Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Northwest 200

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Ahh sure it is what it is....the joys of racing and biking. At least I have the fastest circuit to look forward to the Ulster GP.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

There was supposed to be NW200 highlights on BBC1 last night at 10:25pm.

But it was naturally canceled,as a result of the non event.

Hope everyone got home safe from the NW200.

paddy147 wrote: »
    There was supposed to be NW200 highlights on BBC1 last night at 10:25pm.

But it was naturally canceled,as a result of the non event.

Hope everyone got home safe from the NW200.

Cant really show "Highlights" when there was none to show....they could have ran highlights of last years show all the same. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭LookBehindYou

Nodster, remember the time we met on the way home from 1 of the races in the North a few years ago. I had pulled in to a bus shelter to have a smoke. It was lashing rain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Nodster

remember it well - just outside Armagh on the way back from Cookstown (09?). That was some downpour, when it finally stopped the roads were bone dry a mile up the road!

• Advertisement

Nodster wrote: »
    remember it well - just outside Armagh on the way back from Cookstown (09?). That was some downpour, when it finally stopped the roads were bone dry a mile up the road!

LMFAO...Classic Pic.

Lucky there were no potholes! :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Is it next year they are planning racing for Saturday and Sunday? Slightly smaller chance of a total washout.

MrP

They are trying to change the road closure rules to allow more flexibility so lets hope they do that.....it is a fabulous race when its a go'er. Will never forget last years in the sunshine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭LookBehindYou

Nodster, I think it was either 07 or 08

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Nodster

Nodster, I think it was either 07 or 08

pic is dated '09 - went up on a CBF250 prior to that, only got the Bonnie in May the previous year

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Anyone watch the highlights on BBC1 tonight?

They showed the races from Thursday evening and then the 600 wet race that was red flagged after 2 laps.

Mervyn Whyte (NW200 course clerk) let ripp at the goverment for not funding the NW200 and giving big money to the golf instead.

He has a very valid point and he was right to let ripp at them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

was watching the highlights last night as well - they managed to make a decent enough programme from what racing there was on. Agreed there needs to be more flexibility on the road closures - look at the fantastic weather we had all week and we all knew deep down that saturday was going to be a washout.
    Didn't stop us going either though! We normally stay in Derry or just outside it and spin over to Portrush on the Saturday morning. Go from Friday to Sunday.

View from the York pub on Saturday lunchtime (buggers were charging £5 to get in as well)

309943_10151350362546901_1305092983_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

charlieIRL wrote: »
    was watching the highlights last night as well - they managed to make a decent enough programme from what racing there was on. Agreed there needs to be more flexibility on the road closures - look at the fantastic weather we had all week and we all knew deep down that saturday was going to be a washout.
    Didn't stop us going either though! We normally stay in Derry or just outside it and spin over to Portrush on the Saturday morning. Go from Friday to Sunday.

View from the York pub on Saturday lunchtime (buggers were charging £5 to get in as well)

309943_10151350362546901_1305092983_n.jpg
    It's funny, or perhaps a selective memory thing, but I always remember NW200 weekend as being a good weekend, while I was growing up. I remember the whole it will be nice this weekend, it is the NW200. I don't know when that changed...

MrP

Advertisement