Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Homeland Season 3 *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

The guy that came in to the office when Saul was talking to the analyst chick,cant think of his name but they seemed to put a play on a lot of awkwardness and long pauses,seems like there was a bit of mistrust being fed to us In some way about him from Saul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Dar Adal, Black Ops guy.
    From IMDb: "David Estes brings him in to oversee the Brody taskforce. But Saul is not clear on Adal's true motives or mandate"

beazee wrote: »
    Dar Adal, Black Ops guy.
    From IMDb: "David Estes brings him in to oversee the Brody taskforce. But Saul is not clear on Adal's true motives or mandate"
    Ah thanks for that,so they are just bearing that out rather than him being another suspect plant......unlike Sauls wife!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Just been renewed for a 4th season too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Season 4 confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Cartel Mike

The mystery Iranian guy who helped plant the bomb is going to have his representative approach Carey and now meet her in person essentially asking her to spy..... He's also goin to trust her not to dob.

Of course he is, who didn't see that comming.

And when Carey gets back into the CIA and it's revealed that it was all a big ploy , the original government investigation into her will already have been dropped and forgotten about . Also, any investigation into how the CIA missed the fact that Brody was turned and helped bomb CIA headquarters will be forgotten and forgiven by the Government and the American people.

Totally natural .
    I want to work for Homeland Security.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

I want to work for Homeland Security.
    Most Homeland Security jobs require U.S. citizenship and successful completion of a full background investigation and drug screening
    http://www.dhs.gov/how-do-i/get-homeland-security-job

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Another very good episode IMO. The intro was way too long though, must have been close to 4 minutes.

My biggest worry now is that they'll dedicate the next episode to Brody in South America, and ruin the progress of the last 2 episodes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

Totally implausible. Just ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭lukin

It was an OK ep I thought. Dana's latest pointless storyline has wrapped up thank God. Her role this season is pure filler.
    I was really surprised at Saul's reaction when Quinn told him Carrie had been captured. He didn't seem to give a s***e.
    I know she can look after herself as she has proved already but she is on her own and Saul and Quinn have no idea who has her.

• Advertisement

lukin wrote: »
    It was an OK ep I thought. Dana's latest pointless storyline has wrapped up thank God. Her role this season is pure filler.
    I was really surprised at Saul's reaction when Quinn told him Carrie had been captured. He didn't seem to give a s***e.
    I know she can look after herself as she has proved already but she is on her own and Saul and Quinn have no idea who has her.

Saul will go to any lengths to catch whomever bombed Langley, even sacrifice Carrie.

The Dana storyline is ridiculous. What self respecting CIA agent would risk an entire operation to track a teenage runaway. Stupid stupid plot line.

My money is still on Brody for bombing Langley.

Saul will go to any lengths to catch whomever bombed Langley, even sacrifice Carrie.
    I always thought he had a fatherly attitude to Carrie. I can't believe he would be so heartless to her.
    The Dana storyline is ridiculous. What self respecting CIA agent would risk an entire operation to track a teenage runaway. Stupid stupid plot line.

Maybe it was the writers's showing that Carrie was more human than your average CIA agent.

lukin wrote: »
    I always thought he had a fatherly attitude to Carrie. I can't believe he would be so heartless to her.

Maybe it was the writers's showing that Carrie was more human than your average CIA agent.

So did I. But things change. I think he's very angry about losing 200 colleagues.

Maybe the writers showing she's stupid and that Brody did actually blow it up because she's not on the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Ok...so the running order for tonights viewing is:

Boardwalk Empire
    Masters of Sex pt.5
    Master of Sex pt.6
    Ripper Street
    The Good Wife
    Atlantis

and if I get insomnia

Homeland

How the mighty have faded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

very clever sesame street take on the homeland looking for the big bad wolf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

An average episode for this series but it's starting to gather some pace in the grimy, convoluted way that I sort of like for a CIA type show like this.

Definitely not the best thing on TV at the moment but I have to say I'm enjoying it and don't see myself tuning out any time soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

But do they know?!? The reference to Yoga at the end leaves me guessing?

This episode was what i would expect from Homeland. Twists, turns and leaving you waiting for next week.

Good stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

dfbemt wrote: »
    But do they know?!? The reference to Yoga at the end leaves me guessing?

That, and the whole set up of the interview room has me nervous for Carrie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

I enjoyed tonight's episode.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Told ya they were going to kick things up a notch or two in episode 5 or 6...

Yes, Carrie, you're due an appointment to flush your meds down the loo again. Once they don't have her bouncing in and out of mental health wards for the rest of the season...presumably not now. Romeo and Juliet reference, subtle! I forgot Max and Virgil's role exact this point, in previous seasons - were they completely private contractors, but would occasionally work for the CIA (Carrie), now they're on Saul's dime, is it? Glad Dana saw through whatever his name tool boy, decent scene. Should have figured the dick of a Senator was top of the Director list once he name dropped his overseas KFOR experience. Plank. Nice speech from Saul, though. 2 weeks for him to keep an eye on Carrie and Iran before he's dismissed or thrown into some non-influential post (unlikely). Who knows. Don't think many could get past Quinn, but he was keeping his distance, so what's in store now with Mr. Hamburger Javadi?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I enjoyed it, the whole set up of Carrie earlier in the series was a drag, but now with the last two episodes - things are moving in the right direction.

Dana and her family could do with being wiped out in a terrorist attack, preferred Dana's mother in V...

Maybe Carrie tried to help out with finding Dana due to her love for Brody.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

Poor old Saul. Senator guy (Mr. Drone Attack Walden mark 2 methinks) gets his job and then he comes home to find Mira having dinner with the Man from Mumbai.

Glad Dana got sense and came home. Hopefully we'll see less of them for a while.

Would Carrie's doctor sister not be monitoring her meds, even unknown to her?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Radio5 wrote: »
    Poor old Saul. Senator guy (Mr. Drone Attack Walden mark 2 methinks) gets his job and then he comes home to find Mira having dinner with the Man from Mumbai.

Glad Dana got sense and came home. Hopefully we'll see less of them for a while.

Would Carrie's doctor sister not be monitoring her meds, even unknown to her?

The whole Brody family story really feels like it's in the wrong programme...more 'Home and Away' than 'Homeland' :pac::pac::pac::pac:

Not a bad episode last night....more of that and less of Brody fluting about in South America and it's watchable hokum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Jesus that was some episode ... I've never seen such violence on the show.

HArd enough scene to watch, what the hell was Carrie's 100 positive pregnancy test kits about ???

Well, now we know why she won't take her meds. Presumably with the amount of tests the kid is Brody's?

Good episode though, strange to see such violence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,274 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Fairly meh episode, hopefully it might be the end of the Brody family story for a while at least, otherwise it didnt really move on much from the previous week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

That's why I love Homeland. Such a good episode. I must be in the minority, but I'm also enjoying the Dana. I like the way it's loosely mirroring what Carie is going through.

Some extreme violence this episode too which we haven't really seen for a while on this series. Really got the blood flowing creating a bit of shock and pace for the episode.

Not sure where they go from here but I'm enjoying how the series has picked up some pace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Wow cracking episode. Fast paced and loads happening.

Dana's brother needs slapped about though, what a pathetic non-entity of a human being he is.

Dana's brother must be getting paid by the word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

It was that or pay him for every time he was told to leave the room - 98% of the budget gone right there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Who were the 2 ppl the iranian lad killed?

Shane St. wrote: »
    Who were the 2 ppl the iranian lad killed?

Seriously? Did you not watch the whole episode?

Made the mistake of reading this comment before watching the episode. Any drama of the Brody scenes was ruined for me because I was too busy laughing at Chris trying to silently emote.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Good man, Saul. At the peanut butter again, I see. Max and the other analyst now in the loop.

The Carrie polygraph scene was bound to be short as the show's been down that sort of road a few times. More to come next week, possibly. The bottle scene was indeed particularly gruesome (though the first death and the four bodies shown in the photo were enough to slap a heartless bastard fridge magnet on Javadi's head). I did like Quinn's coolness upon entering the house when telling him to stop. I presume the drone thing for tracking is closer to one of those fairly small ones that's about the size of a car wheel. I'm not sure I fully bought him hanging around at the golf club place after letting Carrie go, but I like Saul having an opposite number to go after.

Didn't really have an issue with Dana scenes. Not sure how to read the Adal scene with the senator. I'd guess he trusts Saul more, hopefully. Tbh, the senator remains somewhat cartoon ish. Yes, in TVland someone like him is bound to invite themselves in to clear house before getting the gig, but he's still a dick. Glad Carrie did actually heed some advice and rested. Pregnancy tests...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

The Brody family storyline is getting increasingly ridiculous....real wtf stuff that is completely out of sync with everything else

The violence was a bit OTT too imho....it was already well established that yer man was cold-hearted, menacing etc...did we really need to see someone's brains blown out all over a wall or his ex-wife sliced up with a bottle?

Not a prude when it comes to violence/gore at all but it was used so clumsily here I found it really jarring.

So Carrie is knocked up; hardly a surprise with the amount of sleeping around she does although you would think she would take precautions. Really liked Saul's rabbit punch, I didn't know he had it in him. His "history" with Javadi is a bit too Jack Bauer-ish though.
    Javadi's garrotting of his ex-wife was really gruesome, I had to cover my eyes.
    Dana has moved out;yawn. Hopefully her friend lives in a far off galaxy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

The violence was totally over the top,gruesome and not necessary.Yeah defo hope Dana's friend lives in a galaxy light years away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

seligehgit wrote: »
    The violence was totally over the top,gruesome and not necessary.Yeah defo hope Dana's friend lives in a galaxy light years away.

;) I think its a technique they evolved - lots of tense conversation then suddenly wham - intense violence - makes you sit up ?
    Still no sign of Brody - I'd love to know who planted the bomb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

The violence was totally over the top,gruesome and not necessary

he just did that and now they're going to have let him away with it

recipio wrote: »
    ;) I think its a technique they evolved - lots of tense conversation then suddenly wham - intense violence - makes you sit up ?
    Still no sign of Brody - I'd love to know who planted the bomb.

Yeah sure did make me sit up!!!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Didn't even blink when Git got killed in Love/Hate.

Barely flinched during any of the Spartacus series.

But by gosh, that bottle scene last night made me squirm!

Watched the episode back,thought it was definitely the best thus far this season.Anybody suspect the brooding Quinn has a thing for Carrie??Think there's chemistry there.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

I thought the bottle scene was well used, and to be honest it was probably needed. I don't think it's unfair to say the show had been in a bit of a slump for a good while and I felt the violence worked well to make me sort of take the show seriously again and it will probably work well to make things a bit darker from Saul's perspective in the likely upcoming interrogation of Javadi. Thought it cleverly used as the boiling over of tension that had been built up throughout the episode too, which was by far the best episode of the series so far.

All this role reversal stuff,Saul not caring about Carrie anymore as long as she gets his man and now the human cyborg Quinn mooning around Carrie like a love struck puppy.

Quinn has had a thing for Carrie since about the second or third episode they were in together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

vitani wrote: »
    Quinn has had a thing for Carrie since about the second or third episode they were in together.

he shuda killed brody then and 'consoled' her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

I think the bottle scene is one of those scenes where you're literally supposed to just look away, like they meant the viewers to react that way. That's how I felt anyway. Watched only a split second of it and heard the rest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

The violence was totally over the top,gruesome and not necessary..

they seemed to have replaced the OTT and uneccessary bad language with violence in this series

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Riskymove wrote: »
    they seemed to have replaced the OTT and uneccessary bad language with violence in this series

Ah here ... maybe ye of a more sensitive variety should watch shows more suited to family viewing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Ah here ... maybe ye of a more sensitive variety should watch shows more suited to family viewing.

you misunderstand..I have no problem with violence or bad language in programmes...I love sopranos, wire etc...but it has to fit in

I feel the cursing in the first couple of series was just put in for shock value and felt really out of place with the rest of the programme....it got annoying and as I say, seems to be really reduced in this series

Advertisement