Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Medication for lambs

• 15-04-2013 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

A search didn’t throw up anything useful so..
    Looking for what medication I need to give my 10 day old lambs and when. Any suggestions on which product and how to keep the cost down for dosing just 4 lambs as regards ‘use by’.
    I’m thinking its Clostridia first, ticks/flies, Fluke then worms as necessary.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 328 ✭✭DMAXMAN

EP90 wrote: »
    A search didn’t throw up anything useful so..
    Looking for what medication I need to give my 10 day old lambs and when. Any suggestions on which product and how to keep the cost down for dosing just 4 lambs as regards ‘use by’.
    I’m thinking its Clostridia first, ticks/flies, Fluke then worms as necessary.
    as regards clostridia they should have immunity from the ewes/colostrum for 6 weeks. that would also be around the age for their first dose covering nematodirus and stomach worms. after that they probably will need a dose every 3-4 weeks for worms. they wont need a fluke dose until late autumn. for flies you generally treat before they get attacked first so depends on the weather but probably around mid june or even a little earlier.number of different pour ons on the market so depends on price and how close lambs are to sale which you use. most doses/pour ons/ vaccines come in biggish packs so you are going to be hard pushed to use them by best before dates. I suggest that you find a local sheep farmer and ask would he sell you enough each time for what you want. in my case I would gladly give it free to someone in your situation for a little bit of help now and again at sheep, maybe shearing or dipping times

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭EP90

Most helpful, thanks.

Advertisement