Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair play to Merkur!

• 15-04-2013 2:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭

Yesterday I was changing the blade in my Merku Futur and one of the wires that allows the head top clip onto the body fell off.

About two hours ago I sent an email to Dovo (Merkur's parent company).

See the email thread below.

My first email:
    To whom it may concern,

Just under 4 years ago I bought a Merkur Futur (see email below) due to it's good reviews and the fantastic reputation of Merkur.

Yesterday while changing a blade, one of the wires for holding the top of the razor came completely loose and fell off. I picked up the wire and re-inserted it but it won't stay in place, the body of the razor doesn't appear to be gripping it correctly.

I'm quite disappointed as it hasn't lived up to expectations, I thought it would last far longer than this. I have regularly cleaned and maintained the razor so I expected many years of good use from it.

Is there anything you can do or is there any warranty in place for this type of problem?

Thanks,

Merkur's response:
    Dear XXXX,

Thank you very much for your email.

Even though our warranty is for 2 years from date of purchase, a replacement part is on its way to you. Please wait before you throw out the broken one, until you receive the new one, so you can see exactly what part to exchange. The springs, by the way, are welded on, so they cannot be re-inserted.

Best regards,

Anne Rothstein

MERKUR

My response:
    Hi Anne,

Thank your very much for that generous gesture and your quick reply!

The welding must have failed then.

I have the chrome Futur (not sure if that makes a difference).

Thanks for such great customer service. :-)

Regards,
    XXXX.

Great turn around and response from Merkur, it has almost made up for all the swearing yesterday! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

I love when companies like this understand customer loyalty and stand over the quality of their product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Just to follow-up on this.

The part arrived on Monday and I swapped the part around on Monday evening. Razor is as good as new now. :)

Advertisement