Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custom Screen Resolution in Android

Options
  • 15-04-2013 6:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭

So the other day I had to create a very specific layout for a very specific and non-standard screen resolution. Previously, I could create such a resolution in Eclipse when editing a layout.

In the meantime I'd updated the SDK and found that I'd seemingly lost the ability to create custom resolutions, and was only given the choice of a number of standard ones. Eventually I found a rather inelegant and time consuming way around this and got the job done.

Question is; is there a better option? Can I still create custom resolutions in layout edit, or can I use another program to do this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Can you not just edit the height and width in the xml?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

srsly78 wrote: »
    Can you not just edit the height and width in the xml?
    It's the layout editor that I want to be able to get to support such custom resolutions.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Have you changed your android target to an older version? If you target a newer version the options may reappear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

srsly78 wrote: »
    Have you changed your android target to an older version? If you target a newer version the options may reappear.
    Nope. As I said, the option to create custom resolutions is gone altogether, seemingly by design.

Advertisement