Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London 2014

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Have fun kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Arrived in London Tuesday evening have had a couple of runs, early Weds and this evening, really is a bit of a chill in the air.
    A few in the office over here are doing the marathon and they are weather watching - expecting close to 20 degrees Sunday lunch time!

The support crew are flying in tomorrow lunch time, so I'm looking forward to picking them up. Heading straight into the city then to a different hotel and getting the expo out of the way tomorrow evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Very, very best of luck to all of you on Sunday; London is a really, really special marathon and I can still clearly remember the Goosebumps feeling I had crossing Tower Bridge last year:D
    Mr Stew and I had hoped to be joining you all in The Coal Hole for celebratory drinks and since we wont make it we are relying on you all to drink our share instead;).

We'll be keeping an eye on your progress on here and sending lots and lots of good luck your way, enjoy:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

My legs have never felt as good and not a sign of taper madness. If this works out i am taking a 6 week taper period in all my future races:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Polster

My legs have never felt as good and not a sign of taper madness. If this works out i am taking a 6 week taper period in all my future races:pac:

I did a 5k last night and felt great, so the marathon should be a breeze :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭ClashCityRocker

I'm working not far from the excel and so just popped over to the expo to see Kipsang and G Mutai being interviewed. Unfortunately the daydream i had on the way there of being taken aside by an official and being given a place for Sunday didn't come to pass :D

Best of luck to all of you running on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭likestosmile

I'm working not far from the excel and so just popped over to the expo to see Kipsang and G Mutai being interviewed.

I'd love to have heard them. What were they saying? Any idea of strategy?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Polster

Had a stroll down to Tower Bridge there at lunch time, barriers all going up around the place, proper started to get the butterflys thinking that I'd be pounding those streets in two days (two feckin days), aggghhhhhhhh. Even after 6 months training, this seems to have snuck up very quickly in the end. I'm not good to them in work here, just looking over and over the virgin london website stuff for anything I may have missed or should know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭ClashCityRocker

I'm working not far from the excel and so just popped over to the expo to see Kipsang and G Mutai being interviewed.

I'd love to have heard them. What were they saying? Any idea of strategy?

There was the usual standard stuff on what makes London marathon special etc, Mutai was asked about what his best achievement was (he said NY marathon 2011), Kipsang was asked about coming so close to breaking the world record in Frankfurt and how it motivated him to come back and actually break it in Berlin. They both spoke about their struggles in the London race last year too, Mutai said he was carrying an injury going into it. I didn't catch all of it unfortunately, they started a bit later than advertised so i had to go, so i don't know if they spoke about anything more specifically on Sunday's race, facing such a strong field etc. Tom from the marathon talk podcasts was the interviewer. I enjoyed the ten mins i caught of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

Best of luck to you all tomorrow morning. Take it easy today. Enjoy it ye lucky hoors!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Is London the best marathon in the world?

I don't know, I've never been but I just wanted to jump on and wish everyone the best of luck tomorrow, enjoy the day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Best of luck to everyone tomorrow :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

Good luck everyone. Piece of p1ss! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Looks like perfect conditions in London! Enjoy watching and tracking! Fun morning ahead!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Large pot of coffee on the brew, pole position on the sofa, boards runners registered on the tracking page. Bring it on. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Whats the tracking page link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,483 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Aimman wrote: »
    Large pot of coffee on the brew, pole position on the sofa, boards runners registered on the tracking page. Bring it on. :D
    In work,smell of sour piss..hope u burn Ur balls...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Aimman wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ooter

Is there any live radio commentary of today's race?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

ultraman1 wrote: »
    You really should change those lucky jocks Anto.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Ferris B

The hype from the Beeb.Wouldn't like to be in Farah's shoes. If he doesn't win, go under 2 hrs and get the cure for cancer it'll seem like failure.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Calvin Johnson

Think they are actually being fairly realistic, especially Foster.

Just saw Redrunner in the crowd, towering above everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

TRR and Abhainn through 5k. 18:22 and 18:38 respectively. That's 2:35 and 2:37 pace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

Geb just looks so odd with a pacer singlet on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Meno through in 21:22 and Gavlor in 20:49. Good stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

BeepBeep looks well on pace at 20.48 too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,483 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Boardsie bib numbers anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

BB is bang on 2:55 pace with a 20:48. Robin @2:52 pace. Fran: 2:55 pace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Tracking myself from the comfort of my couch :p

Heading down now in a bit to watch near the finish

Advertisement