Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London 2014

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 mathso

Happy Days just got my email now
    London here we go!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 VaderMLK

hello all. I just got an acceptance email too but have a question about paying that someone who has already applied might be able to advise me on please. When getting to the Secure Payment Page the fields in the cardholders details automatically populated with my UK address but my credit card is linked to my Irish address. Thus just wondering will this set the alarm bells ringing? What did other do here, did you get a UK friend to pay with a UK credit card or just use your existing Irish credit card linked to your Irish address? Or do they care where the cash comes from? Also one other question - given its all online this year I'm thinking there wont be any forms sent out that have to be signed and returned by certain dates? thanks and best of luck to others applying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

VaderMLK wrote: »
    hello all. I just got an acceptance email too but have a question about paying that someone who has already applied might be able to advise me on please. When getting to the Secure Payment Page the fields in the cardholders details automatically populated with my UK address but my credit card is linked to my Irish address. Thus just wondering will this set the alarm bells ringing? What did other do here, did you get a UK friend to pay with a UK credit card or just use your existing Irish credit card linked to your Irish address? Or do they care where the cash comes from? Also one other question - given its all online this year I'm thinking there wont be any forms sent out that have to be signed and returned by certain dates? thanks and best of luck to others applying.
    Presumably you can ring your bank and add your UK address to your list of accepted addresses?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

I just used my own credit card, with Irish address on Monday. Looked online now, and it was debited from my CC account yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

It's only for us residents in the uk..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Use the one of your 'Brother' who still lives in ireland ;).
    You can always pay him back when you see him at Christmas...

Paranoia maybe lads but if they are watching best to keep it to yourselves

Waiting on the payment link myself.

Have to agree

• Registered Users Posts: 16 VaderMLK

RubyK wrote: »
    I just used my own credit card, with Irish address on Monday. Looked online now, and it was debited from my CC account yesterday.

thanks for the replies. just used my irish cc as u did rubyk. email says i'm in anyway. so thanks again for the advice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

For online transactions such as this I'd imagine the marathon people would not even be checking the address of the credit card owner. This generally would only happen for transactions where goods are being delivered to an address. So long as there is adequate credit on card the retailer(VirginLM in this case won't care.(I used to work for a major credit card provider)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

RedRunner wrote: »
    For online transactions such as this I'd imagine the marathon people would not even be checking the address of the credit card owner. This generally would only happen for transactions where goods are being delivered to an address. So long as there is adequate credit on card the retailer(VirginLM in this case won't care.(I used to work for a major credit card provider)

^^^^ This

• Advertisement

I'm In :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Very jealous of all you Good For Agers! I have to wait for ballot results in Oct to find out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

menoscemo wrote: »
    I'm In :D

You-you or Brian-you??

belcarra wrote: »
    You-you or Brian-you??

Everyone is a winner ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Bugsy2000

Woo hoo, London here I come. Got my email today.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Q7

I'm in too. :) Got the email yesterday. Entered this morning.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

ALL the cool people are in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Is that so?

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Is that so?

I think a couple of dodgy people go in too. But the rest of us are in. :D

Just booked two night in the Strand Palace; hopefully I'll be able to find my way home from there on April 13th :pac:

• Advertisement

Just booked two night in the Strand Palace; hopefully I'll be able to find my way home from there on April 13th :pac:

You can always ring me 9 times at 3 in Thr morning if you get lost. I love to chat at 3 in Thr morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

I know, I'm in!! :D

I was wondering how you got in with your PB; then I remembered how old you are :pac:

I was wondering how you got in with your PB; then I remembered how old you are :pac:

A lot of happy Chappies on here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

You heading home early? Lightweight :pac:

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    You heading home early? Lightweight :pac:

No way, Home will be just up the stairs that night :D
    Will you be running yourself Beepbeep?

Hurrah. We can not train properly, do rubbsih and not care about it together. *high five*

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sparkles2012

Any recommendations for a charity entry for London?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Any recommendations for a charity entry for London?

I hear Brianderunner offers really good deals.:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Steroo

Any idea when the lottery is on?

Advertisement