Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

skin peel at home

• 15-04-2013 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

Has anyone tried doing a skin peel at home? see many online and with lots of good reviews on them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Has anyone tried doing a skin peel at home? see many online and with lots of good reviews on them.

What results are you trying to achieve?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭curry_person

tan11ie wrote: »
    What results are you trying to achieve?

i would love to get rid of dark spots such as freckles and also get rid of acne, so i was particularly interested in glycolic acid peel which appears to fix both :)

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭quinevere

neostrata glycolic treatment peel is highly recommended. loads of reviews easy to use and the do a lot of training with so any stockist should be able to talk you through it

i would love to get rid of dark spots such as freckles and also get rid of acne, so i was particularly interested in glycolic acid peel which appears to fix both :)

This company have great products, I use them myself. Please make sure to start at the lightest, follow the instructions correctly and ALWAYS use sunscreen daily after doing peels. The lightening serum would also be good for your hyper-pigmentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭curry_person

tan11ie wrote: »
    This company have great products, I use them myself. Please make sure to start at the lightest, follow the instructions correctly and ALWAYS use sunscreen daily after doing peels. The lightening serum would also be good for your hyper-pigmentation.

what was your experience like? did your skin peel bad? how long till you got results etc :) thank you :)

• Advertisement

what was your experience like? did your skin peel bad? how long till you got results etc :) thank you :)

You won't actually peel from these lactic or glycolic home peels, although the name gives that impression, you may however experience some flaking depending on your skins condition.The results can be seen over a period of time, you will need to do them at six weekly sessions...a break then start another six sessions.

TCA peels are the ones were you peel like a snake afterwards....these are NOT recommended for home use, trust me they are extremely strong and in the wrong hands can be extremely damaging.

Best to go slow, it takes time to get good results but it's worth the wait.

Advertisement