Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passport info for U.S. Flight?

Options
  • 15-04-2013 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭

Hi Everyone,

I haven't been to the U.S. since the whole visa thing was brought in and was just wondering if I needed my passport details when booking my flight? I intend to book my flight next week for a September departure but my passport expires next month so my new passport details will be different when I'm flying over. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jennifer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

If eligible, you can apply for a visa waiver, which isn't a visa but allows you to enter the country without the visa.

To apply, you need to go here and the information you need to provide is explained here

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You don't need the information to book the flights, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

I'm not sure if it's the same for every airline, but I was in a similar situation with aer lingus a couple of years ago and they allow you to book without passport details, but you do have to provide the passport details before your travel date......you can do it with the manage booking section on the website and I assume by phone as well.

DON'T FORGET YOUR ESTA!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

lil_lisa wrote: »
    If eligible, you can apply for a visa waiver, which isn't a visa but allows you to enter the country without the visa.

To apply, you need to go here and the information you need to provide is explained here

The OP's passport expires next month so she should not apply for ESTA (what you call a 'visa waiver') until she gets her new passport as an ESTA expires with your passport.

OP, you do not need the passport data until closer to the flight when you have to supply advance passenger info (API) to Aer Lingus but you can go ahead and book the flights now no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

Sorry OP, I thought you were asking about the ESTA application. As mentioned above, you should be fine to book your flights before having your new passport issued.

• Advertisement
Advertisement