Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

roadworks on the n17

Options
  • 15-04-2013 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

I'm commuting up and down to galway from Mayo for the next few days using the n17. No problem on the drive up this morning but on the return journey the traffic came to a standstill on the way to tuam a couple of miles outside claregalway. I cut across to the n63 and went into tuam that way. Does anybody know what the cause of the traffic on the n17 was?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,898 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

That's an everyday occurrence.
    I think it's just the lights in Claregalway that causes the traffic to block up. It can be as far back as Corinthians Rugby pitch at times.

We always go to Tuam from Galway via the Curraline, Clonboo to Belclare and back on to the main road.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭nicol

Mars Bar wrote: »
    That's an everyday occurrence.
    I think it's just the lights in Claregalway that causes the traffic to block up. It can be as far back as Corinthians Rugby pitch at times.

We always go to Tuam from Galway via the Curraline, Clonboo to Belclare and back on to the main road.

Thing is that it was on the other side of claregalway, the tuam side rather than the galway side. Sorry if that wasn't clear from my original post.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,898 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Oh, maybe they are still doing works in Knockdoe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭ah sure !

heard on the radio today that they are doing some work at Knockdoe.
    Welcome to the N17 traffic , enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

They're called surprise roadworks. They can strike at any time without warning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭King Mallie

Down with that sort of thing !!!!!!!!!! Council more like father ted

Advertisement