Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

belt on the ride on is slipping- can it be tighten

• 15-04-2013 5:54pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭

the belt on my castlegarden 36 inch seems to be slipping if driven hard through the grass. slow up then a bit and it goes on perfect. The grass and speed is the normal way i do it. Belt seems in good condition and a new one was only put on early last year and that was the first belt change. The one before that was the original which lasted 4 years. can these belts be tighten or must i get a new one?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

f140 wrote: »
    the belt on my castlegarden 36 inch seems to be slipping if driven hard through the grass. slow up then a bit and it goes on perfect. The grass and speed is the normal way i do it. Belt seems in good condition and a new one was only put on early last year and that was the first belt change. The one before that was the original which lasted 4 years. can these belts be tighten or must i get a new one?

Firstly a belt lasting only four years sounds like you are pushing it too hard.

Are the blades nice and sharp?

There should be a way of loosening a couple of nuts and pushing the deck backwards or forwards slightly to increase the tension although it is a while since I played with ride on, I just use walk behinds now.

Hope this helps.

Ps by your own words you say push hard through long grass, personally I would always go good and slow through long grass otherwise you over stress everything.

Advertisement