but is the guy who let Theon go Ramsey? Taking him back now for more torture, complete the Reek story? If not then we're already at the end of ADWD for Theon.

Would have felt more obvious if she talked entirely in Valyrian to Missandei; I can't remember if she does this in the book or not but I think she does? Lots of people in the story know what 'valar morghulis' means iirc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Ya, understanding Valar Morghulis is like nowadays knowing what Carpe Diem is. That's just Valryian that's crept into the common language and is something a lot would know.

titan18 wrote: »
    Ya, understanding Valar Morghulis is like nowadays knowing what Carpe Diem is. That's just Valryian that's crept into the common language and is something a lot would know.

If I'm remembering the book correctly, when Dany says "all men must die" in response to Valar Morghulis, it's the reveal to Missandei that Dany understood everything Kraznys said.

It might not seem like a big reveal in the context of the show because it has been said to Arya. From Missandei and Kraznys point of view, they see 3 westerosi and would highly doubt they knew any Valyrian.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

A nice progressing of the story lines so far. Plenty of welcomed humour from Pod, Bronn and Tyrion, Pod the lucky bástard. They are also showing the tension between Selmy and Jorah excellently, Jorah feels Selmy is stepping on his Turf on Selmy doesnt rate Jorahs honour.

They didnt seem to establish any tension in the Night Watch between Mormount and the men yet and that should errupt soon. Also an unexplained move for Melisandre to head from Dragonstone is off course for the books.

Best of all were Jaime and Brienne scenes, a weird relationship that is completely new to Jaime who only care for one woman and Brienne who initially despised him. The look on his face when Lock took off his hand is priceless, a hugh pause of shock before a blood curdling scream! Brilliant!

Finally Gary Lightbody from Snow Patrol singing the Bear and the Maiden Fair, a great little version too. Plus a member of Lockes guards he could well be a member of the Band at the RW. Nice touch!

While there was no vocal dissension the way that guy creepily smiled up at one of Crasters girls , something he would have known not to do from before, suggests they have returned to his Keep somewhat more feral then before.

The highlights of the episode for me were the dressing down of Edmure by the blackfish and Rob (and in fact all the Riverrun scenes) , the small council game of non musical chairs , the prowess of Pod , the odd couple that is Jaime and Brienne , and the reveal as was pointed out that Daenarys understood what the slaver was saying the whole time. so yeh pretty much the entire episode.

Really enjoyed that, but like most of you I was a bit shocked by the music at the end. All in all a good episode though. The parts with Bronn and Tyrion steal the show for me, they are both hilarious. I wonder will they cut Bronn out like the books we shall see. That has to be Ramsey who else could it be? Like what they mention in the books he loves hunting people down so I think that's the reference. Odd that he killed his own men though? They can do what they want with the Theon scenes really as we don't find anything out about them in the books we just know he had a pretty ****ty time! I'm looking forward to when he has to act like Reek should be weird to watch on screen.

The scene with Barristan and Jorah speaking were good the tension is building nicely I wonder how or when they will reveal it on the show but will be interesting. I'm pretty sure what Dany said to Missandei is supposed to reveal to the people only watching the show she understood him perfectly. As people mentioned before the only mention of that phrase in the books is what Ayra.

Next week is set up for a cracker can't wait already :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Great episode!

A lot of highlights for me. Loved the comedy of Tyrion/Bronn/Podrick!

Jaime/Brienne - fantastic. Jaime really showing a better side of himself too and then <twhock> - what a great facial expression! I liked the Bear and the Maiden Fair music - I also like that Lockes people were singing it as they went along.

Bit confused where they are going with Theon? They seem to be changing that. Not clear yet that his saviour is Ramsay Snow.

I dont think the Dany reveal would have been picked up on by people who hadnt read the books - they have to make that clearer. My husband hasnt read them and didnt pick up on it. I am looking forward to the completion of that deal.

I liked the tension between Jorah and Selmy too.

Where is Melisandre going? Does anyone else think Stannis looks a lot different? Not just scruffier, like the actor has lost weight or something? He seems a lot weaker than he was.

Why did Arya ask the Hound if he remembered the last time he was at that inn?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

i would think its near where he rode down Mycah, her friend and sparing partner.

I think it's because the last time they were there Nymeria attacked Joffrey and the Hound killed Mycah. Later, when Sandor is charged with murder by Beric, the only one they have evidence for is Mycah.

I look forward to seeing Beric now.

i would think its near where he rode down Mycah, her friend and sparing partner.
    I think it's because the last time they were there Nymeria attacked Joffrey and the Hound killed Mycah. Later, when Sandor is charged with murder by Beric, the only one they have evidence for is Mycah.

I look forward to seeing Beric now.

Thanks guys, I'd forgotten where that was going.

Really appreciated the sheer size of The Hound seeing him among a group of ordinary sized men.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Great episode!
    Does anyone else think Stannis looks a lot different? Not just scruffier, like the actor has lost weight or something? He seems a lot weaker than he was.

When Davos first sees Stannis after Blackwater in the book it's stated that Stannis has lost weight and looks years older. So he should look like that.
    I think it's because the last time they were there Nymeria attacked Joffrey and the Hound killed Mycah..

Correct. Its the Inn at the Crossroards.

Best episode so far. Really enjoyed it. Loved the Blackfish.
    Still not happy that Sam hasn't slain the Other yet. Getting really worried that it's not going to happen. And why is Thormund going over the wall?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Medu

Wasn't that implied with she replied to her new servant after she had said that 'All men must die' in Valyrian?

If I'm remembering the book correctly, when Dany says "all men must die" in response to Valar Morghulis, it's the reveal to Missandei that Dany understood everything Kraznys said.

It might not seem like a big reveal in the context of the show because it has been said to Arya. From Missandei and Kraznys point of view, they see 3 westerosi and would highly doubt they knew any Valyrian.

Did the dying slave speak to her in the common tongue or Valaryan? I couldn't make it out but surely a normal slave in Astapor wouldn't know the commom tongue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Where is Melisandre going?
    Melisandre is obviously on her way to Westeros to seek out someone who carries kings blood.

One such person is Gendry, Robert Baratheon's son, who looks like he's taking over Edric Storm's role in the books.

Funnily enough, I watched seasons 1 & 2 before reading the books. One TV scene that always struck me as odd was when Cersei told Catylen Stark about her "beautiful black haired boy" :confused: He can't be? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

yeah she must be after an Edric Storm style character, but gendry is the only one they have left in the show & doesnt really do anything after meeting up with dondarion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Bit confused where they are going with Theon? They seem to be changing that. Not clear yet that his saviour is Ramsay Snow.

The last guy he killed called him a bastard.

Subtle but there for those of us who know where it's going and any of the more astute watchers to figure out. Also shows Ramsey up for the sociopath he is. Very nicely done imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Loved the episode, favourite so far this season. The best scenes were again Tyrion and Bronn (and Podrick, what a legend!) and Jaime and Brienne. Loved the way the the last scene was done.

Regarding Daenerys, I think there were a few strong hints that she could understand Valyrian; understanding the dying slave's words, her facial movements during the bargaining and then Valar Morghulis.

I think that was definitely Ramsay with Theon. I think they chose the guy he shot's last words very carefully.

I'll be a bit disappointed if Gendry and Edric Storm are merged. I've always assumed he's going to reappear at some point around the time that Arya and Nymeria are re-united.

TBH, I've always assumed she'll end up marrying him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Sleepy wrote: »
    The last guy he killed called him a bastard.

Subtle but there for those of us who know where it's going and any of the more astute watchers to figure out. Also shows Ramsey up for the sociopath he is. Very nicely done imo.

You had me at bastard

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Kzamll1992

very good episode! I echo the thoughts that it's the best episode of the season!!

Did anyone else find the last scene weird!?? well... the way that it goes from Jaime's Agony to the almost uplifting "Bear and the Maiden Fair"

Also what did you think of the guy from Snow Patrol's cameo! thought it was a nice touch myself!!

Love this show! <3

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Aside from Mel going walkabout I thought it was the best episode of the whole series so far. Consistently strong and generally hilarious throughout!

Podrick is one of my favourite smaller characters so this little write in was a brilliant touch. I have a feeling himself and Bronn will provide a lot of laughs this season.

The meeting with Tywin was brilliantly awkward too with Tyrion's no sh!t giving.

Of course Theon's saviour is Ramsay, I didn't even pick up on the "Bastard" remark but this reeks (excuse the pun :D ) of Ramsay's games we hear about. Another interesting plot.

Locke has a slight lisp, nothing like Vargo Hoat's would have been from the books but that scene was brilliant. Got quite a surprise with the music too before realising what song it was. Brilliant episode!

Does anyone else find Stannis's romantic/sexual attraction to Melisandre a bit out of character to how he's portrayed in the books? I couldn't tell if it was genuine physical attraction or desperation to make another shadow baby that was meant to be conveyed, but in the books he always was described as mostly asexual, only engaging in it out of necessity/duty (to make an heir/shadow baby). I just find how strongly he's coming on to her in the show to conflict with my perception of Stannis!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

That was fantastic.
    Brilliantly done... Everything moving along nicely...
    Favourite scenes had to be the small council meeting and Pod returning with the bag of gold. Actually all the scenes were great, and great moment to end on...
    Love The Bear and Maiden Fair - been waiting for that...
    Thought the guy who played Edmure was perfectly cast - exactly as I had imagined him from the books...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Reading the "Have NOT Read the Books" threads always make me laugh...

It takes all my power not to throw in a "You Know Nothing Jon Snow" as a reply...

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭KJY

Great Ep I must say, pretty loyal for the most part and all the deviations are very understandable, bar Stannis becoming slightly too affectionate for Mel. Can't really fault the rest of it. I thought the opening scene was fantastic, as well as the council, all of the Brotherhood, Hot Pie, Pod.....everything really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭thehairyone

Best episode of the series so far.

Agree with everyone else regarding the highlights.

Bit confused as to why Locke cut off jaimes hand.

Are we to take it that Roose Bolton hasnt switched sides yet or is it that Locke isnt in the know and just took it off for the craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Reading the "Have NOT Read the Books" threads always make me laugh...

It takes all my power not to throw in a "You Know Nothing Jon Snow" as a reply...

They've all seemed to pick up on Dany understanding the language (it's never explicitly stated that it's valyrian in the show is it?) and that she's going to incinerate the slaver, probably in the final scene of next week if I had to guess.

The bit with the chairs in the council room was just perfect. So much laughing from so little action.

I know I've read it loads of times but every time Hoat/Locke chops off Jamie's hand I go "Oh noooooo. You are in soooo much trouble. You have no idea!".

Imagine the thought process when it's revealed that the Boltons are switching sides. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu......

I mean ****it, even Robb would probably chop his hand off to make it even, if not more.

Excellent, although it went slightly flat in the middle, the episode finished with a rousing finale.

I'm guessing next week is so titled "And Now His Watch is Ended" because of Jeor Mormont's death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

I think the best part of this compared to the book is how they chose to not drag out the whole Hoster Tully dying thing. That was just painfully boring to read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

That was fantastic.
    Brilliantly done... Everything moving along nicely...
    Favourite scenes had to be the small council meeting and Pod returning with the bag of gold. Actually all the scenes were great, and great moment to end on...
    Love The Bear and Maiden Fair - been waiting for that...
    Thought the guy who played Edmure was perfectly cast - exactly as I had imagined him from the books...

He played Brutus in Rome, excellent actor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Favourite episode of the season so far, it's really starting to get going now and possibly two big events next week. Thought the Jaime getting his hand lopped off scene was really well done though what the feck was that credits song about? Totally inappropriate.

Really hope Sam kills the Other, his character will really be ruined otherwise.

Did Tormund cross the Wall in the books? I remember him parleying with Jon just beyond the Wall after he becomes Lord Commander. Not sure why they'd change it, maybe to reduce the amount of characters.

When "Ramsay" saved Theon did anyone else just think "Save me, Barry!" :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10 I Am Fuzzy Dunlop

Been lurking here a long time, since before i read the books. Signed up to post because something is really irritating me. I usually read both threads after each episode but, this season in particular, there seems to be a lot of people on the other thread jumping to oddly accurate conclusions based on the minimal-to-nonexistent evidence they have been presented with so far. Either the Gardai are badly missing out on a detective recruiting opportunity or people who have read the books are posting "theories" in there that they can 'told you so' about in a few weeks and feel really smart. One even used the name Vargo Hoat! Although it doesn't affect me, I feel bad for the honest non-readers who are having some of the surprises diminished on them. Dunno whats to be done about it, though.

On topic, good episode. Loved Bronn and Tyrion desperate to know how to 'get it for free'! Maybe they should have made the season a bit longer, it's really jumping around a lot now between characters and one is only getting going when you're off somewhere else again, very hectic and i'd probably be struggling to keep up if I didn't already know largely what happens. Apart from that, enjoying every second!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Been lurking here a long time, since before i read the books. Signed up to post because something is really irritating me. I usually read both threads after each episode but, this season in particular, there seems to be a lot of people on the other thread jumping to oddly accurate conclusions based on the minimal-to-nonexistent evidence they have been presented with so far. Either the Gardai are badly missing out on a detective recruiting opportunity or people who have read the books are posting "theories" in there that they can 'told you so' about in a few weeks and feel really smart. One even used the name Vargo Hoat! Although it doesn't affect me, I feel bad for the honest non-readers who are having some of the surprises diminished on them. Dunno whats to be done about it, though.

Posts 52&54 in the below thread last season were the best example, some eejit swearing he hadn't read the books and coming up with all these accurate theories, then makes a reference to Meera Reed.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056623859

Welcome btw.

Maybe they should have made the season a bit longer,

Technically they have. Each episode is 5 mins longer this season, which adds up to an extra episode on running time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

On topic, good episode. Loved Bronn and Tyrion desperate to know how to 'get it for free'! Maybe they should have made the season a bit longer, it's really jumping around a lot now between characters and one is only getting going when you're off somewhere else again, very hectic and i'd probably be struggling to keep up if I didn't already know largely what happens. Apart from that, enjoying every second!

With so much twists happening in this series/book I think those where its plainly obvious they have read the books should be forum banned for the enitre series after 1 spoiler.

As for last nights episode, was great...watching it with 2 people who havent read the books....and I was wondering how will they end the episode...Dany, The Crows/Others, Jamie. Haha there was a few "Holy f***" when it ended :)

Anyone wrote: »
    ...I was wondering how will they end the episode...Dany, The Crows/Others, Jamie. Haha there was a few "Holy f***" when it ended :)

Actually, given that I reckoned from the time we saw Jaime and Brienne talking while tied together on the horse that his unhanding would happen within the episode I found myself just wishing things along waiting for it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 I Am Fuzzy Dunlop

Anyone wrote: »
    With so much twists happening in this series/book I think those where its plainly obvious they have read the books should be forum banned for the enitre series after 1 spoiler.

Cheers @ calex71 for putting the old foot down in there, hopefully it will scare off the idiots. There's really no need for that kind of nonsense. Imagine if GRRM posted in this thread and said "lol nope, they all die in the end!"

• Advertisement

Anyone else wonder where the writers are going with Pod having his gold refunded? If it's not some game of Littlefingers it's a very cheap joke which makes no sense...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Anyone else wonder where the writers are going with Pod having his gold refunded? If it's not some game of Littlefingers it's a very cheap joke which makes no sense...

Seems to be agreement on Westeros.org that Tyrion payed them under the table and kept quiet about it to Podrick to make him feel even better.

On the point of people making 'predictions' in the other thread..some of them are clearly book readers acting the bollocks. There's no need to ban book readers posting in the non reader threads or anything as there are some general non spoiler questions that we can answer; for example after the first episode someone asked who had been holding Harrenhal and last week someone wanted to know how the BwB were formed. I've read the books and was able to answer both without spoiling anything.

There was a thread last year called 'Spoiler free answers from book readers' or such, might be an idea to bump it if crossovers between threads becomes an issue.

Possibly, but I'd like that spelled out...

Looking at the non-readers thread, the more astute viewers are really picking up on the subtleties (I'd trust pixelburp to be posting here if he'd read the books but so far he's spotting most things!). Nice to see that the foreshadowing is actually transferring from book to screen.

Blay wrote: »
    Seems to be agreement on Westeros.org that Tyrion payed them under the table and kept quiet about it to Podrick to make him feel even better.

^^
    This is what I thought too. Part of Tyrions way to make Pod feel extra manly - so good the hookers wouldnt take any money from him! Particularly after one of them had been claiming to Tyrion "oh he is so handsome, you didnt tell me he was so handsome!!".

Tyrion/Bronn/Pod are a great likable set of characters onscreen, each on has his own charm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Enjoyed last nights episode especially the beginning with Edmure trying to hit the boat with a flaming arrow.
    Things are starting to pick up nicely. Even though there wasn't a huge amount happening in the first 2 episodes, I still really enjoyed them. The hour always seems to fly by.

When exactly did the Boltons cross over to the Lannisters side in the book? Surely Tywin won't be too happy with the Boltons that they chopped Jamies hand off? Hand Chopper guy won't be sleeping easy after that.

I don't think it was ever clear at which point Roose entered negotiations with Tywin but the Red Wedding is the big reveal.

I agree with you all about the people trying to come across well in the other thread when they have clearly read the books. Some have dropped names that haven't even been mentioned on the show yet. That is so so sad... Why would you even bother but well done to the mods for addressing it again.

I thought the best part of those scenes with pod was when they asked him what did you do to them " lots of things " simple but brilliant. The show really do well with alot of the extra scenes that don't effect the core of the story and make for great entertainment.

I think they will do something to show Sam in a better light and I think it will be next week when it all kicks off at Crasters as per the episode title. I don't want the big bear to die:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Possibly, but I'd like that spelled out...

Looking at the non-readers thread, the more astute viewers are really picking up on the subtleties (I'd trust pixelburp to be posting here if he'd read the books but so far he's spotting most things!). Nice to see that the foreshadowing is actually transferring from book to screen.

It's somewhat depressing how everyone else, including only-show-watchers, picked up that Dany is just going to murder all the slavers in Astapor.

Gbear wrote: »
    It's somewhat depressing how everyone else, including only-show-watchers, picked up that Dany is just going to murder all the slavers in Astapor.

Yeah, when I read that scene I was really taken aback and thought it was awesome (Dany is my favourite character ;)) but while I assumed she'd have some sort of plan to get back Drogon I didn't immediately work out what it would be. Maybe as I was reading through it so fast I didn't give myself much time to think about what might happen, but with the show you've lots of time between episodes to work it out.

A little sad that people won't get the same surprise watching it as I did reading it. I'm sure it'll still look amazing though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

I don't think it was ever clear at which point Roose entered negotiations with Tywin but the Red Wedding is the big reveal.

Looking at the other thread, you're right, Pixelburp is really on the ball. He/she must be repeating a lot of episodes to pick up on the little details like they have. Especially linking the Boltons to the Lannisters. If I hadn't read the books, I'm sure that point about 'Winterfell in ruins when they arrived' would have floated over me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement