Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SAP - Parkmore - Recruitment process

Options
  • 15-04-2013 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone shed some light on how the SAP recruitment processes works?

I applied via the on-line portal and the application seems to be "In Progress" for the last month or so.

I reckon this is a polite way of saying "look elsewhere buddy" and I would have heard something if it was actually progressing.

But I am interested in finding out what it does mean.

Any one know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭skinny90

lion_bar wrote: »
    Hi,

Can anyone shed some light on how the SAP recruitment processes works?

I applied via the on-line portal and the application seems to be "In Progress" for the last month or so.

I reckon this is a polite way of saying "look elsewhere buddy" and I would have heard something if it was actually progressing.

Any one know?
    What SAP certificate(s) do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭lion_bar

None. The job hasn't specified the need for any.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

This doesn't seem to belong in the Galway City forum

I'll move it to a more suitable forum but I don't know what SAP is so fill me in (via PM), until then I'll be closing this thread

Edit: Thanks Mrs O B for the heads-up, thread reopened and my apologies to the OP for wrongly assuming this thread did not belong here

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Ludikrus

lion_bar wrote: »

Any one know?

I think SAP are the best ones to answer that. Call HR, tell them it has been a month and you would like to know the status of your application.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

They might have lots and lots of applications to read.
    There is nothing wrong with ringing them to ask when a response can be expected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭limerick85

lion_bar, did you get any update from SAP?I am in the same situation regards the 'In Progress' status of my application.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

From what ive heard it takes a few months for them to process, sometimes up to 5-6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

You won't hear anything back for a few months based on what i've heard from current employees. As stated above the lead time for processing can be up to 6 months, but it's no harm to follow up if you wish.

Advertisement