Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

youve been bitten. what now?

• 15-04-2013 3:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

so, few weeks into the post z day in what ever scenario suits you best.
    (hiding with your family, on the run with friends roaming with a gang of bandits raping and pillaging)

all is well until you get bitten. a small injury, no-one else sees.

option 1. you can cover it up and deny its existence, leading you to get worse and worse until you eventually turn (at what is likely to be the worst moment) and attack your family/friends/bandit gang.

option 2. throw yourself on the mercy of your comrades, admit to being bit where they can decide to kill you there or then, keep you alive as long as possible in the hope of finding a cure. either way you put your self at their mercy.

option 3. Self sacrifice, feign having forgot your bag and need to run back, step outside the shelter into the cold night, find a pack of zombies and go down swinging. Possibly sacrificing your self to save your group.

Pick one. explain why.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Needs a "lose the limb" option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Option 4. Ask them to kill me and destroy my brain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

srsly78 wrote: »
    Needs a "lose the limb" option.
    Option 4. Ask them to kill me and destroy my brain.

id imagine it would come under option 2. cant just ask them to kill you, they might be against it, also same with removing the limb. put your self at the mercy of the group and see what they agree to. Of course you can suggest it but they ultimately decide.
    could be that in the discussion of whether to kill you or not you turn and kill them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I'd start killing them till they killed me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,966 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Yeah, I reckon I'd find some reason to become a hero...

"did you hear that? It sounded like a whole multi-national orphanage for kids with various disabilities who managed to survive the armageddon is on fire, I'd better go check it out...", and then kill as many z's as possible. It'd be great if I could have a hand grenade - I'd have it in my mouth and pull the pin, just to make sure...

• Advertisement

thats the spirit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

With nothing to lose I think I'd go zombie bashing. Zombies would be tricky to deal with when you're trying to avoid contamination so being contaminated would mean you could really let loose. By the end of it I'd probably be so damaged from the effort I'd make a useless zombie too.

That or find an enemy and infect them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Kromdar

if it got bad, i'd probably get a boat or something and sail out to sea, while writing a diary of my demise.

going out fighting is a great thought, i just dont want my last moments to be watching a horde of zombies gutting me. i'd rather do something useful like build a cache of supplies and leave it for the next survivors than become zombie food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

say nothing, rejoin the group, then volunteer to take watch for the night.

when everyone is asleep I would tie them up so I had a ready supply of Braaaaaaaiiinnnns when I turned.

Oh, I'd bravely volunteer for a last stand ;)

Kromdar wrote: »
    if it got bad, i'd probably get a boat or something and sail out to sea, while writing a diary of my demise.

going out fighting is a great thought, i just dont want my last moments to be watching a horde of zombies gutting me. i'd rather do something useful like build a cache of supplies and leave it for the next survivors than become zombie food.

problem is, with the boat, you now become a drifting time bomb of infection. Yes you save your group but you are now loose on the ocean ready to come ashore on the beach of some (possibly uninfected) stretch of land. Spreading the infection or extending it's duration.

if you stock pile for some one else then you will still be there when they arrive, possibly reinfecting some innocent folks with, what will appear to them, your malicious and tempting death trap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭tagoona

Or you could sacrifice yourself and save someone else at the same time.....
    The ending is class
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gryenlQKTbE&feature=youtu.be

Mod: <embedded that video for everyone's viewing pleasure>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

If I got bit because they fcuked up, they'll be next.

If not, I'd defect to the enemy side, and turn them into zombies.

the_syco wrote: »
    If I got bit because they fcuked up, they'll be next.

If not, I'd defect to the enemy side, and turn them into zombies.

what enemy?
    Who is the enemy in your scenario?
    I am on the run with a small group and havent yet come across a group i would specifically call an enemy, just other seperate survivors.
    I dont really see a governor+woodbury vs rick and the prison as yet.
    Cant imagine something like that would arise for a number of years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the enemy is zombies...

the enemy is zombies...

my thought exactly, apparently the_syco just loves a scrap and zombies alone are not enough to alleviate the boredom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Maybe he's just a big mean psychopath who happens to be infected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

As a huge fan of all things zombie. I'd use the past witnessed "turning-time" as a guide on how long I had left.

Then I'd help my fellow man as much as I could. Killing as many zombies as possible until I was almost at the turning phase. Say good-bye to my loved ones. Then walk out into the biggest hoard I could find with a grenade in one hand, the pin in the other and a tear in my eye.

"Time to send you fcukers back to hell"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

Iv always been more of an "go down swinging" kind of guy.if my comrades had no way out,surrounded i would run out allowing them to follow behind me,i would attempt to take out as may zombies as possible then draw them to me allowing my comrades to escape.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I'd try and take out as many as possible.

Maybe lure a rake of them to an abandoned petrol station, one with some petrol left in the underground tanks. Rig it up to go, take out 50-100, do something useful before you check out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Dublinpato

Z Day in Ireland? sounds like a normal Friday night in Dublin city center, i mean they walk/Talk and smell like Zombies.

• Advertisement

Augmerson wrote: »
    I'd try and take out as many as possible.

Maybe lure a rake of them to an abandoned petrol station, one with some petrol left in the underground tanks. Rig it up to go, take out 50-100, do something useful before you check out.

Destroying a useful and limited resource in the process.

Giant pit would be better. Tho admittedly less available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

How would you know what you'd do unless it actually happened?

How would you know what you'd do unless it actually happened?

It's theoretical Paul, feel free to contribute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

how hard would it be to funnel a horde into an abandoned quarry pit, I know I can think of a few that would be deep enough to hold a few thousand with sheer enough edges that they couldn't climb, and if it looked feasible i'm sure we could fix up a few more asdeadpits, most quarry don't feed the water system so contamination isn't an issue

so what do ye think, is that a plausible scenario

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

If I took the "go down fighting" option I'd like to come up with a plan to take out as many Z's as possible. How long would I have to come up with a plan ? Is there an accepted time span between getting infected and becoming one of the undead ?

Tzar Chasm wrote: »
    how hard would it be to funnel a horde into an abandoned quarry pit, I know I can think of a few that would be deep enough to hold a few thousand with sheer enough edges that they couldn't climb, and if it looked feasible i'm sure we could fix up a few more asdeadpits, most quarry don't feed the water system so contamination isn't an issue

so what do ye think, is that a plausible scenario

Its exactly what I was thinking. all you would need is bait and pre-planed route.
    If the bait is un-bitten then they need an escape from the quarry (zip line to the other side maybe?)
    Then you can rely on the herd to push itself over lemming style. (dumptruck following behind with a brick on the accelerator?)
    Then simply put a fence around the quarry a few signs "Danger, giant pit of zombies. Proceed with caution" and let them rot.
    if you have the resources torch them, but I dont think it would be necessary.

Just have to make sure that the herd will follow the bait. a bitten victim willing to go down a hero with a box of fire crackers should hold enough attention. And make sure there is no way out or, as you say, no way to contaminate the water.

Don't forget that they can climb on top of each other, so you cannot over fill the pit or they will zombie pyramid to freedom.
    Duiske wrote: »
    If I took the "go down fighting" option I'd like to come up with a plan to take out as many Z's as possible. How long would I have to come up with a plan ? Is there an accepted time span between getting infected and becoming one of the undead ?

It is entirely poetically licensed. You have to decide how important you are to the situation. minor characters, bitten early on, can go a few days before they turn. But they are incredibly weak with sickness so you are often bed ridden.
    More major characters will be stronger and show less symptoms but will turn faster and at more unexpected intervals.

If you want an accurate timeline for an elaborate suicide plan then you will turn exactly at the crucial point of execution of your plan, not a second later. Thereby forcing one of your comrades into a highly dangerous situation. Standard.

Unless you are the comic relief, then you will probably last a while hiding your injury feel a bit under the weather before suddenly turning and almost killing someone before the group leader offs you. To prepare for this you will need to develop a unique character flaw early on so the leader can make a quip about it as he blows your head off.

Ah maybe so but can you imagine the Michael Bay-esque explosion?

I reckon there will be plenty of petrol lying around after the Zombie Apocalypse. Just sitting in the tanks of abandoned cars, trucks, all sorts of vehicles just lying out on the road, just need to siphon it.

Augmerson wrote: »
    Ah maybe so but can you imagine the Michael Bay-esque explosion?

I reckon there will be plenty of petrol lying around after the Zombie Apocalypse. Just sitting in the tanks of abandoned cars, trucks, all sorts of vehicles just lying out on the road, just need to siphon it.

the explosion would be cool, but my point is even tho there is petrol to light on fire it is now a limited resource.

youll need petrol to power generators, vechicles etc. and it has a shelf life, burning a large supply of it may be more costly than it would pre zday.. and setting a large uncontrolled fire when you have no back up (ok youll be dead anyway, but the people you are sacrificing for arent yet.) to put it out could be catastrophic.

not that it isnt a cool way to go, but if you are doing it to save your friends there are less risky ways

the explosion would be cool, but my point is even tho there is petrol to light on fire it is now a limited resource.

youll need petrol to power generators, vechicles etc. and it has a shelf life, burning a large supply of it may be more costly than it would pre zday.. and setting a large uncontrolled fire when you have no back up (ok youll be dead anyway, but the people you are sacrificing for arent yet.) to put it out could be catastrophic.

not that it isnt a cool way to go, but if you are doing it to save your friends there are less risky ways

GIVE ME MY FLAMING EXPLOSION! I WANT MY FLAMES! :p

• Advertisement

screw it, burn this looney. ;-) but you better have fireworks in your pocket. i want a light show

screw it, burn this looney. ;-) but you better have fireworks in your pocket. i want a light show

Oh gee whizz :D
    tumblr_lry3x3T3e41qf4d70o1_r1_500.gif
    My happy dance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Donny G

I'd have to tell my group as i'd want to say goodbye properly. But after that, i'd go down fighting and take as many of the flesh-eaters as possible to help my former comrades

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,602 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I'd take off and nuke the site from orbit

Skerries wrote: »
    I'd take off and nuke the site from orbit

needs more realism, actually.. does Ireland have anything capable of reaching orbit?

needs more realism, actually.. does Ireland have anything capable of reaching orbit?

i dont know, but, its the only way to be sure...

:D

• Advertisement

Debt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Option 2. It would be better to tell the group and let them shoot you in the head to stop you turning in a zombie. Option 1 is pure selfish and dangerous to the group. Option 3 seems selfless but you would still turn into a zombie who is a potential threat to your group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭silentrust

so, few weeks into the post z day in what ever scenario suits you best.
    (hiding with your family, on the run with friends roaming with a gang of bandits raping and pillaging)

all is well until you get bitten. a small injury, no-one else sees.

option 1. you can cover it up and deny its existence, leading you to get worse and worse until you eventually turn (at what is likely to be the worst moment) and attack your family/friends/bandit gang.

option 2. throw yourself on the mercy of your comrades, admit to being bit where they can decide to kill you there or then, keep you alive as long as possible in the hope of finding a cure. either way you put your self at their mercy.

option 3. Self sacrifice, feign having forgot your bag and need to run back, step outside the shelter into the cold night, find a pack of zombies and go down swinging. Possibly sacrificing your self to save your group.

Pick one. explain why.

We all know the decent thing to do would be to shoot yourself in the head immediately or have someone else do it, even if you're just sick you're going to be a burden on the rest of the group while they look after you. Sorry to sound harsh! :-D

harsh but fair.

"I am just going outside and may be some time"- bang...munch, munch, munch

harsh but fair.

"I am just going outside and may be some time"- bang...munch, munch, munch

then, they send a search team after you :D

• Advertisement

they'll find you, about 6 feet from the door with no head and zombies munching your belly..

I do think we have learned 1 thing from this thread. There is no true altruistic way to handle this situation, everything will have some downside, either your body will wash up on shore to reignite the plague, youll be entombed forever as a zombie time bomb, youll risk killing your friends with your suicide attempt, or have to force a loved one to off you. youll destroy valuable resources, call attention to your group.

I think the only answer is pick the lesser of the evils at the time and don't go easy.

they'll find you, about 6 feet from the door with no head and zombies munching your belly..

I do think we have learned 1 thing from this thread. There is no true altruistic way to handle this situation, everything will have some downside, either your body will wash up on shore to reignite the plague, youll be entombed forever as a zombie time bomb, youll risk killing your friends with your suicide attempt, or have to force a loved one to off you. youll destroy valuable resources, call attention to your group.

I think the only answer is pick the lesser of the evils at the time and don't go easy.

Anyone who's seen any zombie movie knows that conventional morality doesn't apply when someone's been bitten - shoot them in the head, you'll be doing them a favour by giving them a quick painless death rather than see them rise again to try and gnaw your brains out. :)

asking someone to do it wont be easy on them tho,
    Plus there is always the possibility of a cure. Cos you know they will find a cure about 20minutes after they blow your head off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭endacl

While I still had my wits about me I'd make my apologies and explain to the group that it wasn't them, it was me, but that the time had come for us to go our separate ways. Then I'd make my way to the Boardwalk in Dublin so I could be with 'my people'.

endacl wrote: »
    While I still had my wits about me I'd make my apologies and explain to the group that it wasn't them, it was me, but that the time had come for us to go our separate ways. Then I'd make my way to the Boardwalk in Dublin so I could be with 'my people'.

Best answer ever /\.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭endacl

silentrust wrote: »
    Best answer ever /\.
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

I would have sex with as many female zombies as i could until i turned.

Hammar wrote: »
    I would have sex with as many female zombies as i could until i turned.

better than dying a virgin i guess

BURN! :-D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

Sheeeeeeet,thats cold.

• Advertisement
Advertisement