Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Job Bridge scheme vrs 6 month Contract?

• 15-04-2013 3:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm in a potiential dilema and just looking for some insight.

I've just been to an interview for a JB position this morning, which is a decent internship (in my field) plus the agency provides accomodation for the succesful applicant. However I will find out tommorow if I get it or not. The starting date is next week.

The other side. I was at an interview last week for a 6 month contract position and I'll find out by the end of this week if I get it or not. I worked with this particular agency on an off for the last three years or so (work placement for college and temp contracts) and I love the job.

Let's just say that I was succesful in both interviews. Regardless of financial benefits or contract durations, a person in my position should always choose employment and pay back tax with a contract instead of staying on social welfare

Also given the nature of the Job Bridge scheme I can only assume my dilema happens a lot, if I were to accept the offer then turn it down after being offered a contract with the other agency, would this leave me with a bad mark with this company in the future or do they just get on with it?

On the other hand I might not get either position:o

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Chickens counting ect,wait till you have enough info to make a choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭Silent Runner

mp22 wrote: »
    Chickens counting ect,wait till you have enough info to make a choice.

Yeah I guess so, at the moment I just acept I have nothing and I'm just preparing for my next interview:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 208 ✭✭daver123

Hi,

I'm in a potiential dilema and just looking for some insight.

I've just been to an interview for a JB position this morning, which is a decent internship (in my field) plus the agency provides accomodation for the succesful applicant. However I will find out tommorow if I get it or not. The starting date is next week.

The other side. I was at an interview last week for a 6 month contract position and I'll find out by the end of this week if I get it or not. I worked with this particular agency on an off for the last three years or so (work placement for college and temp contracts) and I love the job.

Let's just say that I was succesful in both interviews. Regardless of financial benefits or contract durations, a person in my position should always choose employment and pay back tax with a contract instead of staying on social welfare

Also given the nature of the Job Bridge scheme I can only assume my dilema happens a lot, if I were to accept the offer then turn it down after being offered a contract with the other agency, would this leave me with a bad mark with this company in the future or do they just get on with it?

On the other hand I might not get either position:o

If you get offered the job bridge position try and keep them on your side untill you get feedback on your 6 month contract position, if you are being pushed to make a decision on the JB position i would call the people who interviewed you for the 6 month contract position and try and find out where you stand. The worst case scenario is you end up with nothing, i would not be worried about choosing which option is best for the greater good ( paying tax or staying on welfare for 6 months ), they are both short term contracts and you are trying to better yourself on both options. Companies move on when recruitment processes are finished, once you are fair with them you will be fine.

Advertisement