Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Gavlor

I got the go ahead for this today!!

I'll be using my cousins merseyside address and currently meet the gfa criteria, although rumour has it that they are about to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Good stuff Gav, I'm sure you'll have an even better gfa time this time next week so I'm sure you've nothing to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Sara2002

Does anyone know what time the ballot will open at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Ballot is open now.

I entered the overseas ballot. I don't expect to get a place, but it's worth a shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

Entry gone though. Here's hoping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Entered UK ballot. We shall see... would love to do one of the big ones in 2014 due to turning 30 then :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭docjewel

The joys of being awake with a toothache,entry gone through :-).

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

They've also tightened up on the GFA times - 3:45 now for women under 40.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭docjewel

I see the men's under40 has dropped to 3:05

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Sara2002

Finally gone through. Fingers crossed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Gavlor wrote: »
    I got the go ahead for this today!!

I'll be using my cousins merseyside address and currently meet the gfa criteria, although rumour has it that they are about to change.

I'll look for the go ahead once the entry is confirmed:D

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭BenMicheal

Just signed up so fingers are crossed! Is it October we find out if we are successful?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Ballot entered. Can't believe they've adjusted the GFA time, that really puts the pressure on!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Trampas

When entering using a uk address what do people put in for phone number?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

ncmc wrote: »
    Ballot entered. Can't believe they've adjusted the GFA time, that really puts the pressure on!

Ha, I knew they'd do that when the times weren't up there after the race. Thankfully I still slip in.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Bugsy2000

What have pepole beeing doing for the payment details? There was mention on this thread about paying with Sterling Bank draft or such but there is no option for that (maybe just for GFA now that I think about it).

I've sorted a UK address & phone number but now I have to put my billing address as Galway. Not ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Bugsy2000 wrote: »
    What have pepole beeing doing for the payment details? There was mention on this thread about paying with Sterling Bank draft or such but there is no option for that (maybe just for GFA now that I think about it).

I've sorted a UK address & phone number but now I have to put my billing address as Galway. Not ideal.

Used a UK postal order for this years race.that was for GFA though.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Trampas wrote: »

If you're going via the UK ballott you'll need a UK address anyway so use the number of the person whose address you're using.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭wobblemouth

New GFA means my 3.09 from Dublin is useless.

Into the ballot I go...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Gavlor

New GFA means my 3.09 from Dublin is useless.

Into the ballot I go...

You and me both. Thankfully I have an opportunity on Sunday to rectify that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Trampas

psychozeb wrote: »
    If you're going via the UK ballott you'll need a UK address anyway so use the number of the person whose address you're using.

i have the address but not the phone number.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Trampas wrote: »

Make one up tbh. It's highly unlikely you will actually need one.

Just make sure it starts with 075, 076, 077, 078 or 079 (mobile prefixes in the UK) and is 11 digits long :D

Have to laugh at the new GFA, Meno ran 3:04:58 for me last week :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Steroo

Entry submitted! Good luck all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭rob w

Bugsy2000 wrote: »

I got my entry in to the overseas entry ballot, no mention of paying anything yet unless you get selected though.....or did I miss something? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,256 ✭✭✭plodder

4th time lucky maybe for me... Anyone thinking of entering (overseas ballot) should do it soon as it fills up very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭corkrunner71

Entered overseas ballot. Website seems to be coping a lot better than previous years I tried entering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

docjewel wrote: »
    I see the men's under40 has dropped to 3:05

Bollocks. Just entered theBallot, not sure I can be bothered running another sub 3:05 before July.
    On a positive note, Brian qualifies for the new GFA by 2 seconds thanks to my storming finish last week, makes it seem worthwhile now. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ClashCityRocker

Entered the uk ballot this morning, I look forward to adding to my collection of fleeces and rain jackets in October :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Overseas ballot entered again...whats the chances of being lucky 2 years in a row????:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

I've gone and entered both ballots for all the use it will do me!
    Boston remains my goal race though so if I fail to get a BQ this summer then I will hope to get in to London through one of the ballots.
    menoscemo wrote: »
    Bollocks. Just entered theBallot, not sure I can be bothered running another sub 3:05 before July.
    On a positive note, Brian qualifies for the new GFA by 2 seconds thanks to my storming finish last week, makes it seem worthwhile now. :pac:

I'll still be going for 3:10 in Portumna anyways Niall.

Advertisement