Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"I just wanna drink beer and train like an animal"

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Hahaha I wouldnt be spouting about team scorers if I were you. While you beat us in the team comp on sunday we were down two planned starters, and our first 4 all finished well ahead of your 4th man.

And they all broke 90. And all our team were sober :)

Ah would you stop with your sub 90. Two of our top lads were running in Reading on Sunday. Both had baddish runs (time wise) by their standards running 67.30 and 70.22.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Ahh I know. that was mean but he did bring up scorers! And tallaghts 4th man had a shocker :) . yeah heard about tunguska and im not happy hes injured of course. Its a squad game meno... One of ours couldnt make it and another was ill. One likely to be around where I am, the other faster.

What the hell happened to you anyway? Your pb is 1:24 right? Our 4th man wasnt even aware there was a team comp. He just rocked up and ran a sub 90 pb. Were thst kind of club - perform our best on the day :)

But we did. 5 men sub 76.20 (okay not all in the same race;)) on the day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

ecoli wrote: »
    But we did. 5 men sub 76.20 (okay not all in the same race;)) on the day

Thats pretty impressive. Tallaght ac runners neither train nor race together it seems :) next ye might as well start wearing different colour singlets....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

TRR wrote: »
    By the way before TBB gets dibs on your new additional.

Yeah, he'll have big plans for her to join Tallaght... then he'll find out about our Little Athletics programme and figure he might as well get her started early... and then he'll wonder why she never hugs him when he's in a Tallaght singlet... and then he'll bring home a set of transfer forms for her, and she'll pull out a set of forms that she has already filled in - for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Looks like she ain't a screamer…..Early days yet but baby seems to like her sleep :D

Missed 2 days running on Monday and Tuesday

Back on the horse Weds w/ 1 mile w/u 5miles progression 7:00 m/m for first one down to 5:40 last mile 31:00

Thurs- 6 miles recovery (not much sleep before this one recovery pace actually slower than usual)

Fri 7miles in 6:58 m/m pace- very comfortable.

Plan is to keep holding fitness until routine is established and then start hitting into long runs etc to build for the Limerick pacing gig and the Brooklyn HM in May.

Very bummed out I haven't had time for AIS and Myrtles ;)

• Advertisement

Sat: 7 miles easy

Sunday 2 miles w/u 4mile tempo (5:47, 5:43, 5:49, 5:42) 2 miles c/d

Lovely day for this. Perfect conditions up in the PP. Had the phone w/ me and stayed close enough to home in case any minor emergencies kicked off lol. Bumped into Raycun and rudely interrupted his run- despite their fairly obvious shortcomings the BP lads are a pretty sound crew.

Straight into the tempo on the acres - 2 things; legs feel very very fresh (probably as milage/ sessions have really tapered over the last little while) and the warmer weather really helps in terms of working the legs up to a pace quicker.

Another decent night on the sleep front.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Nice work these days DrQ. On all fronts!

Nice work these days DrQ. On all fronts!

Thanks AMK- I aim to please :D

Today: 90 min easy 7:20 pace 12.3 miles Couldn't let this beautiful day go by w/out a run and was bailed out of childcare obligations by last minute play group (great success) hustled upstairs to throw on the gear and used the 1.5 hr window I had well!

Hell of a day to be out running.

Tues- 35mins easy

Weds 8.5 miles including 8x 1min hill repeats.

Met up w/ Ecoli for this- did NOT wanna do this session before as a) I had very little sleep last night and b) stupidly had the lions share of a bottle of wine the night before- told Ecoli I'd be coin marathon pace (only half joking). I let hime take off the first one but let myself ease into the session and was running @ 5:10- 5:15 p/m pace for the rest of the reps. Happy enough - knee was a bit sore last night though (never happens but hill reps have hurt me in the past). All good this morning reckon I just needed a good nights rest!

Today 45 mins easy/ recovery All good on this no pain at all,

16:11 @ MSB 5k today. Delighted. Report to follow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭cianc

drquirky wrote: »

Wowzers. Downhill and tailwind? :)

Come in theboyblunder, come in. Bring on DCM14 :)

Come in theboyblunder, come in. Bring on DCM14 :)

Message received. Im not thinking about dcm until after connemara. Its safe to say Ive got my work cut out alright. There is now more than a minute between us over 5k. I wonder what odds meno or brianderunner would give me? :)

fantastic run drquirky. I think you made this newborn baby stuff up!

Message received. Im not thinking about dcm until after connemara. Its safe to say Ive got my work cut out alright. There is now more than a minute between us over 5k. I wonder what odds meno or brianderunner would give me? :)

fantastic run drquirky. I think you made this newborn baby stuff up!

He's following the mo Farah model. Have kids then feck off to Kenya for a couple of months to train and take drugs ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭ultrapercy

Well done Dr Q, great run today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Super racing today. Great time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Great time Q, well done.

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Big Congrats on a great result. Sub 16 to come.

Background: My wife and I had a baby 2 weeks ago so things have been a bit chaotic. That said, I've managed to string together 12 or 13 days of running w/ a couple decent sessions and an LSR. I've a long racing season behind me and have kept myself in pretty good racing shape for the better part of a year and a bit. I'm a big believer in Joe Rubio's "endless season" and loosely follow his principles in my training (staying in touch w/ all systems, constantly racing, 4 main elements etc) I'd plateaued a bit recently but this was expected as I know myself as a runner and it can take a while to breakthrough.

I'd run this race a couple years ago (after my first kid was born) and managed a 17:30 or so off pretty terrible training so knew it was fast. Decided to run it with my old 5k strategy of go out like a demon and hold on. Many of the 5ks I've run over the last while, I have done w/ a much more even split approach (as my fitness is good now so it allows it) I haven't really blasted out a crazy first 3000m in a while.

Felt good at the line talked to KC briefly and a club mate as well. Saw Catherina McK, Fionnula Britton, Orla Drumm, Michell McGee - really good female field. Figured I'd go out w/ CMcK and see what happened. Absolutely flew the first 400m hit 1k at a very quick 3:04 and 6:10 for 2k. KC came up on me at this point and we headed out into the drag section along the canal. Tried to tuck into the group here (good quality Raheny and Rathfarnam lads) and we hit the 3k in 9:45 (very slow 3rd k into the wind and up a small drag) or so (I think) started to feel it just past the two mile and got dropped. KC looked really strong pushing on and wish I could've stayed w/ him and that group.

Got two big shoutouts from the Stews during the race and both times they gave me a huge boost as I figured I could't wuss out in front of such a tough dude as Mr. Stew! Had the normal 5k raggedy finish which usually means for me I gave pretty much everything. Crossed the line in bits but saw 16:12 on the clock and was pretty damn happy.

Everything pretty much went perfectly in this race. I went out really hard and blew up but only to 5:20's miles so imo perfectly paced (for me) Love this course as it is really fast (reminds me of the na finna one which I think is a near perfect comparison. Ran into KC and Cleanman at the end savage runs by both. Felt bad but w/ the wife managing both kids over by the finish knew I had to get over to help.

Celebrated last night w/ well deserved beers and by drunkenly posting ridiculous threats on Stazza's log. Happy days. New masters PB and not too far off my actual one. Hard, consistent work does eventually pay off.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Great running!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Fantastic result, Mr Stew and I were delighted to see you running so well!
    Obviously baby Genzebe is aware that her dad needs his sleep and isn't keeping you up too much at night, congrats:D

Life has been more than a little hectic over the last week. Not the best week of training but managed a 16 mile run @ 7:17 p/m in the hills of Leitrim on the weekend and met Ecoli and TRR for a tempo today…plan was 6 miles at 5:50-6 MP and 2 faster…

5:52
    5:48
    5:53
    5:50
    5:40
    5:32

7 miles 40:xx

Happy w/ that emptied the tank on that 5:32 and let TRR nail the last mile on his own. Didn't have the wheels. Still a really good workout for me. Recovery tomorrow then 18 on Fri…

plan was 6 miles at 5:50-6 MP and 2 faster…

5:52
    5:53
    5:50
    5:40
    5:32

:O [gulp]

(great running btw)

:O [gulp]

(great running btw)

We were talking about it today, I've got a feeling you're gonna lay down a scary marker in Conn and I'm gonna be the one going "gulp"

We were talking about it today, I've got a feeling you're gonna lay down a scary marker in Conn and I'm gonna be the one going "gulp"

The phrase "talking about it" underplays the conversation. We were conspiring against you would be closer to the mark TBB.

No fear of that. It has an elevation profile that looks like oscar pitorious' polygraph test :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

What are your respective marathon targets lads?

yaboya1 wrote: »
    What are your respective marathon targets lads?

DQ: Finish 1 second ahead of TBB.
    TBB: Finish 1 second ahead of DQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

DQ: Finish 1 second ahead of TBB.
    TBB: Finish 1 second ahead of DQ.

:D
    And what about you TRR?

• Advertisement

yaboya1 wrote: »
    :D
    And what about you TRR?

at least 10 minutes ahead of both these losers ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement