Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Any word on Meno?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Mr Slow wrote: »
    Any word on Meno?

We're guessing DNF?

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭wrstan

Any news on Beep?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

5 more min on the road Gav!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

drquirky wrote: »
    We're guessing DNF?

Hopefully it's a technical issue.

Edit: With regards to tracking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

Never heard of her before but from an Irish perspective Nicola Duncan looks like a pretty useful runner. She won the non-elite race in 2:33:28, a 3:23 PB. Found a short article about her here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

2:59:01 for Gavlor. Well done man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Go on ya good thing Gav!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

2:59:01 for Gav…Monkey. Off. Back.

Well Done!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Gavlor 2:59:01

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Clearlier wrote: »
    Never heard of her before but from an Irish perspective Nicola Duncan looks like a pretty useful runner. She won the non-elite race in 2:33:28, a 3:23 PB. Found a short article about her here.

She's officially a Galway City Harrier, but based in Edinburgh. Only took up running in the last few years.

She had to pull out of the world half a few weeks ago with hamstring problem - looks like that was a good decision based off that result today.

It's a savage time, and she won't be left out of the elite field next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

Huge respect Gavlor, you d'man....enjoy a well deserved pint or two!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Nice work Abhainn and TRR...2:35:03...not sure whether to say ouch or well done! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

Runchick slowing a bit through 30k on 4:12 pace

Redrunner slowing through 35k on 3:45 pace

Digger/CL through 35k on 3:48 pace

Overpronator 3:16 pace through 40k

• Registered Users Posts: 19,525 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Clearlier wrote: »

Is this really an appropriate time to be bringing up the fact that TRR was chicked? Let the guy enjoy his PB for at least a few minutes before starting the slagging. :)

overpronator 3:15:52

Well done :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

Serious case of bleeding nipples by the celebrity fella there on the beeb who has just finished!! Poor choice of singlet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

No Idea what happened me today. I wasn't looking at watch but was running well and very comfortably up to 5-6 miles when I got a splitting headache. That turned into dizziness and then I felt like all the energy was drained out of me and legs turned to lead. Miles 7-12 were just a death-march with the pace dropping off every mile and hundreds streaming past me. Pulled up just over tower bridge as I was swerving over the road by that point.
    A little puke and a drink of Lucozade sport I came around and made my way back to the finish area. Feeling OK now.....not sure what went on. I can only think of sunstroke :confused: but the only ever time I got that it was 40c not 15c....delighted for TRR and Gavlor (so far).

Hard luck Meno :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

TRR passing me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

menoscemo wrote: »
    No Idea what happened me today. I wasn't looking at watch but was running well and very comfortably up to 5-6 miles when I got a splitting headache. That turned into dizziness and then I felt like all the energy was drained out of me and legs turned to lead. Miles 7-12 were just a death-march with the pace dropping off every mile and hundreds streaming past me. Pulled up just over tower bridge as I was swerving over the road by that point.
    A little puke and a drink of Lucozade sport I came around and made my way back to the finish area. Feeling OK now.....not sure what went on. I can only think of sunstroke :confused: but the only ever time I got that it was 40c not 15c....delighted for TRR and Gavlor (so far).

Sorry to hear that, you did the right thing though, your day will come, mind yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

Gutted for you but glad to hear you are feeling better. Take it handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Killerz

Bad luck Meno, recover well. Chance to get back on the horse next Monday at least......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Gavlor

You f€cking beauty!

Thanks for the support guys, injury caught up on me at mile 23 bit my strategy was to have a little bit of a buffer, glute first then hamstring cramped as a result. Apart from that I'm delighted!

Now I'm off for a beer from that stupid grail :D

Runchick 35k 4:15

Redrunner 40k 3:51

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

Come on RR and RC - dig in on the final stretch!

3:52 for RedRunner. Well done and get yourself to the pub. Liverpool 1-0 up. ;)

Redrunner 3:52:32

Well done Robbie :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Sorry to hear meno. Rest up well and hydrate and who knows, could take this as a shortened taper long run for your crack at it next week ?;)

CL/ Digger 3:55:48

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

How about BeepBeep?

Advertisement