Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ABC Concept 2

• 15-04-2013 8:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has heard off or has fitted one of the above ranges.
    Its made in croatia or serbia and can heat up to 19 rads.Seen them for sale in done deal and was interested as there are no ranges that can heat that many rads around??????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

Redriddick wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has heard off or has fitted one of the above ranges.
    Its made in croatia or serbia and can heat up to 19 rads.Seen them for sale in done deal and was interested as there are no ranges that can heat that many rads around??????

Never heard of them.Dont go by the amount of rads they heat because that's based on 36 in single panel rads go by the kw and that stove is rated 10-25 kw.There are a lot of stoves on the market with that output so just look for reviews on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Ya i know what yoyr saying alright.hers a link:
    http://www.abcproizvod.rs/site/content/1/41.html

Herself wants a range type!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Plynch74

Hi there,
    just wondering if you ever got one of these cookers and if so how did you get on??

I got one installed a few days ago and thrilled so far. I reluctantly sold my stanley and got one of these instead due to the larger boiler. So far the rads are hopping, probably getting almost double the rads heated compared to my stanley.

Would be interested in knowing if anybody else has one of these cookers and how they are finding them.

Cheers
    S

• Registered Users Posts: 1 selenaandjason

Hi there we are thinking of buying one of these stoves. How well does the cooker work? Does anyone know where we an view genuine reviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Plynch74

Hi there,
    have this range over 2 years now. Although it's good at heating my rads I am a little disappointed with a few things.

1) the ash pan very small and because there is very little distance between the ash pan and the grate. If you are using turf like me and ash builds up, if you don't empty the ashes twice a day then when you pull out the ash try the ashes go everywhere. Ideally the ash pan should be deeper and more room between it and the grate

2) the boiler is not replaceable a little bit disappointing although I knew that at time of purchase.

3)oven is very small

4) a little difficult to clean

few other minor niggles....

My brother last year got the Senko range in. It's 35 kw and It is definitely a better quality range. It can heat more rads (as extra 10 kw), a better ash try, boiler is replaceable, better oven, better insulation levels. The manufacture also seems to be a more established. Although I am happy with the performance of my cooker the Senko is superior in practically all aspects. I wish I had seen that cooker instead :(

P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 indiantina

I got one about 3 yrs ago and it's amazing, the best range cooker I ever saw and the heat is amazing plus the added bonus of seeing the flame through the glass door, the best buy ever, definitely recommend it

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SarahDonald36

I've had a Concept 2 range installed.

Good points,

1 you can see the fire through the glass panel

2 it does heat quite a few radiators.

But the contrast in heat output between using Smokey and smokeless coal is quite significant.

As a range on which to cook on, it is useless.

I'm sorry that I didn't just buy the stove version instead & save myself a lot of money.

The oven rarely gets above 100 degrees (unless you have everything open & the fire is really raging). Even then, the temperature of the oven would not cook anything. (You can heat your plates!!)

Even to boil a kettle, there is one specific hot plate and it just doesn't seem to heat up particularly well.

I have used a smaller Stanley range before & once the fire is going on that you can easily boil water or cook your dinner, & make bread in the oven. So I am very very disappointed in the Concept , range. It is not, in my opinion, a range at all. It's just a more expensive stove.

It needs a lid that retains the heat like the old ranges had.

As regards the ash pan, I agree with the previous poster. What is also irritating is that the ash pan is behind a "step down" or"lip" which makes it difficult to clear out ashes that have overflowed from the ash pan.

So I would not recommend it as a range, because it does not function as a range.

Also it burns way too fast. Even when the draught is closed, the wheel is closed, the fire burns with very little reduction.

If anyone else has any suggestions as to improve the heat of the oven is really appreciate it.

Advertisement