Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Degassing wine manually

Options
  • 15-04-2013 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭

I don't own a drill yet everyone on YT seems to use one to degas. Is it possible to get good results doing it with a simple sanitised stirring spoon and plenty of elbow grease?

I have been very careful making this wine kit so far and my head would be crispy if it went to pot because of this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Yeah you can do it by stirring with the paddle too, but the arm will be hanging off you if you do it properly. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭joctcl

:eek: buy a €20 electric drill in Argos, your kit cost nearly twice that, nip the hoop of the top of a stir paddle and its great for aerating beer as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Borrowed a drill in the end. Battery died after 10 mins but i think it did the business anyway.

Advertisement