Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Championship 2013 Draw & Gossip

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Well done Bingham, won the last three frames to make it 12-4 and bring it into this evening's session.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Delighted for Hawkins.. he has been looking great during the tournament.

Also won €70 as a result, but happy for him too :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

If Ronnie makes the final it could be the most one sided World Final ever. Can't see Hawkins or Walden/White giving him a close game which is disappointing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I've barely got to watch any of the World Championship this year....very disappointing. Have told people i'm unavailable this weekend though, so at least I will get the last couple of days of it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Great stuff here between Murphy and Trump.

Trump threw that last frame away, lost his nerve badly on that easy pink.

This could be the easiest Word Championship Ronnie will ever have, I can't see Murphy or Trump beating him in the Semi finals and who ever he meets in the final I think he'll blow them away completely.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

Great stuff here between Murphy and Trump.

Trump threw that last frame away, lost his nerve badly on that easy pink.

This could be the easiest Word Championship Ronnie will ever have, I can't see Murphy or Trump beating him in the Semi finals and who ever he meets in the final I think he'll blow them away completely.

Same was said when Davis played Taylor in '85 and I lost a right few bob when underdog Dott beat Ronnie in the semis in '06

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

zack01 wrote: »
    Same was said when Davis played Taylor in '85 and I lost a right few bob when underdog Dott beat Ronnie in the semis in '06

Upsets are always possible alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

12 all in the Trump - Murphy game at the moment. This frame is a very cagey affair as you'd expect, a lot of safety play.
    Impossible to call who will win it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Turning into a classic alright. Hard to call it, I'd say Trump will take more risks, could leave an opening or two for Murphy if he misses any.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

12 all in the Trump - Murphy game at the moment. This frame is a very cagey affair as you'd expect, a lot of safety play.
    Impossible to call who will win it.

I'm even nervous just watching it. Probably cos I have a bet on Trump to win it out, but you can just feel the tension coming across on tv. Still hard to call

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

excellent entertainment this

That was great stuff, plus got the result I needed as an added bonus!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Best snooker I have seen in a long time, it had everything, safety, long potting, some water drinking, very very good match.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

the 6/1 I took on Trump last week still alive and kicking,nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Nice one Trump. Bit of a classic alright. Murphy will be thinking how did he let that one get away from him when he was 6-2 up after the 1st session.

seanhynes wrote: »
    the 6/1 I took on Trump last week still alive and kicking,nice

Same here, that's what I got him at...keeping me interested anyway

Stevecw wrote: »
    Same here, that's what I got him at...keeping me interested anyway

Great price boys, I honestly thought Murphy would beat him around the 13-11 mark but fair play to Trump he dug in well, the semi should be an absolute classic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,009 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

White really has crumbled under the pressure. Pity would love him to get through but looking very unlikely now.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    White really has crumbled under the pressure. Pity would love him to get through but looking very unlikely now.

Yesterday I picked O'Sullivan, Murphy, Walden & Hawkins to come through, 3 out of 4 ain't bad I suppose, i can't see beyond an O'Sullivan v Hawkins final, but if it was a Trump v Walden final that wouldn't be much of a shock either.

Really looking forward to the next few days and travelling back over on Sun to Sheffield.

• Advertisement

Oh and what a surprise Ronnie talking about retiring again, perhaps he's trying to playing mind games with Trump before their match ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Fancied Murphy myself to get through, failing to get the kiss on the last red to bring it into play was probably his chance to win it gone. Trumps safety play in that final frame was breath taking at times, I can't call a winner in that semi final.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Oh and what a surprise Ronnie talking about retiring again, perhaps he's trying to playing mind games with Trump before their match ??
    ronnie is snookers Brett Favre. For those who dont follow NFL, he "retired" about 8 million times and made comebacks. He'll be back.
    K-9 wrote: »
    Fancied Murphy myself to get through, failing to get the kiss on the last red to bring it into play was probably his chance to win it gone. Trumps safety play in that final frame was breath taking at times, I can't call a winner in that semi final.

In my opinion, Ronnie will destroy Judd. Judd is deluded i'm afraid with his comments tonight saying his best is as good as Ronnies best. It's not.

Ronnie is obviously stuck for a few bob after the messy proceedings with the ex and the custody battles etc hence the new book coming out in the autumn and him promoting the new brand of vodka.

He'll be wanting to publicise that book to the hilt and best way to do that is pocket the quarter million in a Rocky-style comeback, add a few chapters to the book, pocket a million from that and he'll come back to snooker when he's broke again.

Can't see Judd getting within 4 frames of him by the end of it. 17-10 or 17-11 would be my guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Judd was trying a bit of it himself earlier in the post-match saying Ronnie was the clear favorite and there was no pressure on himself.I think it's a lot harder to judge their Semi than the Hawkins-Walden match.That'll likely go to the wire I think.Walden has a slightly better H-2-H and has beaten him in the bigger matches but a lot of them were year's ago,And Hawkin's look's in the form of his life right now.Wouldn't be surprised to see a 17-15 or 17-14 scoreline there for either player.
    As for Trump and Ronnie,I think whoever get's the better start and can maybe gain a few frame's of a lead over the first or second interval might run away with it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 ✭✭✭fangee

Flat out trying to sell his book. An absolute complete W*nker. He is everything that is wrong with Humans. A crying little spoilt self absorbed B*stard.

fangee wrote: »
    Flat out trying to sell his book. An absolute complete W*nker. He is everything that is wrong with Humans. A crying little spoilt self absorbed B*stard.

That's a bit strong isn't it ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

While I wouldn't go that far, I am sick to the teeth of hearing him talking of retirement all the time. If he has personal reasons for playing in a tournament e.g. to pay for his kid's schooling, he should keep them to himself tbh. It's a bit disrespectful to the other players to have the attitude of "I'm only here because I have to be" etc..

That's a bit strong isn't it ?

I don't think so. Just calling it like I see it.

In reality O'Sullivan only came back for the sponsorship, I posted this in an other thread when he announced he would play at Sheffield........

"I cant help feel his appearance is nothing but a glorified promotional gimmick, from what i've heard he's on a six figure sponsorship sum from the vodka company who's logo he will wear for the tournament. So win or lose The Rocket will come out smiling"

He appearance at Sheffield has proved exactly that, one thing I do find strange though is that O'Sullivan is a wealthy man from a wealthy family, playing for the school fees line is a bit dramatic. It's obvious he doesn't like playing anymore but when the money was waved at him how could he or anyone turn that down.

In reality O'Sullivan only came back for the sponsorship, I posted this in an other thread when he announced he would play at Sheffield........

"I cant help feel his appearance is nothing but a glorified promotional gimmick, from what i've heard he's on a six figure sponsorship sum from the vodka company who's logo he will wear for the tournament. So win or lose The Rocket will come out smiling"

He appearance at Sheffield has proved exactly that, one thing I do find strange though is that O'Sullivan is a wealthy man from a wealthy family, playing for the school fees line is a bit dramatic. It's obvious he doesn't like playing anymore but when the money was waved at him how could he or anyone turn that down.

Nail on head. Like I said.....melodramatic W*nker. I'd prefer to see dog **** on my shoe than see him walking down the street. He is the El Hadj Diouf of snooker for me. Complete scumbag.

Nail on head. Like I said.....melodramatic W*nker. I'd prefer to see dog **** on my shoe than see him walking down the street. He is the El Hadj Diouf of snooker for me. Complete scumbag.

That's where I disagree, coming back to play just for the money doesn't make him or anyone else a scumbag, especially if they provide the snooker that Ronnie has produced this week.

He's a complex character as are all genius's but labelling him a w***er and scumbag in my view isn't on.

Would you rather watch Bingham, Carter or Campbell all of whom Ronnie beat in the semi final against Trump instead?

• Advertisement

That's where I disagree, coming back to play just for the money doesn't make him or anyone else a scumbag, especially if they provide the snooker that Ronnie has produced this week.

He's a complex character as are all genius's but labelling him a w***er and scumbag in my view isn't on.

Would you rather watch Bingham, Carter or Campbell all of whom Ronnie beat in the semi final against Trump instead?

It's not coming back to play for money that makes him a scumbag. Everybody is entitled to make a few quid.

Did you not see the post match interview with him in China when he was naive enough to think "they don't understand me so nobody will" ?

Complete scumbag. In his nature. You don't get taught that s*it. It came natural to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

When is Ronnie/Trump starting ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

PauloMN wrote: »
    While I wouldn't go that far, I am sick to the teeth of hearing him talking of retirement all the time. If he has personal reasons for playing in a tournament e.g. to pay for his kid's schooling, he should keep them to himself tbh. It's a bit disrespectful to the other players to have the attitude of "I'm only here because I have to be" etc..

I wouldnt be too critical of him......

Maybe for hardcore snooker fans he is a pain in the ass.

For me, I am not a snooker fan, would maybe have a look at the world championships but nothing byond that.

Ronnie O'Sullivan is the only reason I would tune in to this sport.

I dont know who the rest of the guys are anymore.....

Dont bite the hand that feeds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Ronnie is a player I want to like so badly, but he just makes it so hard to do. He's without a doubt the most gifted player I've ever seen, & I'd say when he's on form & up for the win he's nigh on unbeatable.

The way he gives out about being called a genius annoys me. He feels that being called a genius lessens the amount of work he puts in to the game/practice. I don't think so, I think he has a gift, & its nothing to shy away from. There will come a day when Ronnie will fade, as all the greats do, & he will miss playing at the levels he used to but just won't be able to. I say enjoy it while it lasts Ronnie, don't waste these years by pissing & moaning about people.

This thing about needing the money to pay for school fees, I'm not buying into that. A few days ago it was "I just missed having something to do when I was retired". Next week it'll be something else. Personally, I think he just throws these bones to the press for his own amusement or something. I've no prob with him coming back for the money, fair play etc.

He is a joy to watch when on form, a real treat. I had the pleasure of seeing him knocking in a 140 a few feet away from me one time, just mesmerising stuff. If he doesn't like playing thats fine, if he needs the money thats fine, if he missed playing thats fine too. Just wish he'd make up his mind & get on with the job...and stop caring what other people think!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,932 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

@fangee - do not post in this thread again until and unless the local mods give you specific permission to

I shall leave it up to them to decide on what action to take on your earlier posts today when they are back online - but just to make it clear to everyone, player abuse is unacceptable

Thanks

Beasty

Beasty wrote: »
    @fangee - do not post in this thread again until and unless the local mods give you specific permission to

I shall leave it up to them to decide on what action to take on your earlier posts today when they are back online - but just to make it clear to everyone, player abuse is unacceptable

Thanks

Beasty

Are you Stazi ?

Player abuse ?

The guy is a misogynist.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7dVkUESj3c

Who are you to tell me what to say or how to think ?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,932 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Are you Stazi ?

Player abuse ?

The guy is a misogynist.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7dVkUESj3c

Who are you to tell me what to say or how to think ?
    Banned for 2 weeks for ignoring my instruction and challenging Mod warning in thread. This is in addition to any other sanctions the local mods may wish to hand out for the earlier posts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Had to run for a bus, how did the 2nd frame end? I think it's really important for Judd to get a frame up as soon as possible, once Ronnie gets going he's hard to stop

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Trump won it on the black after O'Sullivan missed it.

Only one he has won so far..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Well that would be 1-1, what's the score now? Can't believe I'm missing it, was really looking forward to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

I hope Ronnie gets hammered now and retires for good. So sick of him saying at nearly every world championship for his whole career that he's going to retire, he's fed up with the game, wah wah wah..... If he has mental problems he should get professional help, and if he doesn't then someone needs to tell him to man up and stop acting like a baby.

There's no one better to watch play snooker but he should just shut up and retire at this stage if it makes him so miserable.

Well that would be 1-1, what's the score now? Can't believe I'm missing it, was really looking forward to it

Currently 4 - 1 to Ronnie. Trump is on the table now and is 60 - 0 up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭DeltaWhite

I hope Ronnie gets hammered now and retires for good. So sick of him saying at nearly every world championship for his whole career that he's going to retire, he's fed up with the game, wah wah wah..... If he has mental problems he should get professional help, and if he doesn't then someone needs to tell him to man up and stop acting like a baby.

There's no one better to watch play snooker but he should just shut up and retire at this stage if it makes him so miserable.

Have to agree, I am FED UP listening to the same thing every year from him :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭DeltaWhite

DYING to get home to watch it! I will be stalking this thread for updates :D

4-3 to Ronnie. Frame 8 just kicking off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭desodon

I'm a big Ronnie fan but I think banning someone for expressing their opinion is a bit much.

John Higgins gets amounts of abuse in here for something he was never convicted of, and I've never seen bans handed out.

EnterNow wrote: »
    4-3 to Ronnie. Frame 8 just kicking off

In the context of the match that was a vital frame.
    Back tomorrow for the second session

All square at 4 a piece for those glued to the thread for updates. Session is over now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

What time does the next session start ? Good comeback from Trump

• Advertisement

TheNap wrote: »
    What time does the next session start ? Good comeback from Trump

Tomorrow morn, tomorrow night and the last session Saturday afternoon.

Advertisement