Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Championship 2013 Draw & Gossip

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

eurosport commentary is diabolical but its better than nothing

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

BOOOOO BBC, BOOOOOO!!

How can they leave this match....

...unbelievable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

no bbc, i do not want to watch flog it, ulster rugby or eastenders!!! hate eurosport!

Easy slag off Eurosport. Although the commentary is not great they are dedicating two weeks of their schedule on both stations. They also show every tournament all year. Instead BBC are showing re runs of flog it and homes under the hammer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

What was the "obscene gesture" Ronnie was warned for?!

Whoa, what happened there, Michaela warning Ronnie regarding some "gestures".

How odd.

• Advertisement

_feedback_ wrote: »
    What was the "obscene gesture" Ronnie was warned for?!

As Willie Thorne would say, "answers on a postcard".

Can see Ronnie throwing a strop and throwing away the last two frames.

Silly season is an expression coming to mind here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Ronnie is gonna throw one here starting to lose it.

celticfc wrote: »
    Whoa, what happened there, Michaela warning Ronnie regarding some "gestures".

and then the Eurosport commentator makes a remark that I might get banned for if I repeat it LOL lets just say it was to do with the force he hit the ball. :eek::rolleyes::D

• Advertisement

ronnie also said he wanted to go home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Twitter saying he was making a wànking gesture with his cue after a bad shot..

He has lost the head temporarily here. Asked Judd for a re-rack because it's a scrappy frame!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

I could see Ronnie throwing this away. He's playing crap.

G'wan Judd, 10-13.

If he can take the last one tonight, he will be over the moon going into tomorrow afternoon.

_feedback_ wrote: »
    Twitter saying he was making a wànking gesture with his cue after a bad shot..

He has lost the had temporarily here. Asked Judd for a re-rack because it's a scrappy frame!

In fairness with a sticky cue it's natural way to rub the cue in a **** action.

thats the 2nd frame Ronnie conceded when he could have come back to the table.
    ?????

SarahBM wrote: »
    ronnie also said he wanted to go home.

Missed that, The unpredictability of Ronald Antonio O'Sullivan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Ilik Urgee

Why does he keep hitting it so hard?:mad:

Neither of them playing well. I'd expect Ronnie to fall over the line from 4 frames up though. Unless he has a mental melt down, which is always possible.

Well 11-13 it wasn't to be, 10-14 it is.

Ronnie didn't look like he could make a break like that just a few minutes ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

10 6 today, will take that :)

Judd does not have much room for mistakes now although our own Ken came from 15 9 down at same stage to beat the late Paul Hunter so its far from over yet

Neither of them playing well. I'd expect Ronnie to fall over the line from 4 frames up though. Unless he has a mental melt down, which is always possible.

If Ronnie was going to have a mental melt down it would have been in that last frame. I couldn't believe how well he took the chance. I don't think i have ever seen him so determined. People can believe all they want about him coming back for money. He came back for one reason and that's to retain his title.

Does anybody think Trump hits the ball very hard maybe it's just the pressure.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    If Ronnie was going to have a mental melt down it would have been in that last frame.

Fair point. I really didn't fancy him to nick the last frame after what had gone before.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Does anybody think Trump hits the ball very hard maybe it's just the pressure.

He does seem to give the balls a right wallop, but it is really most noticeable when he misses.

Something I've always found is when you're really under it you tend to give each shot that bit extra welly unintentionally.

SarahBM wrote: »
    thats the 2nd frame Ronnie conceded when he could have come back to the table.
    ?????

Ronnie has never really been a player to play for two ore more snookers though, unless the balls are really inviting.

I will be really interested to hear Ronnie's interview about the incident. Did he do it while Trump was taking a shot if than i can understand the warning. But the only way you can rub down your cue is in a **** movement and in those conditions your cue can get sticky. Michaela is experienced enough but Ronnie did look a bit confused about what he done.

Ronnie is 2 behind Hendry on Crucible centuries he should break that if he gets to the final. I think this match has been nervy because with no disrespect i think both players feel if they win this game they will win the final. Especially for Trump a chance to win his first world championship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

love him or hate him snooker is pretty boring without ronnie, he's awesome to watch, ignore his off table antics, .

players usually fade in late 30's but i actually think he's at his peak mentally just now,and his game has not faltered, i believe he could win every tournament if he set his mind to it..

he could easily win another couple worlds given the opposition at present , as previous poster said, maybe judd's time is a couple of years away.. even though i certainly wont rule him out of this tie .

snooker will be long without ronnie.. enjoy while we can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Tommay

barone wrote: »
    love him or hate him snooker is pretty boring without ronnie, he's awesome to watch, ignore his off table antics, .

Never so true than when watching a match like Walden Vs Hawkins.

Still though it's hard to get excited for a player who claims he has no excitement for the game, whether it be true or not.

Advertisement