Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Championship 2013 Draw & Gossip

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭desodon

Setun wrote: »
    I didn't catch any of Ronnie's game today sadly - is his long potting any better than it has been earlier in the week? That was the only thing I could really see missing from his game, although occasionally the odd lapse in concentration let him down.

Judd on a hell of a comeback right now too, fascinating stuff to watch. The final session should be very interesting indeed.

Ya tomorrows session should be interesting between those two. Both showed bad form in different sessions today, so I'm sure they'll concentrate on eliminating that before then. Could be some cracking snooker. I have €15 on Murphy @ 7/4 to beat Trump so this evenings session hurt me :D , but the session in line for tomorrow should make up for that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

desodon wrote: »
    And I'll be sitting in the Crucible watching the last two sessions of that match (Friday night and Saturday @ 2.30pm).

Hard to call between Judd and Shaun, but I reckon either opponent should make a great match :)

I'm genuinely jealous! I'd love to see Ronnie play at a world championship. Not that he's through yet, but touch wood :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

Ronnie is hitting the ball so well, his scoring is relentless and his long potting which was missing in his first two matches has returned.

Bingham hasn't really done a lot wrong O'Sullivan has simply been majestic.

11-1 at the interval.

Ding under pressure and at 11-7 down to Hawkins really needs to do something quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Hawkins now 12-7 up on Ding. Shock definitely on the cards

"I'm sticking by Ding. If you look at the draw it looks like he's going to have to break his legs not to get to the final," Hendry told BBC Sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Glenman wrote: »
    Hawkins now 12-7 up on Ding. Shock definitely on the cards

"I'm sticking by Ding. If you look at the draw it looks like he's going to have to break his legs not to get to the final," Hendry told BBC Sport.

haha so premature his record at the crucible is so poor for a guy so lauded

• Advertisement

No shock here I predicted Hawkins to win, but had the score at 13-11. A very underrated player is Hawkins and would be the pick to come through against Walden or White.

seanhynes

Unlucky with your bet.....

Ronnie next frame the 14th ,I have placed 500 at 1/2. its free money here stuart wants to get the cab home,like taking candy from a baby this should be"

€500 that's sore :(

Comeback is on, Bingham takes the last two frames to make it 12-3. I'm sure Ronnie will hope to win this one to get the evening off. He's in the balls at the moment!

12-4 Ronnie and they come back out tonight.

painful. taking a break now was so 100pcent sure of it too:(

• Advertisement

Well done Bingham, won the last three frames to make it 12-4 and bring it into this evening's session.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Delighted for Hawkins.. he has been looking great during the tournament.

Also won €70 as a result, but happy for him too :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

If Ronnie makes the final it could be the most one sided World Final ever. Can't see Hawkins or Walden/White giving him a close game which is disappointing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I've barely got to watch any of the World Championship this year....very disappointing. Have told people i'm unavailable this weekend though, so at least I will get the last couple of days of it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Great stuff here between Murphy and Trump.

Trump threw that last frame away, lost his nerve badly on that easy pink.

This could be the easiest Word Championship Ronnie will ever have, I can't see Murphy or Trump beating him in the Semi finals and who ever he meets in the final I think he'll blow them away completely.

Great stuff here between Murphy and Trump.

Trump threw that last frame away, lost his nerve badly on that easy pink.

This could be the easiest Word Championship Ronnie will ever have, I can't see Murphy or Trump beating him in the Semi finals and who ever he meets in the final I think he'll blow them away completely.

Same was said when Davis played Taylor in '85 and I lost a right few bob when underdog Dott beat Ronnie in the semis in '06

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

zack01 wrote: »
    Same was said when Davis played Taylor in '85 and I lost a right few bob when underdog Dott beat Ronnie in the semis in '06

Upsets are always possible alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

12 all in the Trump - Murphy game at the moment. This frame is a very cagey affair as you'd expect, a lot of safety play.
    Impossible to call who will win it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Turning into a classic alright. Hard to call it, I'd say Trump will take more risks, could leave an opening or two for Murphy if he misses any.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

12 all in the Trump - Murphy game at the moment. This frame is a very cagey affair as you'd expect, a lot of safety play.
    Impossible to call who will win it.

I'm even nervous just watching it. Probably cos I have a bet on Trump to win it out, but you can just feel the tension coming across on tv. Still hard to call

• Advertisement

excellent entertainment this

That was great stuff, plus got the result I needed as an added bonus!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Best snooker I have seen in a long time, it had everything, safety, long potting, some water drinking, very very good match.

the 6/1 I took on Trump last week still alive and kicking,nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Nice one Trump. Bit of a classic alright. Murphy will be thinking how did he let that one get away from him when he was 6-2 up after the 1st session.

seanhynes wrote: »
    the 6/1 I took on Trump last week still alive and kicking,nice

Same here, that's what I got him at...keeping me interested anyway

Stevecw wrote: »
    Same here, that's what I got him at...keeping me interested anyway

Great price boys, I honestly thought Murphy would beat him around the 13-11 mark but fair play to Trump he dug in well, the semi should be an absolute classic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,957 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

White really has crumbled under the pressure. Pity would love him to get through but looking very unlikely now.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    White really has crumbled under the pressure. Pity would love him to get through but looking very unlikely now.

Yesterday I picked O'Sullivan, Murphy, Walden & Hawkins to come through, 3 out of 4 ain't bad I suppose, i can't see beyond an O'Sullivan v Hawkins final, but if it was a Trump v Walden final that wouldn't be much of a shock either.

Really looking forward to the next few days and travelling back over on Sun to Sheffield.

• Advertisement

Oh and what a surprise Ronnie talking about retiring again, perhaps he's trying to playing mind games with Trump before their match ??

Advertisement