Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Homeland Season 3 *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Why is there a 80 second intro? Do they think that poorly of their writing too?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

None of that episode made any sense whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

I'm quitting this show. I was an avid fan and now actively hate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

I thought Brody was going to kill the doctor to save the young fella at least.

Massive improvement over the first two ep's but it was very flawed.

I read a rumor that we won't see Brody again until the season is nearly over so more Dana to look forward to next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Somewhat better, but also a bit of a strange episode.
    Pero... Esme me gusta mucho!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭vepyewwo

It says it all really when the only highlight of the episode is no Dana.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Always happens with shows that have a certain unique storyline to base the first series on.

They are left with dragging it out while the storyline deteriorates or trying to reinvent itself. Both usually end in disaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

How do you get from Canada to Venezula via Colombia !!

More to the point how do you get from being an edge of the seat drama to what we have now ??

I can't give up but I don't see it getting better.

Even the editing is terrible. Watch the 2 guys behind the terrorist woman who brought Brody to the mosque. Now you see em, now you don't, now they're back again only further back along the path, now the one on the left is ahead of the one on the right whereas previously he was behind him. Simple errors.

At least though we had another episode with a sex scene. I kind of expect it now in every episode :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

That's me done too. What an awful, awful episode.

homer_jump_the_shark1.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Sounds like ye've just saved me some bandwidth. Another Prison Break!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

My stream actually stopped 20 minutes in, I think it was trying to tell me something :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Eugggh it's getting worse and worse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I agree it's heading the way of shows like Dexter - bearable based on its characters and the time the viewer has invested in them, and not the actual storyline - which is rather inexcusable in season 3. Not sure what to make of that episode, was a bit all over the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

That episode was truly a pile of steaming sh1te. Horrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Terrible episode, terrible season. Homeland is going downhill fast. Such a shame as it was formally a great show. I wonder if the writing or production team has changed as the quality has deteriorated significantly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

WOW what one earth did I just watch? Now I have to upload this muck back to maintain my ratio....I feel Im doing a disservice by uploading it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

You mean like they did to Roya and Brody?

Roya didn't work for the CIA. She was a journalist.

zarquon wrote: »
    Terrible episode, terrible season. Homeland is going downhill fast. Such a shame as it was formally a great show. I wonder if the writing or production team has changed as the quality has deteriorated significantly.

I wonder if they got pressure from the government.

I've never seen a show decline so dramatically.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Heisenberg hair cut and back street clinic rehab for Brody, certainly a reminder of the scars he has. Maybe a touch Jack Baueresque, I don't know. Bouncing back from a gunshot is easier than doing so from a psych ward, but not really. Carrie has her scars, too. She has her family (with limits), and needs to regain her strength, also. Both cared for by strangers, really. She's always played a game or two around the white coat types, iirc, so the scene with the psychiatrist fitted - her muddled clarity - as did her later distress. Brody recovering the body of the guy who was thrown down the hole felt quite like something he'd do. Less keen on Miss 'take me with you' for the inclusion of that line, yack! Loyalties tested, and maintained.

I expect we'll have a 'holy crap' moment around episode 5 or 6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Bit of a blanket question..

Perhaps the lack of activity on here tells it's own story..

Just happened to see Brody's return after watching the football.

Is it worth catching up on this season - I stopped about 20 mins into episode one because I found it so dreadful, but had hoped Brody's return might make it all worthwhile..

• Advertisement

Please ignore the above.

I really should have read the previous posts before asking.

Decent show at times, but highly overhyped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

So why was the peadophile doctor so interested in getting Brody hooked on heroin? :confused:
    I'm guessing maybe he figures he can get control a strung out Brody and cash him in for the $10 million?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Shockingly bad

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

That's the worst episode ever of Homeland,simply awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Feeling the love for Homeland in the last few posts! Might go back to it later in the season if the reviews improve but the last two episodes have been complete cack. They shouldve wrapped up this show ages ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

That was the best episode of the season so far but it still sucked. It was interesting to see Brody again even if the storyline was bizarre. I really liked the imam given the shows normal attitude towards Muslims. The doctor gave me some serious creeps, so well done to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭8mv

Like last week, I feel I'm the only one on this thread that's enjoying the current season. I like that the writers / producers opted for an episode with Carrie and Brody the only recognisable characters - no CIA, no Brody's family. I thought it was intriguing and sets up the season nicely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Feeling the love for Homeland in the last few posts! Might go back to it later in the season if the reviews improve but the last two episodes have been complete cack. They shouldve wrapped up this show ages ago.

Agree...they should have wrapped it up at the end of season 1 with Brody pushing the button in the underground bunker.

As others have alluded to above,imho this is now challenging 24 in the flogging-a-decent-idea-to-death stakes

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Agree...they should have wrapped it up at the end of season 1 with Brody pushing the button in the underground bunker.

As others have alluded to above,imho this is now challenging 24 in the flogging-a-decent-idea-to-death stakes

The difference is that 24 was able to maintain a pretty high level of quality throughout its run (season 5 being the best). Homeland has pretty much disintegrated, due to trying to drag a storyline much further than it naturally should be drawn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Missed last night's episode because of it's later time schedule. Can anybody tell me when it is repeated on RTE?

Not sure about repeats but it can be watched on the RTÉ Player and on the app.

No registration required. Might save you waiting.

Not sure about repeats but it can be watched on the RTÉ Player and on the app.

No registration required. Might save you waiting.

Thanks Mick but unfortunately I don't have broadband in the house and only have Saorview tv.

Anybody else know when last night's episode will be repeated on Network 2 although judging by the previous posts I don't think I missed much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Its starting to feel like Prison Break. Ridiculous new story line just for the sake of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Missed last night's episode because of it's later time schedule. Can anybody tell me when it is repeated on RTE?
    I don't think it's repeated on RTE. If you have Channel 4 then last night's episode is on Sunday night at 9pm.

DeepBlue wrote: »
    I don't think it's repeated on RTE. If you have Channel 4 then last night's episode is on Sunday night at 9pm.

That's great. Thanks

• Advertisement

Against my better judgement, I caught up with the most recent episode last night.

Really clunky and confusing episode - hard to see where this show is going at the moment tbh.

I'm sure they'll come up with some half-baked plot device to link everything back together later in the series, maybe an undercover mole at CTU will capture Jack Bauer after he escapes from Caracas...oh wait.. wrong show ;)

Actually feel kinda sorry for Claire Danes, her performance deserves a much better script than this schlock

Against my better judgement, I caught up with the most recent episode last night.

Really clunky and confusing episode - hard to see where this show is going at the moment tbh.

I'm sure they'll come up with some half-baked plot device to link everything back together later in the series, maybe an undercover mole at CTU will capture Jack Bauer after he escapes from Caracas...oh wait.. wrong show ;)

Actually feel kinda sorry for Claire Danes, her performance deserves a much better script than this schlock

She's producing it this season. Don't feel sorry for her,if anything blame her.

She's producing it this season. Don't feel sorry for her,if anything blame her.

Cheers, didn't know that.....Claire Danes can consider my sympathy withdrawn forthwith :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,797 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Well,
    That's me finished with it.

Yet another US show that was written, most likely, to be a one season show but due to it's success was extended to more leaving it ripe for getting to this stage.
    The first season was great - second season OK.
    Three episodes into this season and I've seen enough. I had no interest in watching episode 3 which focused on yet another spell for Carrie in the clinic and a completely daft escapade in a NAMA held block of unfinished flats.
    Episode 2 was just about bearable.

kippy wrote: »
    Well,
    That's me finished with it.

Yet another US show that was written, most likely, to be a one season show but due to it's success was extended to more leaving it ripe for getting to this stage.
    The first season was great - second season OK.
    Three episodes into this season and I've seen enough. I had no interest in watching episode 3 which focused on yet another spell for Carrie in the clinic and a completely daft escapade in a NAMA held block of unfinished flats.
    Episode 2 was just about bearable.

It was episode 2 that broke the camels back for me. If episode 3 was even worse than 2 then I'm pretty glad I havent wasted another hour of my life trying to watch it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

The writers clearly had no idea what to do with Brody. I was really hoping we might get him somehow trying to prove his innocence but instead we get him trapped in some tower block getting addicted to heroin. Lazy and completely uninspired.

With regard to Claire Daines, her acting is indeed superb but there an article in The Guardian addressing how her mental illness is being written which kind of opened my eyes, especially since it was written by someone who suffers from Bipolar II (I wasn't even aware there were different types)

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2013/oct/17/homeland-carrie-mental-health-disorders-bipolar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

There is a reason Osama Bin Laden didn't go to south America - everything there has a price, red headed idiots with $10m on their head dead or alive being especially tasty. Caracas does not have towerblocks like that, 2000AD and Judge Dredd does and that was a very good comicbook and serial.
    In reality, Brody could have grown a beard, and gone fishing in the Aran islands for the rest of his days.
    Homeland left reality behind a long time ago.

There is a reason Osama Bin Laden didn't go to south America - everything there has a price, red headed idiots with $10m on their head dead or alive being especially tasty. Caracas does not have towerblocks like that, 2000AD and Judge Dredd does and that was a very good comicbook and serial.
    In reality, Brody could have grown a beard, and gone fishing in the Aran islands for the rest of his days.
    Homeland left reality behind a long time ago.

Nobody ever does this in TV or film!! I feel like Ireland should be a very good place to hide as a fugitive Hollywood doesn't take advantage of that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Tbh I think the only way they could have realistically brought Brody into it was if he was caught and brought back to the US. This shíte in Venezuela is just going to drag on and piss me off.

Tbh I think the only way they could have realistically brought Brody into it was if he was caught and brought back to the US. This shíte in Venezuela is just going to drag on and piss me off.

They could have brought him back to the Middle East in an attempt to find out who set him up. What was his plan wander around aimlessly, hoping Carrie would do it for him?

Sorry, I'm not angry with you, just the writers have completely written themselves into a corner. Season 2 was ridiculously stupid and Season 3 looks as though it's going to be ridiculously boring. More Saul and Quinn please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

I'm out too, that's the last episode of Homeland I'll watch. The first season was very good, the 2nd season was a bit silly and that last episode was so bad it was almost comical.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭John Dodger

recipio wrote: »
    We got enough lip pouting and eyebrow raising from Carrie in the first episode - face it, she's as daft as a brush.
    A Muslim CIA analyist is beyond belief and Dana is becoming a grade A sourpuss. God, I hope it moves on.

The CIA have many Muslim analysts & agents (would be very strange if they didn't). There was a prominent Muslim analyst in seasons 1 & 2 (Glavez).

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭John Dodger

Do people not realize that she's supposed to be playing a crazy person? She plays it perfectly IMO, annoying it may be, nonetheless.

While I agree with you that she is playing a character very well albeit an annoying character, mental health problems does not make someone "crazy". Carrie had been anything but crazy & has been right about almost everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

sassyj wrote: »
    I wouldn't consider wearing a head scarf political though, it's a religious observance.
    Actually, I'd argue it's a cultural phenomenon rather than a religious one.
    recipio wrote: »
    If I worked for the CIA I'm imagine paranoia would be a daily obsession. Would you trust a new Muslim operative straight off.? I'd want her frisked and x-rayed and would read her dossier ten times regardless of what's on her cv. I suspect Carrie will have that attitude when she puts in the ( inevietable ) return
    Nope, I don't think so. Nor did I think the point that Saul was going for was to be anti-Islamic. What I took from it was he was pissed about seeing so many friends getting killed, and she can wear it, but she better be doing a damn good job because it can be seen as disrespectful.

I haven't watched the latest ep yet. I might get to it later, though will not be checking back on the thread till I'm current as to whenever I post.

• Advertisement
Advertisement