Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London 2014

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Places are usually out end of October

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 41 pico84

Anyone know the date the ballot results are out?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

I got my rejection for this year's race on 2nd October 2012. Probably be around the same time this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

pico84 wrote: »
    Anyone know the date the ballot results are out?

The last few days of September is pretty standard.

14% chance of getting in through the UK ballot and a 2% chance through the international ballot. Just letting you know.

ya thought i got my rejection about the same time last year!
    thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

14% chance of getting in through the UK ballot and a 2% chance through the international ballot. Just letting you know.

Why do they even bother to offer those few places considering the tiny amount getting through?:rolleyes:

Even if ya want to go down the charity route to get a place, theres only UK,US,New Zealand or Australian charities. Bit strange there's no Irish ones

If I get rejected again this year that will be my third time in a row.
    Does that guarantee me a place in 2015?

yaboya1 wrote: »

Think theres some rule for that but not sure what it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

yaboya1 wrote: »

Think they got rid of that rule when Virgin took over the sponsorship.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 mathso

I'm also sure that rule no longer stands.
    Train harder , run faster, GFA, only way to go

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Post on facebook that the magazines are being sent out this week...

https://www.facebook.com/virginlondonmarathon/posts/10151719474869748

Was there not some link we discovered last year to know if you were in or out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Post on facebook that the magazines are being sent out this week...

https://www.facebook.com/virginlondonmarathon/posts/10151719474869748

Was there not some link we discovered last year to know if you were in or out?

This is the link on the facebook page that someone has mentioned.

It brings me through to the payment page when I login? Is this good news?

tells me it cant find my details, so I assume that is a "feck off" - and I would think your in Pistol?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

I think your in Pistol

I got

"Pay for your Marathon place

Unfortunately we can't find your details on our system. Please click the back button to try again.

If your details have changed please contact the Virgin Money London Marathon team on 0207 902 0200

Go back..."

Looks good doesn't it? Brings me into a payment site asking me to pay £35 with a payment reference number.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Looks good doesn't it? Brings me into a payment site asking me to pay £35 with a payment reference number.

Yep, I'd say you're in. Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

statss wrote: »
    I think your in Pistol

I got

Unfortunately we can't find your details on our system. Please click the back button to try again.

If your details have changed please contact the Virgin Money London Marathon team on 0207 902 0200

Go back..."

I got that too...but now not sure if it's because i cant remember what password I used...Doh!

I guess we'll get a mail of some sort letting us know one or the other anyway. Although I notice in my mail that I got upon registration that they said they will notify me in "..early October 2014" I assume that's a typo:)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

how are you guys getting the password to try this? or are you basing it on the ability to reset password and then login?

Cabaal wrote: »
    how are you guys getting the password to try this? or are you basing it on the ability to reset password and then login?

I remembered the password I used when registering. If you can't remember then I guess you need to reset the password and try to login then.

• Advertisement

If you're logging in with the correct details but didnt get in on the ballot you'll get this message

Pay for your Marathon place

We're sorry, but we can't find the details you entered as being successful in the ballot. If you have any queries regarding this please call our Virgin Money London Marathon team on 0207 902 0200

If you're just logging in with the wrong details you'll get this message

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

pico84 wrote: »
    If you're logging in with the correct details but didnt get in on the ballot you'll get this message

We're sorry, but we can't find the details you entered as being successful in the ballot. If you have any queries regarding this please call our Virgin Money London Marathon team on 0207 902 0200

If you're just logging in with the wrong details you'll get this message

yes you are correct, I now get

We're sorry, but we can't find the details you entered as being successful in the ballot. If you have any queries regarding this please call our Virgin Money London Marathon team on 0207 902 020"

Logging in with the correct details [standard crap password, and only used a few days ago to enter possible charities from that mail they sent a while ago and I still get
    Unfortunately we can't find your details on our system. Please click the back button to try again

Assume its some kind of feck off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Trampas

I got

Always 2015

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Got the confirmation magazines through just now for GFA places.

Usual magazine full of adverts for charities saying "Run for ...".

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Q7

robinph wrote: »
    Got the confirmation magazines through just now for GFA places
    Did it also include the registration form? The automated email they sent to me back in July when I paid for the GFA entry said "You will be sent a final instructions magazine and a registration form by us in March 2014".

Trampas wrote: »
    I got

Always 2015

Same here. Third time unlucky :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

Q7 wrote: »
    Did it also include the registration form? The automated email they sent to me back in July when I paid for the GFA entry said "You will be sent a final instructions magazine and a registration form by us in March 2014".

This mag is a rubbish one. The post in march is Thr important one with the sheet you will need. This one is just acceptance or rejection. Plus it gets Thr rejections ones doing it for a charity

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Nothing new for GFA entrants in this magazine. They tell you what your race number is, but you will have already had that when we paid for the place, the rest of it is just charities trying to get you to run for them.

The disclaimer form is the one that you need and comes through in March, that is what you need to sign and take to the expo when collecting your number and chip.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

robinph wrote: »
    Nothing new for GFA entrants in this magazine. They tell you what your race number is, but you will have already had that when we paid for the place, the rest of it is just charities trying to get you to run for them.

The disclaimer form is the one that you need and comes through in March, that is what you need to sign and take to the expo when collecting your number and chip.

How many of our ;) fellow Westbury harriers are competing in London? Any idea how many championship yet?

Advertisement