Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Homeland Season 3 *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

Also, the writers of Homeland really need to check out Breaking Bad when it comes to the disposing of corpses via acid - never do it in a bathtub people!!

Better call Saul :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

This has become the stupidest show in TV, possibly in history.

So we are expected to believe that Carrie, pregnant with an on the lamb terrorist baby daddy's child would not have an abortion?

This woman who is obsessed with the CIA and with Brody, evidently caring more about him than her country.

Plusmthisnshow should just be renamed the Claire Danes look at me hour. She gets sooooo many close ups and none of the minor characters get any developments.

It's worse than Emmerdale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Plusmthisnshow should just be renamed the Claire Danes look at me hour. She gets sooooo many close ups and none of the minor characters get any developments.

You're just jealous cos it's not the Claire Fontaine hour!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 lordRothery

Great episode, the last 10 minutes were epic ...
    I wonder what they can do with Brody with him strung out like that ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭lukin

I wonder what they can do with Brody with him strung out like that ..

Cast him in Trainspotting 2:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Anyone else say 'Yessss!' when Carrie got shot? I really thought her stupid solo runs and disobeying orders were over but at least her pissed off colleagues finally had enough of her to actually take her out. Great work lads!

Only thing is, as mentioned by others, what's the deal with Alain turning out to be a spy? It's not like Saul works from home so is Alain really going to get that much information by being able to monitor Saul's desktop computer?? There must be something else to this surely.

But what an episode. Thrilling last 20 minutes or so. And like someone also said, it really left me wanting to watch the next episode straight away. I haven't felt that way about this show is a long time. Great stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Might be clutching at straws here but could it be that Alain is not really a spy at all but a stalker? Bugging the computer might be to monitor what she's up to and not Saul...

• Registered Users Posts: 35 lordRothery

Might be clutching at straws here but could it be that Alain is not really a spy at all but a stalker? Bugging the computer might be to monitor what she's up to and not Saul...

Doubt it , it's not the shows style to put in a rubbish sub plot like that,

It's Homeland - not Dexter

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

This has become the stupidest show in TV, possibly in history.

So we are expected to believe that Carrie, pregnant with an on the lamb terrorist baby daddy's child would not have an abortion?

This woman who is obsessed with the CIA and with Brody, evidently caring more about him than her country.

ibfwlUqDvU0xwN.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

It's Homeland - not Dexter (Seasons 6 to 8)

FYP ;)

Anyone else say 'Yessss!' when Carrie got shot? I really thought her stupid solo runs and disobeying orders were over but at least her pissed off colleagues finally had enough of her to actually take her out. Great work lads!

Yes I did cheer when she got shot the stupid bint. Only pity was Quinn shot her in the arm not the head. I'm amazed it hasn't happened sooner, she must be an absolute nightmare to work with.

It's Homeland - not Dexter

Uh yes it is.

Show is total rubbish this season.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Points for casting William Sadler, awesome. Well, every scene involving the Senator McTool essentially needs to be one that tells him to feck off. :pac: Yes, the guy Saul's wife was seeing is obviously shifty. We kinda knew that. Not sure what he planted there - keylogging software, or a camera? Anyway, that goes to the kinda casual way people in the show tend to take about intelligence, albeit sometimes vaguely, on the phone...

Franklin having gun skills isn't a surprise, seemed like there was more to him. Bennett will be a slippery fecker, no doubt. A couple of the more secondary scenes felt effective rather than just functional - Fara's absenteeism and the pre-natal check. With Carey being out of action again - just as she had gotten back on her feet, a few tetchy lines between her and Saul. Presumably, her next pregnancy related appointment will add 'getting shot' to the heavy drinking and work stress list, and yes, she will always get out of the van.

It makes sense for Brody to come back to even things out. Kinda thought it might be Quinn getting more screen time in the event he was being moulded from assassin to analyst, though I don't think they'll push that and he'll always be primarily field orientated. Not sure how easy it is for the director of the CIA to just pop around the world, but I guess if they can turn Jivadi anything's possible. And what are we to make of this - that Brody was maybe in on the bomb thing all along (not as the trigger man), but perhaps just the whole act in order for him to take the blame and only he and Saul knew? I've no idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

I love this show. I put up with the plots holes and other random stuff BUT the character Carrie has to be the most annoying character I have ever witnessed in any show, EVER! :eek:

• Advertisement

SeaFields wrote: »
    I love this show. I put up with the plots holes and other random stuff BUT the character Carrie has to be the most annoying character I have ever witnessed in any show, EVER! :eek:

The whole show is Carrie now.

If you compare to S1 and S2 look how bare bones the production values are is S3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

You have never encountered Ted Mosby so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Eh, Dana?
    Nuts102 wrote: »
    You have never encountered Ted Mosby so.

I often find with HIMYM that the characters are at their best when they're supporting. Ted so annoying when he's the main focus of an episode but I really enjoy his little side adventures when one of the others is the focus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

I thought they'd just shot Carrie with a tranquiliser. I didn't realise until they picked her up that they'd used real bullets. I can't blame them though - I was swearing at the TV screen when she got out of the van. Again. I know she wanted that guy alive, but he's not the only proof that Brody's innocent. Bennett and Franklin both knew who the bomber was, and probably other people too.

I must have been on a serious go-slow watching it, because I didn't realise who Saul was there to see until he spoke to the man with the spider tattoo. I refuse to go back and watch the Brody-centric episode, so I don't know how much we knew about why that gang of men had him in the first place. I'm guessing that Saul has always been aware that Brody didn't bomb Langley, so. Yet he was happy to let him take the blame? Part of the Javadi plot, maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

vitani wrote: »
    , so I don't know how much we knew about why that gang of men had him in the first place.

the leader of the gang intimated that he knew Carrie and was taking Brody as a favour to her

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

I suppose a central theme of the show is that Carrie is full of surprises - the inspired maverick against conventional CIA wisdom. Seems to work ?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Uh yes it is.

Show is total rubbish this season.

Why not just stop watching......you obviously still watch it as you keep posting on it :-)

Why not just stop watching......you obviously still watch it as you keep posting on it :-)

I keep hoping... you're right I should stop.

recipio wrote: »
    I suppose a central theme of the show is that Carrie is full of surprises - the inspired maverick against conventional CIA wisdom. Seems to work ?!

Yes but that is just a re-hash of 24. Jack was always going off on solo runs doing his own thing because he knows best. The difference is Jack was usually proved right but Carrie's solo runs are usually for selfish reasons;like in the last ep trying to stop the guy from executing the bomber because she wanted to prove Brody was innocent (even when she doesn't even know for sure that the is innocent).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

lukin wrote: »
    Yes but that is just a re-hash of 24. Jack was always going off on solo runs doing his own thing because he knows best. The difference is Jack was usually proved right but Carrie's solo runs are usually for selfish reasons;like in the last ep trying to stop the guy from executing the bomber because she wanted to prove Brody was innocent (even when she doesn't even know for sure that the is innocent).

True but like Jack, she's always annoyingly right about the big stuff.

She knew Brody was dodgy and worth watching when nobody else did, then there was the whole Abu Nazir thing, and then she knew that Brody didn't bomb Langley.

They make her wrong about the small stuff for some semblance of realism......so she isn't just some Bi-polar Mary Sue.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

How did Saul know where Brody was being kept. I thought it was Carrie who arranged that. Was it him and Carrie in on hiding Brody?

Also where did he get the 11 million to pay the guy from the start of the last scene?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,633 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

How did Saul know where Brody was being kept. I thought it was Carrie who arranged that. Was it him and Carrie in on hiding Brody?

Also where did he get the 11 million to pay the guy from the start of the last scene?

Isn't there a 10 million reward from CIA on Brody's head??
    I assume yer man sold him down the river for a suitcase full of cash

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

That all makes perfect sense, I'm a bit embarrassed I didn't figure that out.

This season has come around I think from the dreadful reveal in episode 4. Its no where near on par with season 1, but a lot more watchable than season 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

In ep3 the guy said the money didn't interest him and he was doing a favour for Carrie. Things might have changed though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Carrie never arranged it. Why would she have a map of possible sightings of Brody in her flat if she knew where he was all along?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭paulbok

Temaz wrote: »
    In ep3 the guy said the money didn't interest him and he was doing a favour for Carrie. Things might have changed though.

I think the guy in S.America said to brody that he knew Carrie, not that he was working for her.
    I got the impression that he has a score to settle with Carrie and was holding Brody as bait. Then he found out about the $10m reward and decided to turn him in.
    Saul looked like Christmas Hanukkah came early for him on finding Brody. definately has something other than a bullet in the head in mind for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Carrie never arranged it. Why would she have a map of possible sightings of Brody in her flat if she knew where he was all along?

making it look like she didn't know where he was and was tracking him...for the benefit of others

she did, after all, help him get away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Brody washed up unconscious in Venezuela. Pumped full of bullets. No plastic surgery - just a headshave. Not exactly the ideal arrival for a man with a plan. If Carrie knew where he was going, he certainly didn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I'm a bit befuddled by the whole Saul / Mira situation, and why I'm supposed to care. He caught her with another man: that is the end of the relationship right there. Why is he trying to win her back? Is there some national security angle which I missed? :confused:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Does anyone know the reasons why Damien Lewis has appeared once all season? It just seems weird that the lead character would make one appearance thus far and I doubt It's purely the choice of the producers to have him barely appear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,797 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Does anyone know the reasons why Damien Lewis has appeared once all season? It just seems weird that the lead character would make one appearance thus far and I doubt It's purely the choice of the producers to have him barely appear

I am assuming it is something to do with the writers.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Well, he's been trapped in Caracas, getting hooked on Heroin or whatever that is, which is not terribly interesting in itself.
    If you've seen the end of Ep.8, you'll know that's about to change.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

this new episode must be good

9.5 on imdb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

this new episode must be good

9.5 on imdb

I really enjoyed it; easily my favourite episode this season so far. Brody's back and how! Some excellent acting from Damien Lewis here, which more than makes up for his last somewhat disappointing episode (although I didn't hate it as much as everyone else seemed to!)

Still not convinced about the Alain reveal to be an Israeli intelligence officer and his convenient relationship with Mira. It's too far of a stretch to have all been a long play by Lockhart (who presumably had no idea he was to eventually become head of the CIA at the time Alain met Mira), but also too much of a coincidence to have just been a chance meeting between himself and the estranged wife of Lockhart's future nemesis.

Anyway, next week should hopefully see a return to the claustrophobic suspense of Season 1. Hope Brody makes it out alive to find out about Brody junior (unless Carrie continues to sabotage the pregnancy, smoking now as well, tut tut...).

It's been a while since I was looking forward in anticipation to the next episode of Homeland, but after a shaky start, this season finally seems to be kicking it up a gear.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

i didn't think that was a great episode myself.. ep9

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Loved that episode, best so far imo. I think the next 3 episodes will be epic!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Thought that possibly was the worst episode of the season, Bodie visiting Dana was completely ridiculous.
    No real suspense or gripping parts in it either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

It's funny how people can have such polar opposite opinions. I thought it was the best episode of the season. The scene is set for a great climax to the season.

the detox thing was a borefest...seen it so many times

the thing with the daughter? ouch

the plot. .brody brought back by the cia
    his cover apparently still intact and shipped off to Iran on an improbable mission

love the show but gave this a thumbs down myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Im just half switching off my brain, and Im just letting myself go and enjoying the ride to the end of the season. If I think too deep I will ruin the show for myself, so Im dumbing down and my enjoyment is bigger as a result.

Question:

How is Brody supposed to present himself to people as the Langley bomber when those same people know he is not the Langley bomber?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Question:

How is Brody supposed to present himself to people as the Langley bomber when those same people know he is not the Langley bomber?

because the Iranian guy they turned will tell them he was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Question:

Even if he isn't, he is wanted for it and can't go anywhere else. Saul said something about him being a big victory for them to take in. Brody is practically a poster boy for anti-Americanism at the minute.

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Even if he isn't, he is wanted for it and can't go anywhere else. Saul said something about him being a big victory for them to take in. Brody is practically a poster boy for anti-Americanism at the minute.

I can't see how they are going to get it to fly since thy know who actually did the bomb and Javardi has already made it clear he knows it wasn't Brody.

Homeland and Brody are the poster children for anti Americanism now that Homeland has drawn a direct parallel with CIA strategy and Al Q.

• Advertisement
Advertisement