Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Lumia 820 - Screen problem

Options
  • 15-04-2013 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭

Hi there,
    10 days ago i got a Nokia Lumia on Vodafone Red. After 8 days the phone took a tiny knock (and i mean tiny, less than 6 inches on to carpet) and the screen shattered.

Has anyone else had this problem? I've been quoted around the 220 euro mark in several phone repair shops to have it repaired (long story about vodafone telling me its not worth sending to them)

I'm just so angry because i don't want to spend 220 euro on replacing the screen for it to break at the slightest knock. Anyone have any advice?

Kind regards
    Clio

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭CraigSmith_IO

Hi there,
    10 days ago i got a Nokia Lumia on Vodafone Red. After 8 days the phone took a tiny knock (and i mean tiny, less than 6 inches on to carpet) and the screen shattered.

Has anyone else had this problem? I've been quoted around the 220 euro mark in several phone repair shops to have it repaired (long story about vodafone telling me its not worth sending to them)

I'm just so angry because i don't want to spend 220 euro on replacing the screen for it to break at the slightest knock. Anyone have any advice?

Kind regards
    Clio

Vodafone send it to a place called Fonfix formerly MPRC. Ask the shop to send it to see what price it will cost to fix. Probably half what you've been quoted to be honest. You don't have to accept the price that the repair company quote, you can say no and have your phone return unrepaired.

Or...

Try these guys - http://www.fonemenders.ie/mobile-phone-repairs-ireland.php

They have a centre in Cork. And seems that you'd be charged 150 at most.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,621 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

If the phone is going to be dropped, then the best thing to do would be to buy a good quality case.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭long_b

Hi there,

Kind regards
    Clio
    I've dropped mine a few times (indoors - carpet, wood). Seems like you were extremely unlucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭livemusic4life

If the phone is going to be dropped, then the best thing to do would be to buy a good quality case.

I did buy a good quality case. It didn't seem to make a difference. it must have been the angle that i caught it at. :(

I tried phonemenders too but they seem to be constantly closed. So maybe they're out of business. I did drop them an email which hasn't been replied to.

Thanks everyone for your replies, i appreciate it :)

Advertisement