Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft tech support

Options
  • 15-04-2013 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi everyone,

Hopefully this is the right forum for my query- does anyone know the number for Microsoft tech support in their Dublin office?

I was calling 1850 940 940 today on 3 occasions and got talking to 3 different people in what must be there Indian call centre. Two of whom had poor English and the other one kept me on the line for nearly 3 hours while she unsuccessfully tried to fix my straightforward issue. Then at five o' clock, when they finish, she just hung up on me without further explanation! I'm just starting an online post grad course and have a newborn to look after so deffo have better things to be doing than hanging on the telephone! Am furious, will definitely be lodging a complaint but still need to set up my Office software in the morning, anyone have any idea of a direct no. for their dub office?

Sorry for the rant and thanks in advance,
    Claire

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

What exactly is your problem?

What version of Office are you trying to use?

Have you tried looking for solutions on http://support.microsoft.com/find-solutions/more?Family=Office

• Registered Users Posts: 5 clazza

Hiya,

Thanks for the reply, yeah I had a look at that but no joy. I've bought Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 and have the receipt in my emails however any time I try to install it the 25 character product key isn't recognised. I've got Windows 10 on my laptop and Office is 2013 so maybe that's causing the problem? I'm obviously no expert but considering all I want to do is install Office and have proof of purchase you'd think it would be fairly easy for one of their technical support team to just put it on my computer...? Oh well, fingers crossed their Irish based staff are more competent!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭dmc17

clazza wrote: »
    Hiya,

Thanks for the reply, yeah I had a look at that but no joy. I've bought Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 and have the receipt in my emails however any time I try to install it the 25 character product key isn't recognised. I've got Windows 10 on my laptop and Office is 2013 so maybe that's causing the problem? I'm obviously no expert but considering all I want to do is install Office and have proof of purchase you'd think it would be fairly easy for one of their technical support team to just put it on my computer...? Oh well, fingers crossed their Irish based staff are more competent!

Might be best not to mention this to them when you ring them as it hasn't been released yet (Windows 8 is the latest)
    Maybe it is Windows 1.0 :eek: you're using in which case it wouldn't be compatible with Office 2013 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 clazza

Ahaha obviously showing my ignorance here! I think it's the version of Windows that was out in 2010 if that makes more sense? And here's me thinking I was computer whizz kid with my ECDL ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭dmc17

Should be Windows 7 so there shouldn't be any problem there. Maybe you have an incorrect key or you might be putting it in wrong

• Advertisement

clazza wrote: »
    Hiya,

Where did you buy it? How much did you pay for it?

Professional Plus is a volume licence edition, intended for sale to companies only. You could have purchased a pirated copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭almalahide

Are you sure you didn't buy 2010 pro plus not 2013? If so, remove the trial version or any other office and the key will validate.Contact the company you purchased from, not Microsoft.

Karsini, untrue there was a select agreeement for years to sell that to students via software4students.co.uk/ie...

Advertisement