Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beanmimo's Irish Film Trivia

Options
  • 15-04-2013 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

I thought you guys might enjoy these

1) Irish Actor (and sometime rugby player!) Richard Harris died in 2002, do you know who unveiled the bronze statue to him in Kilkee, Co. Clare in 2006?

2) Guess the film from this clue? "Cillian laps up role"?

3) In the late 1980s which Production Company successfully spent three times its production budget to get their Irish made film noticed by the Academy Awards?

4) True Or False? The scene from Veronica Guerin where she dances with her family to "Everlasting Love" was added in on the spot by Cate Blanchett.

5) Can you guess the film? "Every man dies, not every man really lives."

6) What part of Gerard Butler's costume caused Hilary Swank to be hospitalised briefly during the filming of P.S. I Love You?

7) Irish Director Pat O’Connor (Dancing at Lughnasa, Circle of Friends, The ballroom of Romance etc.) is married to Mary. How is Mary better known?

8) This line is from what film? “If I were in America I could say “I love you, Dad”, the way they do in the films. But in Limerick they’d laugh at you. In Limerick you are only allowed to say you love God, and babies, and horses that win. Anything else is softness in the head.”

9) Which 1993 Irish box office success’s tickets were issued with a glossary in the U.S.?

10) Which classic 1940's movie was treated so harshly by the Irish Censorship Board that most Irish viewers seeing it for the first time may not have realised that there was meant to be a romance between the leads?

and

here

come

the

Answers

1) Russel Crowe

2) Breakfast On Pluto

3) Ferndale Films, Granada Television & Radio Telefís Éireann (RTÉ) for My Left Foot

4) True

5) Braveheart

6) His Braces.

7) Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio

8) Angela’s Ashes

9) The Snapper

10) Casablanca

*snip*

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,395 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

OP please stop starting threads solely to link to your own site. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Ben Moore

Will do! Apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Ben Moore

No more pimping... just more Irish film trivia

1) How many of the Asterix books made up the Irish-shot film Astérix and Obélix: God Save Britannia?

2) I am from Portlaoise, Co. Laois. I am the youngest of three children. American Beauty is one of my all time favourite movies. I have been in Song for a Raggy Boy, The Clinic and The Tudors but I am known better for other roles. Who am I?

3) Even though it was set in County Durham and filmed in Ireland, do you know where Alan Hunter originally set his books about Inspector George Gently?

4) "When your past is a lie... and your future is not your own" is the tagline for which movie?

5) In Which 1959 movie do we see Sean Connery singing?

6) Which Francis Ford Coppola children’s movie is partly about the splicing of tobacco with the mint plant so a town can grow menthol cigarettes?

7) The late Pete Postlewaite played Daniel Day Lewis’ Dad Giuseppe in In The Name Of the Father but in real life how many years separated them?

8) In which film did Gabriel Byrne speak this line “There's no way they'd line five felons in the same room, no way.”

9) Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson were nominated at the Golden Globes for In Bruges, who won?

10) In The Guard Brendan Gleeson refers to "The Fat Man", which classic movie and character is he talking about?

and

here

come

the

answers

Wait for it

1) Asterix In Britain and Asterix and the Normans.

2) Robert Sheehan

3) East Anglia

4) A Tiger’s Tale

5) Darby O’Gill and the Little People

6) Finian's Rainbow

7) 11

8) The Usual Suspects

9) Colin Farrell

10) "The Fat Man" refers to Sydney Greenstreet who played Signor Ferrari, opposite Humphrey Bogart, as a bar owning competitor in Casablanca

Advertisement