Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Championship 2013 Draw & Gossip

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

5-2 to Jack, I like this guy!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

He seems to be a great character on the table too! Looks to really enjoying himself. Chuckled a bit when he was clapping for himself after he snookered Maguire earlier in that frame.

Jack 5-3 up overnight (Pulled a frame early), Good Job from him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

I see the same gent with a suit and white hair is at every match again this year. He must spend a fair few quid that seat every year at the crucible. Top support there fella

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

I dont have sports channel in the Dublin gaff, and I wont be down in Cork so thanks to poor BBC coverage Im relying on the tinternets for updates. (I could watch eurosport online, but I have to watch my broadband limit *shakes fist at internet provider*)
    Kind of glad Im not able to watch the Dott v Ebdon match, sounds painful.

I think Ronnie will win it out. (well I really really really hope he does!)

Shocker Higgins going out this early though, I think.

Want to see what Trump and Robertson can do.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Mark King is playing like a champion right now. 8-8

King 9-8 up on Allen now. Allen should have won the frame but King just cleared up. I think this is the best I've ever seen Mark King play.

Enjoyable match alright, Mark is so gritty (King that is). Woeful missed red from Mark Allen in the last frame though.

Ebbo and Dott finally getting to finish their game on the other side now, I'll put the Kettle on after the King vs Allen Match. :P

Great play by Mark King. Fair play to him. Amazing pink and black to finish things off!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

zack01 wrote: »
    Really can't take to Allen, hoping King provides a big shock in this match and beats him.

Absolutely delighted for Mark King, nice fella from a nice family, his dad Bill one of the great snooker characters. I'm happy he showed what he's capable of on the big stage. Good luck to him!!

As for Allen two first round defeats in successive years not the form of a player so many fancied going into these championships.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Fantastic win by King.....played very well and delighted for the man....one of Snookers genuine nice blokes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭liogairmhordain

can't understand why eurosport have ended their live coverage for the night with dott-ebdon still going... they are showing a repeat of higgins-davis from earlier today instead of staying live at the crucible

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Absolutely delighted for Mark King, nice fella from a nice family, his dad Bill one of the great snooker characters. I'm happy he showed what he's capable of on the big stage. Good luck to him!!

As for Allen two first round defeats in successive years not the form of a player so many fancied going into these championships.
    can't understand why eurosport have ended their live coverage for the night with dott-ebdon still going... they are showing a repeat of higgins-davis from earlier today instead of staying live at the crucible

ShOcking that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Stephen Maguire has the worst temperament i've ever seen. He's such a bad loser too. Scowly fecker when he isn't playing well or winning!! As a player and break-builder love watching him but he'll never win the Worlds if he doesn't grow up a bit!!

Some shocks so far!! Delighted for "journeymen" such as Mark King and Mark Davis. Pros a long time and never really done anything of note, so i hope they enjoy these big wins on primetime BBC coverage.

Speaking of shocks i can see a few more happening. Sam Baird is playing terrific stuff and, unlike Jack Lisowski, isn't coming to the Crucible having his chances talked up. He may well provide a shock in beating Bingham, who has had a great season but his form has dipped in 2013.

Ben Woolaston seems comfortable out there against Ali Carter so that wouldn't be overly surprising. Dechawat will beat Maguire, if and only if Maguire doesn't change his tune.

Also keep a close eye on Dale v Trump. Dale had him in all sorts of trouble best-of-9 at the Welsh Open 4-1 up. It's clear Trump doesn't rate him and if he doesn't give him respect he may end up with a match on his hands.

Standard wise not been vintage so far but that's more a reflection on how much it means to the players, they are scrapping over every frame. I feel the tournament will heat up in Round 2 with players going for their shots more over best-of-25.

By the way, if anybody saw Maguire v Dechawat Poomjaeng, Dechawat was a pleasure to watch. Smile on his face, very animated like Tony Drago and great to see someone enjoy and embrace their debut.

Another day :)
    10:00
    Matthew Stevens (Wal) v Marco Fu (HK)

Ding Junhui (Chn) v Alan McManus (Sco)

14:30
    Judd Trump (Eng) v Dominic Dale (Wal)

Stephen Maguire (Sco) 3-5 Dechawat Poomjaeng (Tha)
    0-79 (72), 2-102 (59), 99-32 (69), 45-86 (60), 12-81 (50), (Maguire 63, Poomjaeng 56), 40-57, 71-10

19:00
    Ali Carter (Eng) 5-4 Ben Woollaston (Eng)
    81-38, 54-85, 9-71, 30-91 (91), 84-0 (84), 64-50, 5-72 (72), 96-0 (96), 70-31 (52)

Mark Selby (Eng) v Matthew Selt (Eng)

very annoying that BBC arent showing the evening sessions, well for those of use who dont have the red button feature I mean. they are showing the hairy bikers for crying out loud!

I was enjoying the Carter v Woollaston match last night. I really hope Carter gets through.
    :)
    Have a day off today so Im here with my feet up having the breakfast watching Ding v McManus :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

McManus has started well, 2-1 up :-)

SarahBM wrote: »
    Have a day off today so Im here with my feet up having the breakfast watching Ding v McManus :)

You're making me hungry :)

celticfc wrote: »
    You're making me hungry :)

Ive the kettle on, toast????:P

Mc Manus was doing well there til he kinda forgot to put the black on. I think Ding will clear the table to make it 2-2.

I am assuming I can comment on live scores? I dont want to be be banned for "spoilers" like :D

edit: why is Ding wearing a black armband? is it for the people who died in the Chinese earthquake?

• Advertisement

Ive the kettle on, toast????:P

I've got eyes for a nice fry-up methinks. :P
    I am assuming I can comment on live scores? I dont want to be be banned for "spoilers" like :D

Nah, if you come into a thread like this you should expect to see discussion on scorelines, can be a different story with scores in thread titles though.
    why is Ding wearing a black armband? is it for the people who died in the Chinese earthquake?

Yep, both He and Marco Fu came out this morning with no music introduction as well.

I've got eyes for a nice fry-up methinks. :P

Nah, if you come into a thread like this you should expect to see discussion on scorelines, can be a different story with scores in thread titles though.

Yep, both He and Marco Fu came out this morning with no music introduction as well.

Im afraid no fry up! LOL

Nice gesture from Ding and Fu.
    its 2-2 at the mo, but both Ding and McManus playing well.

Stevens on the comeback trail, that 7th frame he nearly lost was massive.

You just can't help but like this guy Dechawat Poomjaeng, hope he does the business.

On the other table something tells me Dale may just provide the biggest upset of the championships so far.

You just can't help but like this guy Dechawat Poomjaeng, hope he does the business.

On the other table something tells me Dale may just provide the biggest upset of the championships so far.

Sometimes a player like Dale really lets himself down, he was level with Trump at 2-2 but for some reason just hasn't produced anything since the interval,his safety has been poor and has handed Trump chance after chance, as bad as Trump was playing it wasn't going to take long before Trump got going.
    6-2 now to Trump which includes a 142 the highest break of the tournament so far. Dale seriously needs to win this last frame to stay into the match.

7-7 with Maguire v 'Jack' on the other table

C'mon Jack, 8-8

C'mon Jack, 8-8

All aboard the Poom express!! Goooooooo Dechawat!!

Jack goes 9-8 up, Maguire gets very petulent and frustrated and the game gets pulled with an hour to go until the next session, how annoying.

All he needed was one more and the usual rule is that they cant start a frame 40 before the next session. Seems very unfair to me.

Maguire will come in very attacking I'd say. I'd really like to see Poomjaeng nick it. I'd love to see his reaction.

• Advertisement

Jack goes 9-8 up, Maguire gets very petulent and frustrated and the game gets pulled with an hour to go until the next session, how annoying.

All he needed was one more and the usual rule is that they cant start a frame 40 before the next session. Seems very unfair to me.

I know this is not the conspiracy theory forum....but....

They were pulled off at 608pm. The rule book says 40 minutes. Technically they should have played 1 more frame. Call me cynical but the tournament director obviously knows people are loving this match and pulling it off means they will get more viewers tuning back in later.

Not fair on Dechewat really as he had Maguire well on the ropes. It will be a tragedy if Maguire comes back refreshed and makes 2 big breaks.

Advertisement