Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking near bord gais energy theatre?

Options
  • 15-04-2013 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭

Anyone know any good places to park near the bord gais energy theatre? Will be going to a show there at the end of the month and want to find a decent place to park? Is there any street parking near it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 nedjordan

there is a car park across the road from it, think its 8euro with show ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 29,366 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

There is some, but not a lot and it fills up very quickly.

Best bet is to book a place in the underground carpark - I checked it recently and it was a shocking price (12 quid for the evening), but I did it a while back and I don't remember it being so extortionate so maybe if you have tickets there's a discount or something?

It's also very small as carparks go, so if you want to do that you'd definitely need to book.

You might get parking onstreet if you go the other side of Pearse Street and leave yourself a bit of a walk to the theatre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    There is some, but not a lot and it fills up very quickly.

Best bet is to book a place in the underground carpark - I checked it recently and it was a shocking price (12 quid for the evening), but I did it a while back and I don't remember it being so extortionate so maybe if you have tickets there's a discount or something?

It's also very small as carparks go, so if you want to do that you'd definitely need to book.

You might get parking onstreet if you go the other side of Pearse Street and leave yourself a bit of a walk to the theatre.

Its funny i looked at the qpark site says pre-book for even better value 12 euro then above it.... it says evening rate 10 euro so its 2 euro more if you pre book and also there doesnt seem to be a book now link on the site to book a place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

What time would you be parking at?
    Street parking is free from 7 in the evening. Have never had any trouble finding a space on sir John rogersons quay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Scortho wrote: »
    What time would you be parking at?
    Street parking is free from 7 in the evening. Have never had any trouble finding a space on sir John rogersons quay.

Show is at 7:30 so that parking would do grand unless its full lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

I always park in the q park now having been hassled by junkies more than once going back to a car parked on the street near it. One incident in particular was frightening. It's a tenner from 5pm til the next morning in the q park, I've never pre booked, although I usually go early and have a bite to eat nearby so tend to get in before it fills up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

jjbrien wrote: »
    Show is at 7:30 so that parking would do grand unless its full lol

I've never had any issues with it and have always found a place.
    Never been hassled either by anyone there either. Cars are fairly safe there as well-cars been left unlocked plenty of times and no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 blueblondie

Hi!
    I'm heading to the Lion king this sat night and it seems I've left it too late for the q park! All booked out! Any suggestions, I'm not great at city traffic so don't want to leave it to chance, thinking the convention centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I always park on Macken Street when going to the theatre, there's usually spaces in the section between Pearse Street and where the train goes overhead. Free on the weekend or after 6.30 weekdays (not 100% positive so do check) 5 minute walk to the theatre and you avoid all the queues to get out of the car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Hi!
    I'm heading to the Lion king this sat night and it seems I've left it too late for the q park! All booked out! Any suggestions, I'm not great at city traffic so don't want to leave it to chance, thinking the convention centre?

Yeah that's where I park when I'm going to the Grand Canal area. It's just a 5 minute walk across the bridge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Jurys Inn at Custom House Quay charge an evening rate. Think its only a fiver after 6pm, but its been over a year since I used it, so it may have gone up since then. It's there beside the Jeannie Johnson famine ship. Probably a 10 minute walk from the theatre, and safe enough as there are usually enough people knocking about due to the number of pubs/restaurants and the LUAS in the immediate area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Hi!

Just remember the European Rugby final is on Saturday so traffic will be a bit of a nightmare around the city I'd say...

Advertisement