Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great Signage from Bray

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Ha ha, so the green area is for children to ****e on & not for dogs

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭gramo

Seen that today on Facebook... Was thinking of Making one and putting it on the green, so the Neighbour with dogs can see it.....

I would obviously put it up at night time so they wouldn't know it was me lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Won't make any difference to anyone who doesn't pick up their dogs poo, although it may encourage kids to use the word '****e'. Fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Just as people used to just about light up anywhere and don't now. A mixture of prohibition, enforcement and social taboo is the answer. Dog owners need to know that their disgusting actions are noticed and abhorred by others,

Just as people used to just about light up anywhere and don't now. A mixture of prohibition, enforcement and social taboo is the answer. Some Dog owners need to know that their disgusting actions are noticed and abhorred by others,

FYP

• Advertisement

if it's a five year plan. Start on the premise that it's most rather than some.

Unfortunately the people that need to read these signs are behind their hall door as they let their dogs out to roam. Chances are that if a person is out walking their dog they pick up after them (Hopefully)

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Unfortunately the people that need to read these signs are behind their hall door as they let their dogs out to roam. Chances are that if a person is out walking their dog they pick up after them (Hopefully)
    No they dont

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Zebbedee

Whereabouts is this particular sign?

Twitter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭drag0n79

Zebbedee wrote: »
    Whereabouts is this particular sign?

The picture is from Newbridge in Kildare, last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭snowman224

I think they meant "Fixed your Post" (FYP) rather than "Five Year Plan" (FYP)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 tonyon

Great sign and to the point. Need lot's more of them around, Charnwood in Bray being particularly used by non residents to allow their dogs to **** all over greens, paths and anywhere they like. Appalling disregard for kids playing ball on the areas that were designed for that purpose. Dog lovers take note, find somewhere else to walk your dogs.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

tonyon wrote: »
    Need lot's more of them around, Charnwood in Bray being particularly used by non residents to allow their dogs to **** all over greens, paths and anywhere they like.
    Do you seriously expect signs such as that to work??:confused:
    Dog lovers take note, find somewhere else to walk your dogs.
    Walking dogs that is the issue, a minority of irresponsible dog owners not cleaning up is. An unhelpful remark IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 tonyon

Strange you omitted in your selective quotes the middle part of the comment, ''Appalling disregard for kids playing ball on the areas that were designed for that purpose.''

tonyon wrote: »
    Strange you omitted in your selective quotes the middle part of the comment, ''Appalling disregard for kids playing ball on the areas that were designed for that purpose.''
    Don't bother mate. It's been done to death on here. They're all in the majority of responsible dog owners apparantly! The ****e is a figment of our imaginations!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,445 ✭✭✭Macy0161

2011 wrote: »
    Walking dogs that is the issue, a minority of irresponsible dog owners not cleaning up is. An unhelpful remark IMHO.
    Minority? Wouldn't be sure of that at all to be honest, given the amount of crap around.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Minority? Wouldn't be sure of that at all to be honest, given the amount of crap around.

I would think it is a minority, yes. This is just my opinion, I am not going to be drawn into an arguement about it.

A small percentage of dogs can generate an enormous amount of cr@p. I agree that it is completely inexcusable to allow dogs to cr@p everywhere and not clean it up. I say this as a parent that is not a dog owner.

However my question to tonyon remains unanswered:
    Do you seriously expect signs such as that to work??

......and my point that walking dogs in green areas is not the problem still stands.

Advertisement