Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Homeland Season 3 *Spoilers*

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

5c34d91c3fa011e388ea22000a1f9318_8.jpg

Yer wan who plays Dana posted this on her social feed. Didn't know Mr. Costner plays guitar. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Riskymove wrote: »
    you misunderstand..I have no problem with violence or bad language in programmes...I love sopranos, wire etc...but it has to fit in

I feel the cursing in the first couple of series was just put in for shock value and felt really out of place with the rest of the programme....it got annoying and as I say, seems to be really reduced in this series

Well I didn't consider it to be over the top... as in unnecessary.

The bottle scene, whilst gruesome, I felt was important to show caliber of a man they are now dealing with and the lengths he will go to to get revenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Well I didn't consider it to be over the top... as in unnecessary.

The bottle scene, whilst gruesome, I felt was important to show caliber of a man they are now dealing with and the lengths he will go to to get revenge.

Agree, and one of the reasons for the success of the show is their inclusion of some graphic sex and violence. ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

One thing I'm glad they toned down are the Brody **** scenes. Almost dropped the show because of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

5c34d91c3fa011e388ea22000a1f9318_8.jpg

Yer wan who plays Dana posted this on her social feed. Didn't know Mr. Costner plays guitar. :pac:
    Knew Waterworld would be the end of Kevin Costners career but reduced to busking in supermarkets?!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

snausages wrote: »
    One thing I'm glad they toned down are the Brody **** scenes. Almost dropped the show because of that.

I think Jessica has even managed to keep her clothes on every episode this season.

snausages wrote: »
    Ah jaysus,hardly think they were going to have him bashing the bishop in every episode,more unbelievable that he could not go the full way with superbabe Jess and could with Carrie,no probs for uncle Mike though,he knew what was going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭alanc2003

vitani wrote: »
    I think Jessica has even managed to keep her clothes on every episode this season.

might be something to do with her being pregnant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭lukin

alanc2003 wrote: »

I noticed she is after putting on a few pounds this season. Doesn't take from her though, she is still a stunner.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

lukin wrote: »
    I noticed she is after putting on a few pounds this season. Doesn't take from her though, she is still a stunner.

She does'nt do it for me,now Brody's wife .... nice!!!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    The bottle scene, whilst gruesome, I felt was important...
    And what if it was to alarm his buddies?

He's there incognito, he only went out to collect the material from his informer (Carrie) and then, bang!, every news is talking about this horrific murder of an American mother and her Iranian mother-in-law while the baby was left untouched, and Javadi went missing (a long interrogation to follow)?

Seems no-brainer and won't pass unnoticed.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

seligehgit wrote: »
    She does'nt do it for me,now Brody's wife .... nice!!!:pac:

that's Jessica

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭KAGY

alanc2003 wrote: »

Yup, enjoy seeing how they hide the bump, like behide a pack of cereal.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Interrogations, interrogations...

Clark Johnson's directed a few episodes. Good to see him in front of the camera. In a way, though, his character might be where there was a bit of an issue with this one. They really went out of the way to give voice to a certain portion of the audience by having him, the Senator and and Quinn spell out how messy this business is. I don't care much for the Senator's take, it's obvious. Detective every day man, I can buy (and like) and Quinn's doubts seem about where that character ought to be.

Loved how they locked the Senator in the conference room, although at this point the whole set up and mission feels a little like Saul trying to keep his job. Wonder if there'll be trouble up the road for Quinn. I'd be fairly crapping it if I had been turned and shipped home again (mirroring Brody there, then?)...were this 24 there would have been a bomb under the car.

The question of the Langley bombing, tbh, I think this has faded too much for it to have that much urgency. It's a year in viewing time since we saw it, much shorter in creative drama time. Yeah, it would be interesting to know who, but...I don't if I care compared to what else is going on.

'Civilian **** monkey'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Been fairly critical of a lot of the last season or so of this show, particularly the first half of this one, but I thought that was a very enjoyable episode. For sure it wasn't particularly subtle, particularly Quinn's little subplot, but it was good fun and there was some decent forward progress of the general story. Like the poster before me though, I'm not particularly interested in finding more about the Langley bombing. Brody was either involved or he wasn't, doesn't really change a whole lot overall.
    But still, I'm glad I stuck with it after seriously considering not bothering after a few episodes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

who hate's saul's wife more then dana

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

who hate's saul wife more then dana

*puts hand up*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

who hate's saul's wife more then dana

What gets me is how he's always banging on about how beautiful she is, when she looks like a man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

What gets me is how he's always banging on about how beautiful she is, when she looks like a man.

I'm not a fan of her, but thats just kind of a sh**ty thing to say

And she bombed Langly with her boyfriend who makes her laugh!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Brendan Filone

Senator Lockhart's reaction when he found out about Carrie working with Saul was hilarious:

ibfwlUqDvU0xwN.gif

Reminded me of this:

Antonio-Banderas-computer-you-got-me-yospos-reaction-13677939419.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

I thought it was quite smart of the Iranian lad to send Carrie his lawyer's way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

tipptom wrote: »
    And she bombed Langly with her boyfriend who makes her laugh!!

:eek: Eh..........where did you get that from ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Senator Lockhart's reaction when he found out about Carrie working with Saul was hilarious:

Reminded me of this:

Saul was brilliant in that. Some great comments from him. "Make me." and "Senator Lockhart has managed to lock himself in the conference room." being the pick of the bunch. :D

recipio wrote: »
    :eek: Eh..........where did you get that from ?
    It was a joke.

I thought it was quite smart of the Iranian lad to send Carrie his lawyer's way.

I laughed out loud at his line about your man not being his lawyer anymore.

I'm enjoying the season a lot now and thought that this episode was particularly strong. I can't say I miss Brody at all, so knowing my luck, he'll have a full episode devoted to him soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 lordRothery

Good episode, very enjoyable, how many in this season ?

12 , is that the showtime standard ?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 lordRothery

Reminded me of this:

Antonio-Banderas-computer-you-got-me-yospos-reaction-13677939419.gif

:) Where is this from ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Good episode, very enjoyable, how many in this season ?

12 , is that the showtime standard ?
    Each season so far has been 12 episodes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Easily the best episode of the series so far:

- No Brody
    - No Brody's wife
    - No Brody's kids
    - Some really good scenes/acting with Saul and Lockhart
    - Some really good scenes/acting with Saul and Javadi
    - Quinn/Carrie storyline trundling along nicely
    - Clark Johnson from the Wire making an appearance as the Detective

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

It really wouldn't bother me if Brody didnt come back into it but you know hes there for another season with carrie been pregnant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,797 ✭✭✭✭kippy

It really wouldn't bother me if Brody didnt come back into it but you know hes there for another season with carrie been pregnant.

I doubt Carries baby is Brodys.......just going on the timelines.

kippy wrote: »

Episode 1 of Season 3 was only 2 months since the Langley bombing and she was taken into the hospital within a couple of days of that.

So, if we presume that she took one test a day before she got committed, the drawer full of tests could easily represent probably about a month of her knowing she was pregnant, which would tie in perfectly into the timeline, if the baby was Brody's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

kippy wrote: »

can't see any other interesting storyline if it isn't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Riskymove wrote: »
    can't see any other interesting storyline if it isn't

Hopefully the father is that random fella she banged a couple of times a few episodes ago.

They could then cut Brody out of the plot altogether and launch his own spin-off series. Jessica would have a series of weekly misadventures whilst travelling through South America trying to reach him; Dana could have a new love interest in each episode and the brother could build himself up to a full line of dialogue in by the end of season 1. Meanwhile, Brody sulks around Caracas wondering if he should grow his hair back and/or get a tattoo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I'm pleasently surprised by how little Brody has featured this season. It has made the season a lot more enjoyable. Hopefully it is a test that proves they dont need Brody and can now kill him off at the end of this season or at some point next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Hopefully the father is that random fella she banged a couple of times a few episodes ago.

They could then cut Brody out of the plot altogether and launch his own spin-off series. Jessica would have a series of weekly misadventures whilst travelling through South America trying to reach him; Dana could have a new love interest in each episode and the brother could build himself up to a full line of dialogue in by the end of season 1. Meanwhile, Brody sulks around Caracas wondering if he should grow his hair back and/or get a tattoo.

OK, now something realistic. Nidge moves to Caracas and sets up a knocking shop / tattoo parlour with Brody. Fran brings Jessica back to his caravan for some tender loving and poitin with mushroom soup. Meanwhile Saul confronts the truth and admits his lifelong passion for the Iranian spymaster. They live happily ever after in Carrigstown (lodging with Leo). Quinn or whatever that CIA hitman is called becomes a traffic warden for blind children. Brody's missus moves in with me (spare room at first but i have ambitions). The CIA turns out to actually be a computer virus dreamed up by Julian Assuange in the Ecuadorian embassy in London.
    You see, scriptwriting is easy when drunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Ok, I'm officially confused now.

So, Saul's Wife's lover is oh so conveniently a spy. For whom? The dodgy lawyer?

Despite the spider tattoo man in Caracas previously name checking Carrie, it's actually Saul who is Brody's 'benefactor'. Why has he suddenly flown down to South America to see himnow?

Also, the writers of Homeland really need to check out Breaking Bad when it comes to the disposing of corpses via acid - never do it in a bathtub people!!

Also, the writers of Homeland really need to check out Breaking Bad when it comes to the disposing of corpses via acid - never do it in a bathtub people!!

Yeah, but the motel looked scummy anyway. So what if theres a hole in the floor in the morning. Normal wear and tear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

True.

Would the treatment she got have implications for the baby? Or I wonder did the doctors in the mental hospital do a pregnancy test while she was there?

OK, now something realistic. Nidge moves to Caracas and sets up a knocking shop / tattoo parlour with Brody. Fran brings Jessica back to his caravan for some tender loving and poitin with mushroom soup. Meanwhile Saul confronts the truth and admits his lifelong passion for the Iranian spymaster. They live happily ever after in Carrigstown (lodging with Leo). Quinn or whatever that CIA hitman is called becomes a traffic warden for blind children. Brody's missus moves in with me (spare room at first but i have ambitions). The CIA turns out to actually be a computer virus dreamed up by Julian Assuange in the Ecuadorian embassy in London.
    You see, scriptwriting is easy when drunk.
    Hope Brodys wife has a secure lock on that spare room door for when you come home drunk:D

tipptom wrote: »
    Hope Brodys wife has a secure lock on that spare room door for when you come home drunk:D

Funny you should mention that...the lock is a bit dodgy.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭lukin

Ha, that's the first thing that came into my head too!I wonder if it was some sort in-joke tribute?
    As regards the ep itself; feckin fantastic. I was genuinely shocked when Saul stepped out of the SUV and I realised he was going to see Brody. Poor fella is well and truly hooked on the junk though.
    I was sure Saul's wife was going to get whacked by her bit on the side when she came home that time.
    The tension during the stakeout at the hotel was unbearable too. Well and truly a return to form for this series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

So, Saul's Wife's lover is oh so conveniently a spy. For whom? The dodgy lawyer?

Iran. Javadi is also playing a game here which could well royally screw Saul et al at a later date. He was already playing with them after he was 'turned'. The whole money laundering by him could easily be a long term ploy.

As for hole-picking the realism, the acting Head of the CIA wouldn't be living at such an unsecured location, so easily bugged/burgled and the missus would have been at least watched after returning home the way she did.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

At least I no longer have 'the fear' that there would be another episode dedicated to Brody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

tricky D wrote: »
    Iran. Javadi is also playing a game here which could well royally screw Saul et al at a later date. He was already playing with them after he was 'turned'. The whole money laundering by him could easily be a long term ploy.

As for hole-picking the realism, the acting Head of the CIA wouldn't be living at such an unsecured location, so easily bugged/burgled and the missus would have been at least watched after returning home the way she did.

Ok, but didn't Mira mention that she met Alain in India whilst she and Saul were separated, in which case, surely engaging in an affair with the estranged wife of the second in charge of the CIA (as he was then) on the other side of the world was ultimately pointless at the time in terms of gathering intelligence.

I mean, Javadi was not in the picture at that time - he and Saul had not had any dealings with each other in many years - so why Alain would be spying on behalf of him is puzzling, especially seeing as Mira apparantly had little to no contact with her husband during the period she was seeing him.

Maybe I'm just being completely wooden headed here, but I'm not seeing the link in the timeline between Mira, Alain, Saul and Javadi.
    Is it the now the case that we are to believe Alain started this affair on the off chance Mira would reunite with Saul after the Langley bombing and just on the further off chance he would eventually figure out Javadi was somehow involved?

Just doesn't make any sense to me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

What a cracking episode. I was wide eyed in the last 15 minutes, so much drama, unexpected drama....its all coming together. Junk turned around and the future is looking great again. Its been a while since Ive been desperate to see the next episode, but here I am....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

why do they ever leave carrie by herself at stakeouts?

• Advertisement
Advertisement