Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work Pay increments....HELP!!

Options
  • 15-04-2013 6:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

hey folks,

i could really do with some help here please, its a long story so please bare with me and ill try explain it as best i can...

im currently working for a company....(lets call them "X") and they are a contracted company to a client...(lets call the client "Y")

i been working at the clients site for the last 3 years. when i first joined "Y" it was contacted to a different company..(we will call this company A) now 17 months ago "A" lost the contract to "Y" and "X" came in and took over the running of "Y"....they came in under TUPE so basically it was an undertaking of duties except we no long work for "A"....we now work for "X"......hope u guys follow me so far :)

so heres where it gets messy.....

currently there are 10 of us working together for X.

3 of us have been working there for 3+ years
    2 are there for about 1 year,
    2 others are there about 15+ years
    3 are there for about 7+ years

so...when we joined (we been myself and the two others that are there 3+ years) it was been run under company "A"....we are now working for "X"

when "A" was in charge there were pay increments for people that worked for 2 year, 3 year, 4 year, 5 year, we (us 3) are just after passing our 3 year mark and we have been fighting with the company since our 2 year mark to recieve our pay increment. we have the union involved but the HR department company "X" are basically saying that they were not made aware of any pay increments when they took over the duties of company "A", now the client (company "Y") is also saying that they were never aware of any increments in place.

now this is where it get tricky......

a current employee recieved a pay increment in 2011 when company "A" was working on the site....and it was back dated as it took the employee over a year of arguments to recieve the pay increment....

we contact the HR department of company "A" and they sent over a copy on the pay scale but its not on headed paper or anything...it also doesnt state our night shift allowances or weekend pay etc so company "X" are now saying that they technically dont have to pay them to us...(even tho the union insist they cant take them away from us)

so basically there are 3 of us in this boat and are due a pay increment since our 2 year mark (which is over a year ago) and now we have past our 3rd year service and we are due another pay increment, yet there is a employee working there that DID recieve the rise. but again it was when company "A" were running the show and not the current company "X".

we are all doing the same job and we have not recieve a single penny from them, now im not throwing roses at the 3 of us but since we started none of us have been sick or late once in 3 years so its not like we are calling in sick every monday or that......

we are currently in talking with the union regarding this and we are going to be taking this to a 3rd party,

has anyone any advice, been in this situation, recomment anything?

just want to point out one point, the wage increment is NOT in any of our contracts, and its not in the other employees contact (the guy that recieved the pay increment)...it part of our unit and everyone else has recieved it apart from us 3 guys and the 2 newer guys.

any help at all folks would be fantastic, thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kingkong123

I have read this numerous times trying to understand it as I think I had a same problem but I was successful. ..it is very hard to understand what you are saying in this could you break it down more in to simpler sentences...have you had any feed back from your employer "y" ??

Advertisement