Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skype call on mobile?

Options
  • 15-04-2013 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭

Hey All,
    Looking for a wee bit of advice please, My Girlfriend has been asked by a prospective employer to have a skype interview this week. Problem is we don't have a web came on our very old PC, also we use a 3Mobile dongle for our broadband connection, no WiFi or the like, What i am trying to find out is is a 3G connection on a phone effective or strong enough to hold a skype call?

Any help would be great.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

With video? Not really. Even voice calls can be dodgy with 3G. Test your connection, for example at speedtest.net, you want a ping < 100ms for a decent VoIP experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭neckedit

Torqay wrote: »
    With video? Not really. Even voice calls can be dodgy with 3G. Test your connection, for example at speedtest.net, you want a ping < 100ms for a decent VoIP experience.

Yeah needs to be video call, Checked the speed earlier, barely registered,
    Thanks for the reply.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Would it be possible to make the call elsewhere in a friends or relatives? A stable internet connection with a decent webcam would come across much more professional and will also be clearer. You can create a Skype account easy enough for free

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭neckedit

yoyo wrote: »
    Would it be possible to make the call elsewhere in a friends or relatives? A stable internet connection with a decent webcam would come across much more professional and will also be clearer. You can create a Skype account easy enough for free

Nick

Yeah, I have sorted it with a buddy of mine,
    Thanks for taking the time out to help, really grateful.

Advertisement