Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Homeland Season 3 *Spoilers*

Comments

Would it not be Farsi spoken by Persians? So it would make sense that Brody wouldn't understand it and that he didn't understand the Spanish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

how will the CIA manage if saul goes and carrie ends up in hospital again:)

they seem to be running the place on their own

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Its hard to see why they would go through this much hassle getting Brody in with a team of Americans and then hoping they will believe him and presuming he would be allowed enough access to take this guy to take him out when it would have been much easier to get Javadi to take him out by stealth by poisoning or whatever who is there on the ground with all sorts of devious tools,access and people at his disposal.

tipptom wrote: »
    Its hard to see why they would go through this much hassle getting Brody in with a team of Americans and then hoping they will believe him and presuming he would be allowed enough access to take this guy to take him out when it would have been much easier to get Javadi to take him out by stealth by poisoning or whatever who is there on the ground with all sorts of devious tools,access and people at his disposal.

ya mean like they did with bin laden:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭lukin

Yes it seems a bit silly. It's really only a way for the writers to get Brody involved in the storyline instead of having him waste away in that dump in Caracas or else get tried and executed back in the US.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Paully D wrote: »

Javadi is working for the CIA, as is Brody. Is Javadi oblivious that Brody has been recruited by the CIA or are they both in on this together?

No Javadi knows exactly what the plan is. Saul took him through it when he was convincing him to turn.
    The scene were the Iranian army popped up to capture Brody and his mate was a bit farcical though wasn't it? And the constant switching back for a close up of Carrie's face as the father of her child played the hero ... please!
    But of course I'll still be tuning in next week! :D

Is Saul meant to be making this audacious play to get the head job full time or just to avenge the Langly bombing?

Why did he not get Lockhart to withdraw from the job altogether because he had enough on him and could have even argued that he was subverting against his own country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Is Saul meant to be making this audacious play to get the head job full time or just to avenge the Langly bombing?

Why did he not get Lockhart to withdraw from the job altogether because he had enough on him and could have even argued that he was subverting against his own country.

in the national interest presumably?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

why are the iraaaanians speaking Arabic?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

and to save his own embarrassment of his wife being a vector to spy on the (acting) cia director

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

gavmcg92 wrote: »

Man, that article could be dropped into The Onion and would fit quite nicely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Well that was another heart stopping episode! The twists and turns just keep coming and the last few episodes really have been a return to Season 1 form.

I'm just not sure if Brody is gonna be coming out of this alive though....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Ah, Death by Ashtray. Brody sending an unsubtle message to Carrie - SMOKING KILLS!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Think he will need all his MacGyver skills and more to get out of that room alive.

After a poor start, this season really has delivered and last night's episode has set the scene for a great finale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Think he will need all his MacGyver skills and more to get out of that room alive.

After a poor start, this season really has delivered and last night's episode has set the scene for a great finale.

I dont think anyone saw that coming tbh! The writers have got to have something good to get him out of the room, i suppose there's no chance he could climb out the window??

He could possibly say that yer man was having a stroke and hit the ground explaining the bruise!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

He'll need to be interrogated seriously by the next person in the chain of command....it should be funny what they concoct between them. Once they don't get too drunk partying during the interview it should work out.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Wow, best episode in aaaages! Amazing twist, cant wait till next week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant episode.

Javadi is the only one who can get him out alive. Either that or he just walks out.

Excellent writing. Once the series got going there were lots of twists. Javadi killing the ex wife, now this.

Homeland is back to its best. Can't wait for next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

I would have used the fountain pen to the jugular, but the ashtray was the better option. Good choice Brody.

I have a plan for Brody to get out of the room; I wonder has he seen 'Weekend at Bernie's'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

How did he know Carries phone number? She rang him in the courtyard and he threw the phone away. Bit of a mistake me thinks...

PS. a few subtitles would have been nice..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

I would have used the fountain pen to the jugular, but the ashtray was the better option. Good choice Brody.

I have a plan for Brody to get out of the room; I wonder has he seen 'Weekend at Bernie's'

:D !!!

I was thinking the same !!!

Amazing episode .... btw Sauls face when he thought Brody was going to burn Javadi !!!!!! it's going to become an internet meme ... for sure :D

Roll on next week ... didn't think after BrBa there could be TV so good ... but it's a distant 2nd :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I don't get what the fuss is about subtitles. The important parts have had them while
    Carrie's check-in scene for example didn't as it was clearly just a routine scene that didn't require them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

How did he know Carries phone number? She rang him in the courtyard and he threw the phone away. Bit of a mistake me thinks...

I'm liking the lack of subtitles in some parts. Gets the brain ticking over trying to figure out what's going on. Perfect approach to a CIA type series.

Really enjoyed this weeks episode. They caught me out with Brody. Was sure he had turned again. Didn't see the assassination coming. Really looking forward to next week, to see how they get him out of there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Another great episode. Edge of your seat stuff! Really had my doubts about the season, the first number of episodes were really really poor - but it's picked up & all falls into place nicely!

Saw the twist coming but I didn't mind. Really good hour of TV.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I actually fell for it completely - and then I let out a big "HOLY F**K!!!" when he hit him with the ashtray. Top class tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭earlytobed

Dammit man learn the language!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

thats what the memory training was for when you a cia agent like he is now, you learn to remember things like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

thats what the memory training was for when you a cia agent like he is now, you learn to remember things like that

Also Carries number is the same as the one for the Samaritans. Its 1800 so dead cheap as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

You'd think the 'which side is Brody on?' thing would become old after a while, but nope, I get sucked in every time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Brody is like the super-assassin he lucks into killing any of his targets. I was actually hoping he would be killed by the mossad agents. I think the fallout would be good for the show.

• Advertisement

Ah Neeekolas, I knew you wouldn't let me down:)
    I knew he wasn't going to turn again.Well OK maybe he had me worried for a little while.
    It was similar to what happened in the last episode with Brody crossing the border when it looked like he had blown it.He always finds a way.Hopefully he will too to get away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Ya it's a bit far fetched at times but, bloody hell, it's great craic!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Tazium

Also Carries number is the same as the one for the Samaritans. Its 1800 so dead cheap as well.

ah lads... he called her Mobile not the Sat Phone :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,063 ✭✭✭BKtje

I don't get what the fuss is about subtitles. The important parts have had them while
    Carrie's check-in scene for example didn't as it was clearly just a routine scene that didn't require them

I didn't even notice during the check in. Guess my time spent here in Switzerland learning French didn't go to waste ;)

Almost gave up on it after the first few episodes but just watched the last 5 or so in a run and boy did I love it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Anyone hang around for the promo next time on homeland credits scene? They used Mass effect music! Specifically the brilliant "Leaving Earth." I recognised it instantly. Those inception horns are hard to miss.

Here it is.

And here is Mass effect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Decent episode - one question: I'm presuming Brody had to tell Abul Nazir's missus all about Javadi in order to get the meeting with yer man.

Has he killed her already or is that a fairly mega loose-end knocking about :confused:

Was I the only one left a bit unmoved by this,thought there was a bit deja vu in it,Brody in the vice presidents office,and the scence where there is going to be a hit on the square(what was the reasoning behind this unsociable leader turning up and then fecking of with no intentions of meeting Brody) is very like where they were trying to take out Abu Nazir in the first series.

Trying to go with the flow but I think its ridicules that they are bringing Brody over there with all the hassle when they could easily have used Javadi and Carrie and Mossad to do all this stuff on their own with the tools at their disposal,and their doesn't seem much respect from staff and secretaries towards a man that would be a leader In waiting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Well that was another heart stopping episode! The twists and turns just keep coming and the last few episodes really have been a return to Season 1 form.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if they killed him off and I don't think there's any way Carrie will start Season 4 with both him and a new baby in her life. I think at some point next week, she'll have to sacrifice one for the other. Or, more than likely, Brody will sacrifice himself to save her and the baby once he realises she's pregnant.

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Decent episode - one question: I'm presuming Brody had to tell Abul Nazir's missus all about Javadi in order to get the meeting with yer man.

Has he killed her already or is that a fairly mega loose-end knocking about :confused:

No, he only said he wanted to meet the Revolutionary Guard head guy to tell him something about Jahvadi. He didn't say what.

Trying to go with the flow but I think its ridicules that they are bringing Brody over there with all the hassle when they could easily have used Javadi and Carrie and Mossad to do all this stuff on their own with the tools at their disposal.

Yes they could have easily just had a sniper on a roof take out yer man when he came into the open to meet Brody. They didn't need Brody to actually do it. He could have just done a runner in the confusion afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

lukin wrote: »
    No, he only said he wanted to meet the Revolutionary Guard head guy to tell him something about Jahvadi. He didn't say what.
    Brody mentioned to the woman that someone had just tried to kill him so I wonder if they'll play it that Javadi got wind of Brody's intentions so tried to take him out before he could complete his terrorist mission.

lukin wrote: »
    Yes they could have easily just had a sniper on a roof take out yer man when he came into the open to meet Brody. They didn't need Brody to actually do it. He could have just done a runner in the confusion afterwards.
    If they did that there'd be serious blowback against either or both the US & Israel which is completely contrary to what Sauls intentions are with getting Javadi into that guys position which is to try and bring about peace and diplomatic ties. If hes killed by a rogue terrorist who's enemy #1 of the US then Iran can hardly turn around and blame the Americans for the assassination.

JohnK wrote: »
    Brody mentioned to the woman that someone had just tried to kill him so I wonder if they'll play it that Javadi got wind of Brody's intentions so tried to take him out before he could complete his terrorist mission.

If they did that there'd be serious blowback against either or both the US & Israel which is completely contrary to what Sauls intentions are with getting Javadi into that guys position which is to try and bring about peace and diplomatic ties. If hes killed by a rogue terrorist who's enemy #1 of the US then Iran can hardly turn around and blame the Americans for the assassination.
    But how can they have a rogue terrorist kill the leader in Iran and the Iranians not know that it was done on behalf of the Americans and then ghosted the killer back to America.
    Javadi could have easily arranged this hit with Mossad with nothing linked back to him and there should have been no reason why he could not have been put in place then.
    At the moment if it is found out that Brody has killed him,then Javadi would be in the firing line after interrogating him and let him wander around freely within a few days chatting on the phone without even a one guy keeping an eye on him,so if they didn't at least kill Javadi for this failure,he certainly would not be put in place as leader.

At the moment if it is found out that Brody has killed him,then Javadi would be in the firing line after interrogating him and let him wander around freely within a few days chatting on the phone without even a one guy keeping an eye on him,so if they didn't at least kill Javadi for this failure,he certainly would not be put in place as leader.

Saul must have thought of that already. He obviously doesn't think the Iranians will blame Javadi for the assassination. If he did he wouldn't allow the mission in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

It's a bit of craic alright but boy there are some really bad actors in this. Yer man playing the senator is a joke and Quinn is muck too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

I'd put my money on Brody dieing with his name "cleared" leaving his Daughter and son he never mentions to lead a somewhat normal life.

• Advertisement
Advertisement