Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London 2014

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

robinph wrote: »
    Everyone (ballot, GFA, championship)* will be getting the same final magazine through which will include the registration form that you need for the expo. They have not started appearing yet, but rest assured that Facebook will be awash with notifications the moment the posties start delivering them.

London marathon just put out a FB message to say the final Magazine will be posted out this week.
    Not long left until the 2014 Virgin Money London Marathon! The programme and final instructions will be posted this week and should arrive between 14th and 24th March. Good luck to everyone taking part.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

pistol_75 wrote: »
    There seems to be a few doing the Balbriggan 1/2 on Paddy's morning as part of a longer run or PMP run. Not sure how I'm running it yet but being local to the area if anyone wants any info let me know.

If you want me to throw up a route for suggested easy miles let me know and I will put a link up. Maybe if some of us are in and around the same pace we can meet up beforehand and run the easy miles together?
    Im doing 6 easy before...but my easy is easier than yours.9.30 ish p/mi

was thinking of doin 10k route .Any other suggestions. Grew up in Balbriggan myself so know the area

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭coco7

menoscemo wrote: »
    London marathon just put out a FB message to say the final Magazine will be posted out this week.
    Do you have any idea if they still post out to Irish addresses even if you entered through the overseas ballot?
    Training going well for me so far, 20 miles last weekend in the park and one more long run the weekend after next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

RedRunner wrote: »
    Im doing 6 easy before...but my easy is easier than yours.9.30 ish p/mi

was thinking of doin 10k route .Any other suggestions. Grew up in Balbriggan myself so know the area

Will know what my plans are tomorrow. If you do the 10K route before you would just be doing the same loop 3 times. I would be more inclined maybe if you were parking in the church car park to head out the Skerries road for 3 miles and come back. Certainly would be flatter anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

When do they send out the details you require to pick your number up in the Expo?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

digger2d2 wrote: »
    When do they send out the details you require to pick your number up in the Expo?

see Meno's post from above. Mid March sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

digger2d2 wrote: »

The programme and final instructions will be posted this week and should arrive between 14th and 24th March.

Will know what my plans are tomorrow. If you do the 10K route before you would just be doing the same loop 3 times. I would be more inclined maybe if you were parking in the church car park to head out the Skerries road for 3 miles and come back. Certainly would be flatter anyway :)

Yeah, three loops is probably a bit much alright.:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Nothing in todays post...

Yeah, three loops is probably a bit much alright.:)

hey, lads, yeah I'd be up for doing 6 miles before the race. We could meet at registration an hour before? I don't mind what pace we do the 'warm up' at...

• Advertisement

hey, lads, yeah I'd be up for doing 6 miles before the race. We could meet at registration an hour before? I don't mind what pace we do the 'warm up' at...

Sound..I'm on for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ordinarysoap

Sorry but so this is clear in my head, the Qualifying age for time entry if you are between 18yrs-40yrs is sub 3.05 - am i right in saying if i run this in Dublin this coming year (October 2014) i qualify for London Marathon 2015. How do i enter based on the fact that i haven't run sub 3.05 but expect to this October. Hope this doesn't sound like a stupid question but i am curious to know. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Sorry but so this is clear in my head, the Qualifying age for time entry if you are between 18yrs-40yrs is sub 3.05 - am i right in saying if i run this in Dublin this coming year (October 2014) i qualify for London Marathon 2015. How do i enter based on the fact that i haven't run sub 3.05 but expect to this October. Hope this doesn't sound like a stupid question but i am curious to know. Thanks.

Entry for London Marathon 2015 will open the end of April 2014, and GFA application closes in early July, so if you want a GFA place, you're going to have to run sub 3.05 between now and July. If you run sub 3.05 in Dublin '14 you will qualify for GFA place in London 2016 (don't forget you need a UK address too). HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Bugsy2000

I'v never been a believer in karma etc but I'm beginning to think that all of the alternate versions of the truth (for want of a better / more accurate description :D) that we had to tell to gain entry for this race have started to seek revenge.

Out of eight of us from the club that have entries, two are non-runners due to injuries, one has had to cancel due to a wedding, three will be happy to see the start line due to injury & illness & the other two will be happy to make it to the finish line regardless of time. Since we signed up last year we have been plagued with injury & illness.

So if you see a group of us westerners in our maroon & white singlets taking it easy on the day, take pity on us, we have now formed the 'Good for Age - Walkers' group.:P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

RubyK wrote: »
    Entry for London Marathon 2015 will open the end of April 2014, and GFA application closes in early July, so if you want a GFA place, you're going to have to run sub 3.05 between now and July. If you run sub 3.05 in Dublin '14 you will qualify for GFA place in London 2016 (don't forget you need a UK address too). HTH

...and that is assuming that they don't go and change the qualifying times after the marathon when it's too late to run a time anywhere else.

They won't be changing the times again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭runsir

...and that is assuming that they don't go and change the qualifying times after the marathon when it's too late to run a time anywhere else.

They won't be changing the times again this year.

Anything stopping somebody using a friends address in the UK for the GFA entry? I hope to have the time for 2015 following running Boston this year...

runsir wrote: »
    Anything stopping somebody using a friends address in the UK for the GFA entry? I hope to have the time for 2015 following running Boston this year...

There may be spies in our midst ;)

Nope.

They don't care about where you live really, just that you have somewhere in the UK to have to post sent to. You will need to pay for the entry from a UK bank account though, so you'll need to be friendly enough with the address to get them to pay for you as well.

I paid using an Irish Visa debit card....You have to 'prove' you live in your UK address by means of a bill or I.D.

Good point meno, just wipe what I said above from your memory if you saw it. It never happened.

I paid using an Irish Visa debit card....You have to 'prove' you live in your UK address by means of a bill or I.D.

What do you need to bring with you to registration/number pick up? Is it just your confirmation slip and some form of ID?

• Advertisement

What do you need to bring with you to registration/number pick up? Is it just your confirmation slip and some form of ID?

I don't know, I am sure that info will be in the magazine when it comes out?/ I'd imagine just the standard form + I.D.??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

Not totally accurate, when GFA entry opened last summer it wasn't looking for proof of address. I just scanned them a copy of my British birth cert and gave them a northern address and that was it!! They didn't look for anything else and I was accepted. I also used Irish Visa Debit card btw.

Sound..I'm on for that.

Lads,

I have to do a progression run so will need to do the first 7 miles at 8:40 pace or so. As I live local I'll probably just make it up from the house to the start some way. Hopefully catch up with you both before or after.

... still nothing in todays post ... :(

... still nothing in todays post ... :(

They did say the 14th earliest. lol

This time in one month we'll all be sat in The Coal Hole celebrating with a lovely pint of ale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

I wont be sitting. Good chance ill be on my ear after nearly 4 months off the booze!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Gavlor

This time in one month we'll all be sat in The Coal Hole celebrating with a lovely pint of ale.

This time tomorrow I'll be sat in the pub on my 8th pint of ale..... Maybe that's where I'm going wrong!!

Gavlor wrote: »
    This time tomorrow I'll be sat in the pub on my 8th pint of ale..... Maybe that's where I'm going wrong!!

and the fact that you're drinking Ale!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

Gavlor wrote: »

It's allowed on Gold Cup day... ;)

Advertisement