Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"I just wanna drink beer and train like an animal"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

menoscemo wrote: »
    He did DCM last year in 2:50:49, I think that was his PB

He did? ****. New target!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

RayCun wrote: »
    He did? ****. New target!

Yes, check the results, also 2:52 in 2012. He had some epic battles with Blockic in a few HM's last year...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

I thought all I had to do to beat Karl Henry was finish a race ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭TRR_the_turd

menoscemo wrote: »
    Yes, check the results, also 2:52 in 2012. He had some epic battles with Blockic in a few HM's last year...

I didn't think it was possible, but I've lost even more respect for block!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Doc Q the 5th

Today:

18 miles 7:08 p/m well that's it -officially gonna start the taper now. Ran this with some turd- felt fine but very tired tonight. No kids as we're off to a wedding in Dubrovnik tomorrow- hopefully a time to recharge the batteries and get ready for Frankfurt...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Enjoy the time off Q, I hear you're flying but grumpy as fock :)

TbL

Enjoy the time off Q, I hear you're flying but grumpy as fock :)

TbL

Thanks Lemon- any good running routes in Dubrovnik you can recommend or does your crowd avoid the Balkans?? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Thanks Lemon- any good running routes in Dubrovnik you can recommend or does your crowd avoid the Balkans?? ;)

Actually never been there, we only extend as far as Czech.

How are you gonna get in though, don't Canadians need a visa!

TbL

Today 8 miles w slight hangover :(
    Am best man at a wedding in Dubrovnik this weekend but still w/ 2 weeks to go- the runs have to get done!

Headed out very early this morning after a few beers last night (eek) and hit the sun drenched hilly streets from the Old Town out to Lapad along the sea - stunning with a good few tough climbs.. Feel like a million bucks now

Any last minute "don'ts" for the speech? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

DON'T FIU ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Today 8 miles w slight hangover :(
    Am best man at a wedding in Dubrovnik this weekend but still w/ 2 weeks to go- the runs have to get done!

Headed out very early this morning after a few beers last night (eek) and hit the sun drenched hilly streets from the Old Town out to Lapad along the sea - stunning with a good few tough climbs.. Feel like a million bucks now

Don't do any of the following as my best man did ....

Call the glasses wearing father in law 4 eyes.
    Tell jokes and stories only the groom would get / know about.
    Try do something as stupid as ask the groom to stand up and do a twirl so you can say one good twirl deserves another and hand a twirl bar over.
    Reference a literal historical pissing contest and explain it in detail.
    End up getting heckled as you die on your arse.
    Get ironic cheers and a round of applause for sitting down.

Don't do any of the following as my best man did ....

Call the glasses wearing father in law 4 eyes.
    Tell jokes and stories only the groom would get / know about.
    Try do something as stupid as ask the groom to stand up and do a twirl so you can say one good twirl deserves another and hand a twirl bar over.
    Reference a literal historical pissing contest and explain it in detail.
    End up getting heckled as you die on your arse.
    Get ironic cheers and a round of applause for sitting down.

Are you still friends??

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Are you still friends??

Lol yeah - was even best man at his wedding :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Will it be the real life nice Dr Q that we meet at races or the ranty irritable scourge of the Tri/Weather forum that gives the speech :)

Best of luck with that - I'd say that's more nerve wrecking than any race!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

Dont wish the bride and groom well on their honeymoon in northern ireland, and when you are corrected because they are going to spain, dont reply 'oh, he told me he was going to Bangor for a week'

Wedding / taper report.

Probably not ideal prep w/ a big race two weeks away but drank like an animal last night. In the horrors this morning

Looking for supportive/ backslapping posts assuring me I haven't completely ****ed my race up w/ a fairly huge night 2 weeks out. ;)

Oh and my speech was piss poor imo- thanks for nothing tbb ;)

Wedding / taper report.

Probably not ideal prep w/ a big race two weeks away but drank like an animal last night. In the horrors this morning

Looking for supportive/ backslapping posts assuring me I haven't completely ****ed my race up w/ a fairly huge night 2 weeks out. ;)

I was at a wedding two weeks before Berlin and I didn't get out of bed the next day until the following evening. You're up already. I think you'll be fine.

yaboya1 wrote: »
    I was at a wedding two weeks before Berlin and I didn't get out of bed the next day until the following evening. You're up already. I think you'll be fine.

Listen to him. He's an expert at this stuff !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Wedding / taper report.

Brilliant!!

My club won the county final 2 or 3 weeks before dcm last year and and the session that followed caused me to tear my hammer at mile 23!

You're screwed man, no point in even turning up. Head to a beer tent instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

You call yourself a doctor, heh?! Throwing away all those months of training for a load of beer! You're a disgrace lad, I'm not sure I will be able to being myself to respect you again... Dukeraoul would never have done that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Forget it man, just bag the race get head down in training and in 5 years time you will be ready to race again :p

In all seriousness though I have already said this to you but as long as you don't go competely off the rails I think this is will probably help more than hinder overall

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Sounds like hangover guilt, to me. DrQ. Grab a couple of sneaky afternoon beers and everything will be right as rain. <until tomorrow>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Wudnt be too upset....Sure youse yanks only drink lite beer anyway...

You're such a light weight I think that's it's actually impossible for you to do any damage! I'd say what you drank last night, wouldn't even register as a social aperitif on the meno/gavlor scale of alcoholism!

Update - massage from incredibly hot Croatian goddess > massage from Ecoli.

Sorry to down your business Ecoli but honestly, no comparison ;)

Update - massage from incredibly hot Croatian goddess > massage from Ecoli.

Sorry to down your business Ecoli but honestly, no comparison ;)

But did she you give you the same happy ending ecoli always gives you?

Groovy.

#siac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Groovy.

#siac

I wonder do the mods know what this stands for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

I could be wrong but I believe #siac was an old old wooden ship used during the civil war era?

No really what's it mean?

• Advertisement

Groovy.

#siac

I wonder if I do? Lol?? I'm sure you'll inform them what your theory is on it! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement