Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with unlocked phone

Options
  • 15-04-2013 5:18pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm based in the UK, and my credit was flying through my phone because of the cost of receiving a call over there roaming. So I decided to change from o2 to 3, because there is no roaming in the UK with 3, so I could receive my calls for free.

I'm nearly 100% sure my phone is unlocked, because I ended up using the 48 months deal for a while last year. Now when I changed the sim over, I was using my S3, but now that I've gone back to UK, I use my S3 for my UK number and my Nokia c3 for my Irish number, but despite numerous efforts, I can't seem to get 3UK as my network on my C3, so I'm on O2UK and its costing me money that I didn't want to be forking out, which is why I changed networks.

Anyone got any idea of how to fix it, or what is going on? Its really frustrating because I changed network specifically so I wouldn't be charged for roaming and now I'm stuck!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

I'm based in the UK, and my credit was flying through my phone because of the cost of receiving a call over there roaming. So I decided to change from o2 to 3, because there is no roaming in the UK with 3, so I could receive my calls for free.

I'm nearly 100% sure my phone is unlocked, because I ended up using the 48 months deal for a while last year. Now when I changed the sim over, I was using my S3, but now that I've gone back to UK, I use my S3 for my UK number and my Nokia c3 for my Irish number, but despite numerous efforts, I can't seem to get 3UK as my network on my C3, so I'm on O2UK and its costing me money that I didn't want to be forking out, which is why I changed networks.

Anyone got any idea of how to fix it, or what is going on? Its really frustrating because I changed network specifically so I wouldn't be charged for roaming and now I'm stuck!

On the Network selection if you select the option to manually select network it should allow you select 3UK and stay on it as long you have coverage.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

nava wrote: »
    On the Network selection if you select the option to manually select network it should allow you select 3UK and stay on it as long you have coverage.

I did do it manually, and 3UK was never an option, despite my English number having full coverage in my other hand - thats whats really frustating me

Advertisement