Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

Gavlor wrote: »
    It's time to be creative!

It's like as if they are watching us. We are in bother this time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

oh dear, do you think they're watching this thread? In that case, I haven't emailed my friend in the UK for a household bill and I'm not going to photoshop my name into it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Gavlor

jebuz wrote: »
    oh dear, do you think they're watching this thread? In that case, I haven't emailed my friend in the UK for a household bill and I'm not going to photoshop my name into it

Good Job my old Irish bank statement gets posted to me. over here. In merseyside. In the United Kingdom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Good Job my old Irish bank statement gets posted to me. over here. In merseyside. In the United Kingdom.

This is where my NI driving license would come in handy. If only I had a Q time... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,525 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

menoscemo wrote: »
    This is where my NI driving license would come in handy. If only I had a Q time... :rolleyes:
    So that's why you have those yellow reg plates on your car.... You're going to have a job convincing the Dublin marathon organizers of your Irish residency. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Anyone get the feeling that this thread needs to be moved to some kind of private forum? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

How's the weather up there Gavlor? Living in Birmingham myself these days.

Btw, the world don't trust our banks, so your goosed there. O2 bill perhaps?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

At this point I'd like to continue pledging my allegiance to the queen and say how I'm really enjoying living in Eastenders next door to Phil Mitchell.

blockic wrote: »
    How's the weather up there Gavlor? Living in Birmingham myself these days.

Btw, the world don't trust our banks, so your goosed there. O2 bill perhaps?!

Arightt mate. Sound like.

Can't wait for the ashes to start.

Barmy army barmy army barmy army

Peckham wrote: »
    Surely if they really want to restrict it to UK residents, and close off this loophole, they would ask you to produce proof of residency (e.g. household bill, official document with your name and address on it etc.) when submitting your application, rather than proof of nationality (which is essentially what they're asking for at the moment).

The way it's set-up at the moment gives the impression of a polite request for non-UK residents to not use this approach.

Have we a snitch here ? Plus if I was involved in a travel agency that organised London runners would you rat out a few lads ? How many you reckon did it ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Proof of residency Going to scan this photo as a pdf and ask the question "would any self respecting Irishman living on the island of Ireland dare wear the 2012 t-shirt in public"

I'm sorted

259911.jpg

TRR wrote: »
    Proof of residency Going to scan this photo as a pdf and ask the question "would any self respecting Irishman living on the island of Ireland dare wear the 2012 t-shirt in public"

I'm sorted

259911.jpg

Sponsored by Colgate??!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭Peckham

Have we a snitch here ? Plus if I was involved in a travel agency that organised London runners would you rat out a few lads ? How many you reckon did it ?

Eh? Me?!

Peckham wrote: »
    Eh? Me?!

All ye kilburn lads are the same. LOL

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Barcelona 2014 it is. Hurrah. \ O /

• Registered Users Posts: 19,525 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Barcelona is on Paddy's weekend, so the following day is a bank holiday too. Nice.

I'd expect London will see a bit of a drop in good for age standards next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Barcelona is on Paddy's weekend, so the following day is a bank holiday too. Nice.

I'd expect London will see a bit of a drop in good for age standards next year.

Time to start the Barca 2014 thread so RQ!

Well, entry submitted. I had to use my Irish DL and a statement with my UK address. Lovely day here on the Wirral :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Just checked the GFA site again, and it seems to have been updated since I made an application yesterday - there was no asking for proof of UK address, they just asked for proof of result and age :confused: Anyone else the same?

Edited - I missed previous postings, and see the Q7 and jebuz saw the same - no asking for proof of UK address.

RubyK wrote: »
    Just checked the GFA site again, and it seems to have been updated since I made an application yesterday - there was no asking for proof of UK address, they just asked for proof of result and age :confused: Anyone .
    Once you applied I would say Thr application form is very standard do you might have escaped it. Chances are you are prob in now

• Advertisement

Once you applied I would say Thr application form is very standard do you might have escaped it. Chances are you are prob in now

Would you think village runner? God, that would be sweet :D! Fingers crossed!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

belcarra wrote: »
    Time to start the Barca 2014 thread so RQ!

At least you and digger can do that one wha?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

At least you and digger can do that one wha?! :D

Just 'cos we're not lucky enough to get away with reverse sexism (or reverse ageism in some people's case;))...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 49 mathso

Best of luck with all your entries.

Woo hoo, just got my acceptance email :)

Best of luck to everyone, how ye all get the same message shortly :D

Got mine too, happy days :)

Best of luck to everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

Just got my acceptance email.

London - Round 3:) :)

My payment receipt says
    "Thank you for completing your 2014 Virgin Money London Marathon Championship entry"

I was expecting it to reference GFA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

I'm in :-)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Abhainn wrote: »
    Just got my acceptance email.

London - Round 3:) :)

My payment receipt says
    "Thank you for completing your 2014 Virgin Money London Marathon Championship entry"

I was expecting it to reference GFA

Same here, they seem to have messed up the automated emails. The championship entries have been done online for a while I believe, so they must have just copied that code and not thought to check what it did first. Could also explain why they were not asking for proof of address initially when we submitted our proof of times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Paranoia maybe lads but if they are watching best to keep it to yourselves

Waiting on the payment link myself.

Advertisement